Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts

Go down 
+7
Bunso Steel
oiler
ltdan48
Twojobmick
alfie92
captain crash
MarcinG
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Empty
PostSubject: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi ya all

Sorry if the topic has been coverd all-ready.

Ive only done 200km on my bike and i want new pipes. The stock sound weedy.

Finding it hard to nail a nice set of pipes at a nice price for the 2013 C800C.
Whats your views on "slip ons" any good.

I would love a set of V&H Twin slash or Jardine Rumblers, but i cant find any for my bike.

Any and all your help in this is greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 8:28 pm

Well if you're leaning towards Rumblers, have a look at my YT channel (link in signature) and there are quite a few videos and you can listen to them.

It's a full system but I reckon there's not much difference with slip ons.

The way they come stock, they are so loud it's bonkers.
Twojobmick has them and is coping with them. For me it was beyond pain threshold.
They got a very tinny metallic sound to them. Proper ear bleeders.

Not that it stopped me... I wrapped the baffles and installed lollipops and they sound great now.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: slip ons   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I Love the way they sound on your vid and scotishwarrior. But i surpose its hard to tell the real sound from a vid.

I take in your point about ear bleeders, dont know how i would feel after crusing for a hour or so.

I think a little more digging around on my part will help.

Would i have to get a FI unit if i get new pipes?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:11 pm

azcam wrote:
Would i have to get a FI unit if i get new pipes?

No Arron, Just pipes will be fine, If you change the air filter as well,Then you'll need a FI processor.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: slip ons   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Seen these on ebay, will they fit my bike???

Vance & Hines Cruzers Exhaust Suzuki VZ 800 Marauder '99 00 01 02 03 04

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Vance-Hines-Cruzers-Exhaust-Suzuki-VZ-800-Marauder-99-00-01-02-03-04-/370827355658?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item565708660a

Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Search for "cruzers c800".
They're awesome and much better sounding than Rumblers (deeper)

As for Rumblers, to give you an idea, I rode for 20 miles with no modifications and had my ears ringing days later :)
Videos don't give out the extent of noise...
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:34 pm

Arron wrote:
Seen these on ebay, will they fit my bike???

Vance & Hines Cruzers Exhaust Suzuki VZ 800 Marauder '99 00 01 02 03 04

Arron yes they will fit absolutely fine from all years and both models, no difference in the pipe.

The only difference is on the older model they did not have a CO2 sensors which the newer models do have. A lot of members just fit CO2 sensor eliminators which are cheap. The CO2 sensor is only there to keep emissions very very low in the first few percentages of throttle response, so actually reduces power marginally there.

Mr Intruder will come in on this at some stage tonight I am sure as he has those pipes fitted to his bike and has also removed the CO2 sensors rather than fitting bosses in the pipes that take the CO2 sensors
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:36 am

If you want new pipes look here as we get discount Metric cruisers

Crash is spot on with what he said year 2000 to present pipes will fit from either the C800 or M800. If they say later years only it is because the have the two small bosses fitted to take the CO2 sensors/Lambda sensors. If they say the early years only they will not have the CO2 sensor/Lambda sensor bosses fitted. The bosses are cheap to have fitted if you wanted them in but most members seem to just fit a couple of CO2 sensor eliminators and do away with them. Personally I have the Cruzers and really like them, I just cut a wire #23 at the ECU which does exactly the same thing as fitting sensor eliminators.
As Marcin says the Vance and Hines Cruzers have a deeper thud than the Rumblers which we noticed at a recent meet. If you require anymore info just shout and one of us will help out.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:23 pm

K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 2215087486 I'm with Dave on the Cruisers,I have them fitted and find them excellant.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:37 pm

Thanks everyone for their input. Just need to find some in Germany now.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 5:32 pm

No problem always glad to help. K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Aaron, Marcin's right, I do have Jardines on my bike, no baffles. :yeahman: 
He says I'm coping with them but actually I'm absolutely fine with them to be honest. I bought a new helmet a couple of months ago which has plenty of soundproofing around the ears and has cut down the noise when running a fair bit compared with my old helmet. I did at one point a couple of years ago swap back to the stock pipes but a few weeks later, swapped back.
The Rumblers give a lovely bark on full / blipped throttle and whilst very loud I love them .... who wants a quiet cruiser anyway ??  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
V & H Cruzers sound good too though, I guess it depends on individual choice as to which you prefer but I wouldn't swap my system for anything else
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:49 pm

Admit it Mick, you're just half deaf already haha :P
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:20 pm

You're right Marcin, what with old age, drumming and riding loud motorbikes my hearing is shot away !

