Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LED resistors for indicators

Go down 
+7
admin
JasMK
hector 19
Mr Intruder
alfie92
BONE
doobie
11 posters
AuthorMessage
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

LED resistors for indicators Empty
PostSubject: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 5:15 pm

right you guys need of your help. after changing my back lights to a led set up indicators flash quickly. so ive got a pair of resistor to fit in to the wiring. each resitor has 4 cables (2 each side of the resistor) so any help would be welcomed
Back to top Go down
BONE
BONE

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:39 pm

I brought led's and resistors a while ago never got round to fitting them though i did test them on bike and basically they just go between the indicator and the loom so the 2 that come from the indicator go into 1 side of the resistor and the 2 from the loom which would usually join the indicator to the loom go into the other 2 cables.

I do recal though it was not the obvious 2 cables that come out the same side that went to the loom or the indicatar from what I remember it was one cable from each side goes to an indicator and same for loom.

Hope this helps its quite easy to do and i dont think I did any damage when i wired it up wrong i think I tripped something a few times so just turned the bike off and then on again and all was ok. The most your going to do is blow a fuse. easy replacment. Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:51 pm

i take it that it don't matter between earth and live from the resistor
Back to top Go down
BONE
BONE

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 pm

if you hook it up and it works, I imagine you have your earth to earth and yours live to live?
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:21 pm

yeah should be fine, if it goes bang it goes bang. and i can start all over again
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: led help for Lez   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:02 pm

led resistor Hi Lez just been to google and found this hope it helps
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:44 pm

cheers alfie will use that plan, whats confuse's me is the ones i've got have two wires on each side of the resistor
Back to top Go down
BONE
BONE

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:36 am

I think 2 cables each side these are your options.
LED resistors for indicators Resistor2
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:04 pm

oh heck....looks like a headache coming on....plus shouting, swearing, and throwing things this weekend then.........
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Yeah but you will feel great when you have done it LED resistors for indicators 2343124779
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:24 pm

true so true......it's the striping down of the rear end to access the wiring loom is the pig, lowering the rear ain't all that cracked up to be..
Back to top Go down
hector 19
hector 19

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:08 pm

i tried led's on my xjr they turned out to be such a pain in the arse that i went back to the oridgional indicators.
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:21 pm

yeah getting that same feeling here, started flickering now......
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:04 am

Lez just a thought (I don't know) but if you look at the resistor as being a double pole ie:one resistor for both indicators,then it would fit just the live side of each indicator acting like an inline fuse.It might be something to consider.
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 4:38 pm

good point, cheer's alfie
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:02 pm

been playing around with the diagramme of bone, but ive only got one lead to each indicator........so stuck again
Back to top Go down
BONE
BONE

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:19 am

eh! you are using a resistor for each indicator?
Back to top Go down
JasMK
JasMK

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:13 am

If you've only got one lead going into the LED then the earth is made through the metal body of the indicator. When I did this I just bought a two pole relay and disconnected the integrated one that's causing these problems. No resistors required and about ÂŁ8 on ebay...
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:38 pm

yep two indicators two resitors...jasMK have you got the link to that part you used..
Back to top Go down
JasMK
JasMK

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:01 pm

Sure, here you go
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350435021018?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Its a 10 minute job and works perfect
Back to top Go down
admin
The Final Say!
admin

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi just contacted Mr Intruder (Dave) and he has just phoned "Doc Cox" to pop on site and give some advice.

Admin
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi Lez, have just read through and you say you only have one wire to each indicator so this means you have one power lead that goes to the bulb and the body of the bulb will go to earth, what you will need to do is put a resistor from your posotive lead and then to earth to complete the circuit, led,s have a very low resistance and the flasher module can,t sense enough resistance and will flash quicker, did the resistors and bulbs come as a kit, can you let know what colours or writing is on the resistors please, if you have a meter it is easy to check the resistanceand then just get a normal resistor with two leads, regards Doc Cox
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:45 pm

cheers doc will check this out over the next few days as dont wont to try at the moment as im doing the ride of respect on sunday in your wonderful town of royal wootton bassett.
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:34 pm

this is written on the resitor 12v25n8 (upside down c) j with two red wires each side
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Have just had a look at the flasher control unit on ebay that Jason gave us the link to and it looks like this unit is made to sense the low current draw of led,s and should be a straight plug and play operation, Doc Cox
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:54 pm

thanks doc going to give that a try

just would like to thank every body whos giving me advise on this
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 6:34 pm

well that didnt work, 2 pin relay sent to me and i've got a 6 pin relay on the bike.....?
Back to top Go down
BONE
BONE

