Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!

Go down 
+4
fat intruder
captain crash
smart
Llaw1969
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Llaw1969
Llaw1969

Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Empty
PostSubject: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!   Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Here's a tip for easy chrome cleaning for lazy swine like me. Whist using a "silver plate cloth" or "para plata" to buff up some old jewellry, methinx " I'll try this on the bike ". WOW!!! Bobby dazzlers! It only cost about £2.50 from my local hardware shop & it's everlasting! Cant do any harm to the chrome bcos it's recommended for silver plate by jewellers. Just thought i would share this with you good peoples, see wot you think. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!    Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Sounds good will have to give it a go Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! 256401
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!   Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Hmmm interesting, makes sense Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! 184121345
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!   Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm

great idear might try this on me down pipes and back box
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!   Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Sounds a good idea!
Sorry guys Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! 2516569736 I've no idea what a silver plate cloth is Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! 2516569736 can someone post a link or a picture please.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!   Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:20 pm

i'm same as sim pic would be good but £2.50 i'm up for trying it so do i have to find a hardware shop that sells them or will a jewlers sell um?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!   Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:31 pm

Is it this LINK
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!   Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:34 pm

not sure but looks like the sort of thing
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!   Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:39 pm

Cheers Dave Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! 3498837457 I'll invest in one of those.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!   Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Yeah I think I will too.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!   Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:53 pm

Same... rust removal with pepsi + this to finish off should make a great combo :]
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!   Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Not a single problem for me so far...none of the cleaned parts of the bike had rust reappear.
It's not like you dip it and leave for a week... you wipe off within a minute.

It would be interesting to know though what is the "proper way" in your opinion as for me so far nothing else worked so well.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!   Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:52 pm

Prolonged exposure to pepsi will be a killer, but like I said, I use it, wipe it clean and apply WD40..all within a minute or so...the exposure is minimal so none of my parts will dissolve spontaneously  Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! 184121345

Cheers, I'll experiment with Brasso too. I'll do a comparison panel of some sorts to learn from it. Should be interesting.
I've seen it's a gel of some sorts, that appeals to me.
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!   Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Wadding polish will do the same thing too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!   Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow! Gleaming chrome or wot!
Page 1 of 1