You'll have to start writing in SHOUTY BOLD CAPITALS SO I CAN HEAR YOU !!!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 4:11 am

OK BUD, ANYTHING FOR YOU!! lol! 
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Slip ons   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 12:25 pm

Lots of good point on here, thanks chaps for you input,
However i like the way the stock pipes look, with the long length.
Have seen these Silver tails  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn5eSVw27Os, has anyone seen these before, or is it mainly a German brand.
These come in at 543 euros, but as i get tax of it comes down to 439 euro, £380 quid brand new.
As always thanks to you all.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 7:20 pm

Never seen them before to be honest, nice pipes though and at the price you can get them for. K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 102087026
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:34 pm

Gotta love looong pipes K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 102087026 K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 428386
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:52 pm

K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 428386 I like those K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 2747638305
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Now they are nice pipes and that is a nice price, go get em
Back to top Go down
ltdan48
ltdan48

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Not to thread hijack but I got the impression from reading this that I can fit the pipes from a C800 or M800 all the way up to 2013 on my 2001 VZ800? I just might have to deal with o2 fittings? If that's true then that opens up my search for pipes a whole bunch!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Itdan48 wrote:
 can fit the pipes from a C800 or M800 all the way up to 2013 on my 2001 VZ800?

Is your's the model like American Jambo's? With one header pipe coming from the left of the bike, or like an M50 both header pipes on the right.
Back to top Go down
ltdan48
ltdan48

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Mine is like Jambo's. Lemme guess, you're going to crush my hopes and dreams now aren't you?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Sorry Dan They won't fit then :shithhappens:
Back to top Go down
ltdan48
ltdan48

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Got me all excited for nothing. Story of my sex life...
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Itdan48 wrote:
Got me all excited for nothing. Story of my sex life..

You might wanna try removing that gun from your trousers! That's not the "Big Weapon" The Lady's like K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 3213823784
Back to top Go down
ltdan48
ltdan48

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:54 pm

I just wanted to feel the power between my legs!
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:56 pm

Crazy idea here! Has any one thought about just taking the silencers off of the stock pipes?
Would this make them look like Short Shots? Would it increase the sound of the pipes?
Or would it run like a three legged horse? Or would everyone just point and laugh?
Said it was a crazy idea.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:01 pm

I read something about doing this somewhere Arron? It sounds pretty crap by all accounts, there is a youtube video of it, but I can't remember the name of it sorry?.
Back to top Go down
oiler
Saint Oiler the 1st
oiler

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:23 pm

See Mr Bluesman on Youtube, under Suzuki c800 exhaust mods. He suggests drilling holes in the end plate of the exhaust, and the knocking hell out of the baffles (how to do, and hole size, on video) He has a total of eight holes per pipe. Certainly a lot cheaper than new pipes (as an OAP, I appreciate this). I have decided to do it bit by bit. So far only two holes per pipe. Already an improvement, but will add a few more. I'm assured by those on this site who understand these things, that no engine damage will result. PS I tried Highway Hawk 'shorties', but found them too loud for me.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Im going for a set of K02 Silvertails, i think, but was just wondering if my idea had any merit?
Thanks for all your comments.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:15 pm

azcam wrote:
but was just wondering if my idea had any merit?
K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 3498837457 That's where all mods start and sometimes come good! K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 65147 I'm currently looking into removing the silencer of my pro pipe over the winter and fitting a curved truck stack Very Happy who knows until we try?
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:24 am

