Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Naked jugs mod.

Go down 
+13
inferis
stingray
22Reed
fat intruder
Doc Cox
peardrop3
alfie92
Mr Intruder
Ken1964
MarcinG
simbo
captain crash
DocSjulle
17 posters
AuthorMessage
DocSjulle
Hero Globs
DocSjulle

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 4:06 pm

I had some time last night and this morning, while adjusting the grill for pulled pork, and thought why not use the waiting time to complete the "naked jugs" air intake mod.

The filter is made from Uni Filter BF-1 filter foam, cut a strip of 34cm X 7,5cm and glued with rubber cement, the top is made by tracing around the throttle body with a pen and paper, then cut to the exact shape.

The filter is oiled with some leftover K&N filter oil I had on the shelf.

There are two vacuum sensor mounted on the original air duct and they are zip tied to the frame.

The temperature sensor from the original airbox is mounted just in front of the filter, to pickup the exact temp.

Naked jugs mod.  IMAGE_76

Naked jugs mod.  IMAGE_77

Naked jugs mod.  IMAGE_79

Naked jugs mod.  IMAGE_78

Naked jugs mod.  IMAGE_80

Naked jugs mod.  IMAGE_81

Naked jugs mod.  IMAGE_82
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 5:02 pm

Wow Kim your on a mission lately, your making some ace changes to your bike and its becoming cooler than the north pole. Fabulous write up and well explained, that will be copied by many people over time. I know its been a known mod for years but your thread is simple and easy to follow  Naked jugs mod.  184121345 
  Naked jugs mod.  276246
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 6:22 pm

Nice job Kim! I like the idea of a uni filter and naked jugs  Naked jugs mod.  2170595768 One to copy for sure  Naked jugs mod.  3498837457
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Sorry, I stopped reading after "naked jugs"  Naked jugs mod.  215375
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 7:12 pm

Very interesting indeed, never thought of such a thing was possible.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 7:50 pm

Well done Kim, very informative thread & well explained. An inspirational mod that is a very good looking after the fact, shows the head's off nicely with the fugly stock air filter removed. Naked jugs mod.  65147  Naked jugs mod.  3322349030
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 8:23 pm

a) why it changed colour? (did oil do that?)
b) so is it left exposed like that and then squashed with fuel tank?
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Good job well done and explained.
Back to top Go down
DocSjulle
Hero Globs
DocSjulle

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 8:21 am

MarcinG wrote:
a) why it changed colour? (did oil do that?)
b) so is it left exposed like that and then squashed with fuel tank?

a) yep
b) there is plenty of room under the tank, it is squashed a bit but not much. People usually make the filter 10cm high instead of 7,5cm, but I think that is for the C800.
Back to top Go down
DocSjulle
Hero Globs
DocSjulle

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 9:39 am

Naked jugs mod.  IMAGE_83I forgot to add a picture of the bike after the mod, so here it is.

It is great to not have that big box pressing against the leg, and I think it looks nice too.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:16 pm

That looks so much cleaner
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 3:47 pm

Looking good Kim.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 5:00 pm

Looks good!    Naked jugs mod.  2170595768
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 7:35 pm

My goodness that does look good without the filter sticking out in the breeze!  Naked jugs mod.  2170595768  Naked jugs mod.  3492671266  Naked jugs mod.  3498837457
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 8:40 pm

Excellent job Kim, really tidys up the engine, looks much cleaner, have you thought of a couple of ducting pipes to put some extra cool air onto the filter to avoid heat soak, and should be possible to do it without them showing, great instructable  Naked jugs mod.  276246  regards Doc Cox
Back to top Go down
DocSjulle
Hero Globs
DocSjulle

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Doc Cox wrote:
...have you thought of a couple of ducting pipes to put some extra cool air onto the filter to avoid heat soak, and should be possible to do it without them showing...

Naked jugs mod.  2215087486  That is a great idea, I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 9:36 pm

Good idea Doc  Naked jugs mod.  184121345
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:08 am

Looking good kim, real good. I do agree with Doc, a cool air induction pipe or pipes would be an extra blessing with that mod.  Naked jugs mod.  3498837457
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 11:27 am

looks good and as usual great ideas from site members  Naked jugs mod.  881924
Back to top Go down
22Reed
22Reed

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 4:58 pm

looks awesome.... do this mod need powercommander3`? read that somewhere!!!??
Back to top Go down
DocSjulle
Hero Globs
DocSjulle

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 5:23 pm

As I understand it, you can change either the intake or the exhaust without needing a new fuel processor.
But if you change both the intake and put on a new exhaust, or drill your exhaust, you need a fuel processor, as the stock one can't compensate for the added flow.

Last edited by DocSjulle on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 5:40 pm

DocSjulle wrote:
As I understand it

Correct  Naked jugs mod.  184121345
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 6:35 pm

Good job Kim Naked jugs mod.  3498837457
Back to top Go down
inferis
Prospect
inferis

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Friends, I'm new here, and I was left with a doubt in this process ... where did this air tube go? I did not understand where he was arrested, and was put another filter on the end of it.

Naked jugs mod.  Airfil10

And this is the simplest and most beautiful modification I've ever seen to Boulevard. Congratulations!!!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 4:23 pm

inferis wrote:
Friends, I'm new here, and I was left with a doubt in this process ... where did this air tube go? I did not understand where he was arrested, and was put another filter on the end of it.

Naked jugs mod.  Airfil10

It's an engine breather and it goes into the back of the standard airbox, put a little filter on it and tuck it out of the way, you might get a little oil dripping from it from time to time if you do short trips.
Back to top Go down
inferis
Prospect
inferis

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 6:17 pm

thanks!

understand. So I just need to put filter in three places? In these of the photo below:
Naked jugs mod.  3filte10

Will I have something like that?
Naked jugs mod.  3filte11
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 8:06 pm

I think 2 & 3 are the same hose routed to different places, 2 having a catch can for any oily residue that comes from the hose and 3 with a washable filter. I only seem to remember 1 engine crankcase breather going to the back of the air box? double check to be on the safe side  Naked jugs mod.  3498837457
Back to top Go down
inferis
Prospect
inferis

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 4:23 pm

When I remove the tank and the filter, I'll be sure. thank you. thank you Naked jugs mod.  184121345
Back to top Go down
inferis
Prospect
inferis

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 1:50 pm

Guys ... anyone had or could have any problem using this foam filter? Can this cause a motor problem? Just to know  Naked jugs mod.  56357
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 8:38 pm

The only comment I can make is to look after the filter, if it starts to disintegrate it will get sucked into the carbs and make one hell of a mess.

Last edited by v-twin on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 8:42 pm

I can't see any problems? Only thing I could think of is if you used a foam that was too flimsy or not suitable for the job and it got sucked into the throttle body.

ps. as Andrew just stated above  Naked jugs mod.  852880
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 12:20 pm

The only problem I can see, is that you loose approximately 10% bling.   Naked jugs mod.  852880
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Badger wrote:
The only problem I can see, is that you loose approximately 10% bling.   Naked jugs mod.  852880

Not a problem for us that prefer black !!!!
Back to top Go down
rossmofo
rossmofo

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 9:47 pm

My bikes been like this for about 10k miles with no problems but as a precaution at the time I made up a wire cage that sits over the throttle bodies to prevent the foam filter being sucked into throttles. I made it from one continuous wire shaped and woven with pliers and patience. Also I would never run this mod without an uprated fuel processor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Naked jugs mod.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked jugs mod.    Naked jugs mod.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naked jugs mod.
Page 1 of 1