Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion

Go down 
+7
doobie
Bunso Steel
alfie92
typan
captain crash
Mr Intruder
simbo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Empty
PostSubject: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:03 pm

After reading about another member toying with air filter mods and options, I went on a snoop to find options and found an interesting one for the C or M 800, the only trouble is these kits come with two of everything because the M109 has two filters, but if two members wanted to do this mod, It would half the cost to a more reasonable £75 ish which is not a great deal more than a K&N.
The kits come in black or chrome from UK suppliers on Ebay but cheaper from China and most probably the same thing.
Here's how it looks on the M800
Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 109filter
And on the C800

Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Better109

First off the adapter is slightly smaller than the rubber boot it connects to under the tank, so needs enlarging with some rubber or similar,

Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Bootadapter
This is what they did
Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Fittedadapter
making a better fit in the boot
Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Inserted-1
Then they ground off the lug which is for the 109 and not needed for our bikes, and drilled it ready to take the air temp sensor
Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Grind
Here it is with the sensor fitted
Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Airtemp
Then they bent the bracket to fit the 800, it comes with the kit
Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Bracket109
Finished result as above, Not a bad mod considering the kit comes with two of everything and could possibly half the price, for the kits just search Suzuki M109 air filter kit on Ebay and quite a few come up over here but might be cheaper in the US
Happy modding Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Ah I've just noticed the kit only comes with two brackets but they should be easy enough to make.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:02 pm

That is a brilliant fin Sim, I may very well consider this for my bike. Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 276246
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:27 am

It looks good on either bike for sure (imo) I'd have definitely gone in this direction had I not ordered the Thunder mfg one, and saved myself a few of the hard earned £. ah well, hindsight is a wonderful thing Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 852880
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Now that is very very clever indeed Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 2645662097Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 3322349030
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Thanks for the heads up on this M109 air filter conversion Sim, I have just ordered the black and chrome ones from American Ebay. Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 3498837457
Really looking forward to these arriving as the black and chrome looks beautiful.

Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion ACK-236-CHROME
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:21 pm

They do look very nice indeed Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 3498837457 I'd have done that myself had I not already ordered the Thunder one Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 2516569736
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Oooo now that is very pretty, we will look forward to your own writeup of fittment and pictures Dave Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 184121345 Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 123721

Was it expensive for the two of them & what are you going to do with the spare one?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:36 pm

Yeah I will do a write up when I do get it Crash & it cost £128 delivered, so that was good. Not sure what I will do with the other one to be honest. I may mod the spare one up ready for fitting by someone else but will probably just keep it on the shelf for the time being.
I know this might sound crazy but I am thinking of fitting it on the other side of the bike. I think that could look really cool.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 11:24 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
I know this might sound crazy but I am thinking of fitting it on the other side of the bike. I think that could look really cool.
Thats a totally smoking idea, I love the sound of that Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 881924
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:04 am

That would look absolutely amazing ! there's not much going on with the left hand side of the bike for starters, good idea Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:49 am

Just checked USPS and my M109 cone air filters should be ready for picking up over the next day or so, as they cleared UK customs on Friday afternoon. Hoping to get the one that will be working fitted this weekend and the dummy one fitted over the next week or two but I will have to de-pair the bike first as the pair valve is in the way of the dummy filter.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 6:05 pm

This is going to look amazing when you have filters fitted on both sides even if one is a dummie one. Good shout dave, I will look forward to this as I have never seen anyone do that before.

This will be another first for suzuki800.com
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Yeah Just had a knock at the door and Mr Postie was there to hand me a box with my M109 cone spiked filters in.
I thought it was rather heavy and joked to the Mrs that they must have sent me a couple of bricks just for the crack. I opened it up and was really shocked at the quality of this product. I thought it would be made of plastic like the Intruder stock filters but no, it is all metal. A very good quality chromed billet aluminium. Happy days, I will look forward to putting these on.

PS, As it wasn't expensive there was also no duty to pay and because it came via USPS the UK post office charges were also covered.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 6:48 pm

That sound like a real bargain then, £128 to the door for 2 of them from state side can't be beaten surely if they are that good. Look forward to your install and write up Dave
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 7:41 pm

It sounds great Dave I can't wait to see them Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 210272711 Very fast delivery too ! I'm still waiting for mine Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 3307848339
Back to top Go down
typan
typan

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 7:50 pm

wow dave,they look awesome. cant wait to see them fitted.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 pm

They will look boss on your bike Dave,be nice to see them fitted.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 3:14 am

Cheers guy, I will have one fitted this weekend for a fact and if time permits I will de-pair and fit the other one on the left. Probably be the following weekend for the 2nd one though.
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:24 am

I might well go for this myself once I see how they look on your bike. Are the left and right parts identical?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:10 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Damn things move quickly on here, if i knew you was going to order one so soon dave i would'nt have ordered mine and we could have shared the cost. mine came back on monday going to fit it tomorrow

Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 20130107_184627_zpsbd50ed23

Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 20130107_185023_zps09919e42
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:12 am

I need them both lez as I will be putting a dummy one on the left as well
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:20 pm

no pronlem Mr I, sold it to my mate but here's one i did earlier. sorry no fitting photos went on so easy did'nt have time.

Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Conefilter1

Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Conefilter
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Looks great lez
How did you get around the size difference between the adapter & the boot, what did you use?
How did you bolt it to the bike head, did you bend the brackets it came with or fab your own?
Any issues with fitting the temp sensor?
What did you do with regards to the PAIR valve hose?
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:54 pm

With the adapter and boot i used a bungee you use for tent pegs, perfect fit, its a bit fiddly but a bit of patience it slid into place when fitting it  together.

as for the bracket i fabricated a "v" shaped bracket i had hanging around in the garage, didnt use the ones that came with it, they seemed a bit to much like hard work(being a trucker dave you'll understand).

no issues with the air temp sensor, the metal is quite soft so made for easy drilling as with the holding screw just dill a hole slightly smaller than the screw thread and it cuts itself in.

right with the pair valve hose, on our bikes its bigger than the stem on the adapter so i cut about 4 inches of insulating tape and wrapped that around the stem on the adapter to make it air tight.

you will also have spacer's which came with the filters, i cut one in half to keep the bracket off the engine
Edited by Admin to remove picture links that had been removed, moved or deleted by poster from their Photobucket account
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Looks great Lez Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 102087026 Does it give the bike a throatier induction roar ?
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:51 pm

dont know yet sim have'nt gone out on the road with it yet, have had it running in the garage just to see if it was sucking in any air from the adapter to the boot but all seems fine
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Fantastic lez, that helps out a lot mate. Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 3498837457
Off down the camping shop for me then, I was tinkering with different ideas for the gasket but yours is better than the way I was thinking. I will also fab up a bracket rather than use what they supplied & as with you, I will see what the end of the garden has to offer for that.
Cheers mate, looks ace Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 996187811.

doobie wrote:
as for the bracket i fabricated a "v" shaped bracket i had hanging around in the garage, didnt use the ones that came with it, they seemed a bit to much like hard work(being a trucker dave you'll understand).
I know what you mean Lez, my favourite saying is "I became a Trucker because it's better than working for a living. Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 852880
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:09 pm

Nice to see a member fitting one of these, looks fab lez Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 2170595768
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:04 pm

cheers cc

thats the same saying as me dave......hahaha.....if i can help you out any more let me know.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:17 pm

good job lez looks nice
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:27 am

How you getting on with your one dave, I noticed in you "white light" thread that your stock one had been removed. so I presume your at it this weekend?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 12:33 pm

I am making some brackets at the moment as I want to support the filter from a higher point as I don't want to see the holding bracket. Easier said than done, believe me. I have just launched my iphone accross the workshop in temper, as I keep getting the angle wrong. Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 636111 I also couldn't find anywhere that sold the rubber bands that are used to make the filter fit the stock outlet yesterday & don't have time to order some, so I had to make a gasket, you will be shocked at how I did that but ingenuity always comes into place when I am backed into a corner on time. I will hopefully put a full write up with pics and my how too on site tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 61148

well just took thunder nuts out for a pootle and am pleased to announce that nothing fell off, as for the throarty roar of sucking in air could'nt really hear anything over the noise of my pipes. but i will say this,its like tunes...makes it breathe more easily and its cured my back fire.....(for now)
Back to top Go down
Sabraer
Sabraer

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:53 pm

These look pretty awesome, do you reckon these would fit on a 97 marauder? changing filters and such is not something Ive looked into, until seeing these
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:02 pm

Yes they would fit Mark, with some modification. read what is in this post higher up mate, dave is also fitting some at the moment & he will do a walkthrough as well.
Back to top Go down
Sabraer
Sabraer

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Aaah fantastic thanks for that, will look at ordering when I get paid then. didnt want to order if they wouldnt go, its good to know what you can get away with first. Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 115684958
Wish I had found this site a bit sooner. would have looked at starting doing work on it sooner then! only downside another mod I know can do means another to the list of parts need to buy. the list keeps getting longer!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Get used to having no money, that girl of yours likes to be treated Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion 1993399755
Back to top Go down
Sabraer
Sabraer

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:02 pm

haha too true, I took out a 5k loan to buy bike and do test at start of year, somehow I have none left and skint again!
Back to top Go down
mare1411
mare1411

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:22 am

anyone has a spare cone spike filter to sell? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Simbo did you use a tent peg as shown in the picture above by another rider? I'm having a little trouble getting one to fit at my local shops, if you also used one of those I will order one online or did you use something else?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi Ken, Yes I used a tent peg rubber, I got them off Ebay, They weren't as wide as those in the picture so I used two side by side.
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:48 pm

Just what I needed to know, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Thanks for this excellent instructable with the pictures and tips, most helpful whilst fitting mine today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion   Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suzuki M109 air filter cone conversion
Page 1 of 1