Im suprised Mr Intruder has'nt jumped on this thread, with the silencer
idea. Unless of course he has and couldnt type due to laughin so much. K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 938687981
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:18 pm

Arron a bike came up on the forum a few weeks ago with a similar proposal that had already been done and was about as cool as could be. If Sim does this it will be excellent and I look forward to seeing it for sure. However as much as I love the way it looks I am not 100 sure about how it will sound and think that getting that part of the mod right could potentially cause a bigger issue than the initial fitment.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:31 pm

Thanks Mr I, was reading with interest about your proposed stock MOD.
How did that go, sounds really good.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 1:05 am

I have suggested a couple so not sure which you mean, ask the same question in the thread your are referring too and I will answer. K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 3498837457
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:39 pm

fitting new pipes today K02 Silvertails...Q. can i used the stock gasket, or will i need new.
not sure if the new pipes come with them. I hope so.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:46 pm

The gaskets are crush gaskets,this normaly means renew,for the price I would renew.If you fit them with the old gaskets and you have no problems you have got away with them,your bike is fairly new so it it is worth trying,order anyway around £2/£3 for the pair then you will have spares if you do not need them.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:39 pm

I re-used gaskets 3 times and they still hold.
Quite an easy one...try, tighten the nuts, fire up. If there's smoke from around the gasket then either tighten more (within reason!) or you need new ones :)

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:43 pm

Normally you would replace the gaskets and they are only cheap
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:38 pm

captain crash wrote:
Normally you would replace the gaskets and they are only cheap
K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 428386 K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 2215087486 Although I've had no problems using the existing one's, And I've changed exhaust twice without any leaks Very Happy I've got four spare in the garage for just in case though K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 852880
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 6:15 pm

Yeah gaskets should ideally be changed and its a no brainier when you consider how cheap they are, you will often get away with reusing them on bikes that are only a few years old more than older bikes are cars . each to their own though, no drastic issues either way if they do decide to blow or leak at at all, although you may miss minor leaks but without much of an issue
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Does anybody know where to get the gaskets as I've had a look on eBay but couldn't see exactly what I was looking for. Probably just me being dumb not knowing what they look like but if any body has a link that would be great as I'd like to keep some spare
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:13 pm

I got mine from here Joe K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 3498837457 pretty quick delivery and reasonable on price.
http://www.wemoto.com/parts/gasket_exhaust/page1_100/
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 7:29 pm

K02 Silvertails custompipes, fitted...Bugger of a job. Took me a bit longer than half hour as seen on the youtube vid..lol. Wasnt very chuffed when i went to remove the front O2 sensor and found it had been cross threaded...Was three good threads left which we manged to re cut. Also had to re cut the stock pipe. Got away with it though. Will try and put a vid on so you can hear them....OMG de baffled them reved it up and shat myself, so did the neighbours...very very very loud...I love them..the wife dosnt..he he...Starting to look like the bike i want now.K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts PICT0034_zps2504c2c8
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 8:29 pm

Love them pipes! Can't wait for the video, to hear the sound K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 2170595768
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 10:15 am

Quote :
reved it up and shat myself, so did the neighbours...
...which reminds me that my neighbours had it really good with me not riding recently...
I'm going to the garage to "see if it still works" K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 2740622253 Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 6:39 pm

Is it correct that if i run my bike with the baffles out all the time, i could bugger it up?
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:15 pm

That is not correct, Your bike will be able to manage the minor differences that are happening in the pipes without any issues through the internal injection management system
Rules are as this,
Pipes adjusted or changed (no problem) on there own
Filter adjusted or changed (no problem)on there own
If the air filter and pipes are adjusted or changed together then Fi Processor is required but with just one or the other it is absolutely fine K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts 184121345
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Exhaust should make no difference for it has done its job finished with the fuel gasses,but the air that needs to be more presise as it is what is needed with the fuel ie: rich or lean before it fires,this is the way I look at it,I may be wrong and will stand corrected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts   K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

K02 Silvertails slip on exhausts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next