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Bloody hell these led's are turning out to be mighty complicated
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:00 pm

That was a bit of a blow, bear with me trying to find out what size resistors are needed, regards Doc Cox
Back to top Go down
hector 19
hector 19

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:16 pm

standard indicators are looking so good right now
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:38 pm

are all the problems because the indercators youv chose are leds just wondering because if i change mine in the future ill just look at ones that arent leds if this will make it easyer to do
Back to top Go down
icetechaus
Valued Member
icetechaus

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:20 am

Hi Doobie

That relay also contains the side stand kill switch. That is why it is a 6 wire.

LED resistors for indicators Flasherrelay

If you remove the wires from terminals F (Light Blue) and G (Brown) you can connect them to the 2 wire relay that you have. You may have to cut the wires and replace the terminals though.

On top of that I just found this site http://www.bugmanweb.com/gsxr/flasher.html You'll notice that as it is a Suzuki he is talking about it uses the same flasher/kickstand relay that we use.

As far as your resistors go I would have a go at them with a multimeter if you wanted to go that way. What you have is wire wound inductors judging by the part number that you quoted. If you use a meter you should find approximately 10 ohms resistance between pairs of wires, basically 2 resistors in one package. I suspect that your resistor is meant to be inserted at a common point in your wiring, i.e. before it splits out to individual indicators in the tail light assembly. You should be able to slice one end of each resistor to the indicator and wire the other end to a suitable ground point. It should be light Green for Right, Black for Left and Black/White for ground.

Last edited by icetechaus on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:57 am

Just did a quick ebay search and guess what I found?????????????

Yep you guessed right, just what your after LED resistors for indicators 184121345

This is what you need, its plug and play E-Bay LINK

Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:46 am

captain crash wrote:
Just did a quick ebay search and guess what I found?????????????

Yep you guessed right, just what your after LED resistors for indicators 184121345

This is what you need, its plug and play E-Bay LINK

Good find Crash, well done LED resistors for indicators 3498837457
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:34 pm

great ideas chaps, but no way am i letting this go its only delayed success......back to the garage slagman....i may be a while
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:37 am

doobie wrote:
great ideas chaps, but no way am i letting this go its only delayed success......back to the garage slagman....i may be a while
Now theres a man not to have an argumenent with, thats a serious case of digging the heels in lol!

Mind you if Lez is anything like his picture I wouldn;t argue anyway LED resistors for indicators 249703 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LED resistors for indicators 852880

Good luck Lez, I hope you win LED resistors for indicators 184121345
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:01 pm

CC, glad i look nowt like that picture...but i will not let anything beat me, like i said its only delayed success LED resistors for indicators 3213823784
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:05 pm

I like your style Lez, You gotta beat it now mate. As that was a declaration of war LED resistors for indicators 852880
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:49 pm

WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS......THE WAR IS OVER AND I'VE BEATEN THEM BLOODY INDICATORS INTO SUBMISSION. used the relay that jasmk(thanks mate), traced the wire's that needed to e cut and hey presto bob's your aunty

once again THANKS TO ALL THAT HELPED....just would'nt be SUZUKI800.COM without you

LED resistors for indicators 1218875559
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:38 pm

Well done glad you did it LED resistors for indicators 2170595768
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Glad to hear you have sorted it but if anyone is going to put these on in future it would probably be the easiest way to do it by popping in the plug and play adapter I posted the other day
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 8:30 pm

CC that was my next option, my mate done his with a 7 pin plug and play but didnt say nowt untill yesterday (have not seen him for a while). but didnt want to spend any more. there is a uk supplier for them i'll have to get the ebay number of him. it was easy enough though once i traced the wire's out of the relay
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:40 pm

The 7 pin is what I and you would advise someone to get if they hadn't bought anything yet but all credit to you for your percaverance. Maybe Mr I should give you a special title like he did for Peter LED resistors for indicators 852880
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:33 pm

CC thats a defo on that one, but you only find out by trying and if you don't try you won't find out....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LED resistors for indicators   LED resistors for indicators Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LED resistors for indicators
Page 1 of 1