Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New helmet?

Go down 
+5
fat intruder
Bluesman
captain crash
Jimmyboy
MarcinG
9 posters
AuthorMessage
smart
Valued Member
smart

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:16 pm

How old is your helmet & at what age would you replace it, Mines about 6 years old thinking its time to replace!!!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:38 pm

New helmet? 996187811  Hi Martin, say Hi to Linda from us, We've just had new flip one's this year, open face one's are 18 months ish, I've got an AGV that's about 3 years old but hardly worn, My son's having that so I've been told, They go sort of loose after a couple of years so I'd be thinking about a new one after 2/3 years ish.
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:57 pm

Linda says hi but sleepily, say hi to Jo from us, think i'm going to start looking for a new flip helmet maybe speak to Santa eh. ssc
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 6:59 am

Still time to nip down to NEC and grab a bargain.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:08 am

I am thinking of one of those low profile open face helmets next year, if you have not seen them they are a normal open face design but with a new style of padding/foam inside which lets it sit closer to you head to try and get away from the space man look.

Jim.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:14 am

I have somewhere in the region of 12 or more helmets but to be fair I have an open face helmet that needs replacing after my recent accident. I also have numerous full face helmetsssssssss & helmets for Super moto's and scramblers. I usually have a favourite for a while and then change over to another favourite. I will also have favourites depending on the weather & will buy the next ones on a whim. I always look after them & keep them hanging in the gags as a rule or kept in there bags on a shelf. I will never get rid of a helmet because of age, just because it has become in far to a used condition.
I will never pay more the £200 for a helmet as a general rule because if I drop one I will usually throw it away. Also helmets that were previously at ridiculous prices will very often drop to an extraordinary low price just because a new design in some way has relegated it.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 3:57 pm

I would probably agree with the last post and not go off of age but more on condition
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Buy a helmet as tight as you can stand it, particularly if it's an expensive one as they don't stay that way. Having said that, it should fit evenly and not pinch anywhere or be difficult to take off, just a very snug fit. When I bought my Shoei last year the salesman said we recommend replacing after 3 years. I don't really see how they can generalise as surely it depends on how much use it gets? At £300 a pop I don't think I'll be changing mine in a hurry! I would say if a helmet still fits well and has not been dropped, the age is not very important. By contrast, I bought my open face for £30 recently (Can) and won't worry if I replace that a lot sooner! When my Shoei finally wears out I might go for Arai as the ones I have tried are sooooo comfy. Shark get very good write-ups and are not stupidly priced. Sales are often the way to go - good helmets at lower prices. But sometimes a good helmet lasts too long - often we just fancy a change!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 7:23 pm

I have just kept finding 5 years coming up on my searches but can find any definitive answer as to why, or saying that, non definitive answer either. 
I will not use a helmet if it has been dropped or damaged or warn in any way. I will also bin them if it has stopped fitting in a comfortable way because an ill fitting helmet is a danger in it's self, even if it is brand new.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 9:58 am

I get one every year normally at the BMF show in April I normally drop me helmet at some point or another over the year it tends to feel a loser fit so on so on  so I just get a new one most I've paid for one is £90 and there always worth a lot more than that when I take em home and compare price on my computer (how much there still being sold for for same helmet)
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:21 pm

That's same as what i found Crash and the reason for asking, Been out and looked today i like the look of the Shark evoline 3 @ around  £290 the search will continue for awhile got to look at a few more options !! New helmet? 256401
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:38 pm

I had a Shark evoline 2 until I melted it in my workshop & I loved it. I loved the fact that I could switch back & forth between an extremely good looking open face & it's full face ability in no more than a couple of seconds while on the move.
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 6:07 pm

New helmet? 2215087486  Dave that's whats appealing to me looks  like the best of both worlds
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 6:16 pm

I have several good full face helmets and open face helmets which is OK but nothing matches up to the usability of the Evoline & I will be getting another one well the Evoline 3 rather than the 2 that I did have. They are not the very best at noise reduction but outshine all other helmets I have ever used or I have seen on usability.
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 6:50 pm

I was wondering about noise too hope they are quieter than my Caberg flip!! New helmet? 3005623951
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
I had a Shark evoline 2 until I melted it in my workshop.......
What a hot head New helmet? 852880
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:29 pm

I've been having a sniff round on Fleabay at the Evoline 2, you can pick them up for £150 if you've got a head the size of a Peanut. What are the Shark sizes like?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:59 pm

So fekin true Mal. lol!

Sim they are sized how one might expect them to be, not bigger or smaller than usual as some companies lids are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New helmet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New helmet?   New helmet? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New helmet?
Page 1 of 1