Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oldfart
oldfart

Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Empty
PostSubject: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:28 am

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if all standard headers and mufflers across the models from 2005 through 2012 are inter changable, as well as the covering plate and sensors etc? I have mentioned that I scratched my pipes and also the mid cover peice.

I can purchase a 2007 set of pipes and mufflers for $100 which is a fairly cheap set of parts for replacing the lower pipe and triangle cover plate if they fit okay.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 8:05 am

It will fit!
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 8:31 am

Xcellent news thank you Dave
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:08 am

Mr Intruder wrote:
It will fit!

Will the 2007 exhaust only have one sensor hole, where as the later bikes have two, Oldfarts bike is a 2010. Just a thought not wanting to throw a spanner in the works. But on second thoughts he could always have a sensor boss welded in.
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:27 pm

so are you saying there are one sensor in each pipe for my 2010 bike and only one pipe with a sensor in it on the 2007, if so which one?

as I only want to replace the bottom pipe so is that the usable one if it is only one sensor port?
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:43 pm

If the muffler you are going to use hasn't got a hole for the sensor and you need one you can have a boss welded in for the sensor. Thats what I had to have done with my after market exhausts.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:07 pm

I do apologies I read the thread title "muffler" and then only scanned the thread. If you buy an exhaust with either 1 or no bosses and you want to keep with the O2 sensors then have the bosses welded on as Ray has suggested or buy a couple of O2 sensor eliminators and plug them in. Either option is very cheap, so don't let the age put you off of getting a bargain, as it will still be a bargain either way.
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:46 am

okay thanks guys for that updates .... but l am a little confused now, as today I went into suzuki for a couple of unmodding jobs on my ride, and they told me the brackets of the 2007 will not line up onto my bike nor do the exterior covers and was advised not to buy them.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 6:37 pm

If the fixings are in different places then why do all after market exhaust fit all years apart from the fact that some have O2 sensors and some dont
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Just been looking in some of the cruiser shops online and they all pretty much agree that all years fit. Some say up to a certain year with an exhaust and others will say for all years for the same exhaust but highlight that a boss will need fitting if you want to keep the sensors, no mention anywhere about different places for the brackets, I am sure that's wrong
Bit surprised some more of the guys with aftermarket pipes have not had more input on this one to help Len out
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi CC I must admit I got a bracket with my V&H pipes for the back silencers to fit.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:55 am

The reason the V&H Cruzers come with a bracket is because the same pipes are used on numerous bikes.
As for the stock exhaust year compatibility, my understanding is that all bikes from the 2005 model to present day are interchangeable.
Yes some bikes will have 1 & some 2 O2 sensors as their were minor changes that happened but the fit should all be the same from 2005 for interchangeable pipes, not only on the C but also between the C and M.
Back to top Go down
oldfart
oldfart

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 4:53 am

Thanks for the input guys, truely much appreciated but unfortunatly due to my procrastination the pipes got sold to someone else ....... my wife quoted patience is a virtue to me but my mother said I didnt get any .... virtues
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:08 am

Bad luck on the pipes. Have you not considered Vance and Hines Cruzer exhaust.

They look great and sound even better, and you get the whole lot with them, down pipes, mufflers and all fitting brackets. Or any other aftermarket exhausts there are loads on the market.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 10:10 am

And at a great price as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models   Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Standard Mufflers Across Intruder Models
Page 1 of 1