Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Exhaust ?

Go down 
+4
doobie
Bluesman
Mr Intruder
simbo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 10:14 pm

I've been thinking of going down the after market exhaust route since i got the bike, But just can't make a decision on which to get, I love the standard pipes , length and everything else, but the sound is so lame, even after removing baffle's and stuff, i love the sound of the pipes on twojobmicks bike but feel for me the pipes are to short (only my opinion) I like the look of the Vance and Hines Pro pipe but what about sound with it being a 2into1 one pipe ? are they as loud ,do they sound the same as twin pipes ? any feedback is welcome thanks.
I've heard them on HD's on youtubebut thats no use coz they all sound like tractors to me,Especially brown ones !
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 10:52 pm

These are the ones I was thinking of originally, Vance and Hines Pro Pipe Chrome
2 in to 1 give a nice deep thump.

Which Exhaust ? 25207_1

Which Exhaust ? 25207_4
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 11:17 pm

Yeah I've been looking at that one and think that's the way I'll go, but just want to hear one preferably cheers
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 8:13 am

Have a listen to these then, Man they sound gorgeous.

Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 11:36 am

The 2 into 1's usually sound a bit deeper. These sound quite like a slip-on sports can. Of course recordings can differ. The only real way to hear pipes is standing next to them - but not always possible. It's amazing how the same pipes can sound different with different camcorders. When the camera is too close the sound usually distorts. When revved, about 20 feet at 45 degrees from the rear of the bike on a non windy day without any solid surfaces nearby should give an undistorted, sound. On tickover, 10 feet should be ok.
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:24 pm

here's mine raask shotguns

Which Exhaust ? Th_raask
Back to top Go down
Spike
Spike

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:26 pm

This is my Hard Krome 2 into 1 sideburner. And I can vouch that it sounds the same in real life.

https://youtu.be/yaney5C8fSc
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Cheers guys they all sound awsome ! The shotguns have a good length and suit the c800, and the sideburner looks the dogs bollocks,I'm gonna go for the pro pipe, just because I think it will suit my bike better, and the mrs says I have to lol I wish i was loaded, Then i could have them all and pick and choose which to use on a weekly basis
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Great choice two in to ones always have a deep thud, lovelly looking pipes for sure and they are a bit more unusual as they have not been around as long as a lot of the other pipes
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 8:59 pm

simbo wrote:
I'm gonna go for the pro pipe
Oh boy am I jealous, they are a top notch looking pipe.
I would have loved those but my budget at the time was being stretched to many ways on to many after-markets parts.
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:23 pm

good choice they look fantastic
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:20 pm

simbo wrote:
i love the sound of the pipes on twojobmicks bike but feel for me the pipes are to short (only my opinion)

I agree mate, I much prefer the look of the stock pipes but the bike sounds like a small air compressor if I fit those so looks are compromised for sound in my case. Like the idea of the 2 - 1 you're looking at but if I had the choice ( and I don't ! ) I'd have a pipe down each side of the bike as opposed to being stacked on one side. Think that looks loads better with it being symmetrical but I'm sure you can't get them as there's nowhere to mount the left hand pipe.

Good luck with the purchase Sim .....
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:55 pm

Yeah I agree with the pipe either side it would look more balanced and cool but I don't think anyone makes them, I know a guy who owns a sheet metal fabrication company that said he would have a go, but might be throwing money away if it didn't work ? So I'll go for the pro pipe and sell one of Jo's kidneys on Ebay lol
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:11 pm

Gotta agree with the Sim, I will never understand why they went from the way they were an the older bikes to both on one side.
PLONKA'S
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 7:43 pm

I also concur Which Exhaust ? 215375
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Interesting. There are a few bikes eg Honda and Triumph that still go for pipes either side. I wonder what the thinking is here?
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:36 pm

i like both sides best just think it looks better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Which Exhaust ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Exhaust ?   Which Exhaust ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Exhaust ?
Page 1 of 1