Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

chrome waterproof speakers

Go down 
+4
Bluesman
bigmal
Mr Intruder
typan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
typan
typan

chrome waterproof speakers Empty
PostSubject: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:09 pm

looking at a shark system from usa,anyone had one and what quality,sound etc like to fit on handlebars.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 8:28 pm

I haven't ever heard any on any bike sadly but would like to add a sound system of some description at some stage. I did order some waterproof speakers once but they never arrived, so that plan was dropped before it started.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 8:49 pm

Havnt ever fitted any myself, but a quick Google found these: £49.99

http://www.thompsonsltd.co.uk/Pyle-Motorcycle-Speaker-System/PLMCA10/Speaker-Systems/Bike-Kits chrome waterproof speakers 3498837457

chrome waterproof speakers Pyle-motorcycle-speaker-system
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Crickey that sounds cheap, might be worth a punt at that price.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Looks good to me - rock music mind, no easy listening mush!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Yes Sim or Kate (Jo) Bush
I don't understand the power ratios of speakers and amps, would that be powerful enough? I don't mean to gig at Wembly, just to be heard at a reasonable level when the bike is running?

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Bluesman wrote:
Looks good to me - rock music mind, no easy listening mush!

Not just a teeny weeny little bit of the Carpenters while ambling on down the country roads chrome waterproof speakers 852880
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Yes Sim or Kate (Jo) Bush
I don't understand the power ratios of speakers and amps, would that be powerful enough? I don't mean to gig at Wembly, just to be heard at a reasonable level when the bike is running?

It would only be usable while pottering round I would have thought ? helmet, road noise,exhaust noise and noisy valves would drown it out at any reasonable speed.It could be worth asking proudtexan what his are like ? he seems to have speakers on his trike.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Looks great for only a few quid, found some reviews on it.

Review wrote:
WoW! I did not expect this at all. I ordered this system based on reviews and I'm glad the reviews were right. The system is very simple to install and it works great. I installed this system on my 2001 kawasaki vulcan 1500 myself. At 80 MPH I hear my mp3 music load and clear. The only thing I'm not happy about is the Fm radio reception, it's not that great. If you're looking to buy a system that is waterproof, sounds great( with your MP3) and you dont want to spend a load of money dont look any further. For the price I found it to be Great.

Review wrote:
this is the third radio i've purchased. third not becaused of any fault in the item,but because of myself. these things won't tolerate too much vibration,and the mounts that i've been making to mount these on my motorcycle haven't been able to absorb it, so they have been coming apart inside.i think i've finaly came upon a design that works.
so if you want an excellent stereo for a motorcycle or anything like that, then this is a good one. i just wish the manufacturer could supply mounts for the radio.they supply mounts for the speakers,but not the radio.so be prepared to create something for that.

Review wrote:
I have a 2005 Honda Rancher everything fit in the utility box beside the gas tank,I used velcro to keep it from moving around. The radio really impressed me then I hooked up my mp3 player,this little outfit has a good volume on the speakers, It is real easy to hook up and all the hardware came with it.I am well pleased with it. All my friends are ordering there's now..... Thanks Buddy
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:49 am

typan wrote:
looking at a shark system from usa,anyone had one and what quality,sound etc like to fit on handlebars.
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/black-sound-of-chrome-speakers-for-1-inch-handlebars/part/KY-832
I have these installed on my C50 trike. I have ha dthem for about 3 years and they have done a great job. They have built in Amp so you can run MP3 are satalight radio or Iphone. I run all three at different times. Dave the Proudtexson
Back to top Go down
typan
typan

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:14 am

thanks for the link proudtex,but anything with Kuryakyn next to it is, out of my league.that name alone seems to add many many british pounds to the price.
Back to top Go down
Sabraer
Sabraer

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 12:01 pm

I know that feeling! as much as it is nice stuff, my god is it expensive!
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Yeah you are right about Kuryakyn. Kind of stretched my budget at the time. We have this saying in Texas. For a nickle more you can go first class. Lol. I paid $80 for a flag holder It was made to fold down. Made from plastic and didn't last anytime. Had to reengeneer it to work. But these speakers work very well. I can hear Willie Nelson at 75 MPH.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Willie Nelson is well Intruder ...not so sure about The Carpenters thoughchrome waterproof speakers 852880
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:15 pm

I really like the idea of making everyone else listen to my music as well as my exhaust. chrome waterproof speakers 852880
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chrome waterproof speakers   chrome waterproof speakers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

chrome waterproof speakers
Page 1 of 1