Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windscreen add on deflector

Go down 
+5
OldManYam
yorky
Mr Intruder
simbo
oldtom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
oldtom
oldtom

Windscreen add on deflector  Empty
PostSubject: Windscreen add on deflector    Windscreen add on deflector  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 7:13 pm

My new windscreen is just a tad shorter than I need. I am getting buffeting on the top of my helmet that is jarring and noisy.

Has anyone out there fixed this problem? and

Is there an add on deflector on the market that can be fixed to the top of the screen?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen add on deflector    Windscreen add on deflector  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 7:30 pm

Hi Tom, Do you have "Lowers" fitted on the fork shrouds to deflect the wind coming up underneath the screen, If not? you might want to try doing that first, If you already have those? MRA do a self fit flip/deflector that goes on the top of the screen and is adjustable to deflect the wind.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen add on deflector    Windscreen add on deflector  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Windscreen add on deflector  2215087486 Fit lowers, sounds strange but it actually works.
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen add on deflector    Windscreen add on deflector  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Tom , my screen is shortish and I had same problem, even with lowers.
I slackened the bolts that control the amount of tilt so that I could move the screen while on the move.
I tried all angles, the result was for the quietest and least buffeting position the screen is tilted well back and looks a bit odd ( the air hits top of chest and helmet but no buffeting).
It seems to me it would need a screen 2 to 3 inches taller to get the air over your head and not rattle the brain.
Back to top Go down
oldtom
oldtom

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen add on deflector    Windscreen add on deflector  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 8:48 pm

Fit lowers ! Counter intuitive but air pressure can do weird stuff so maybe I'll give it a try.
Thanks 

I was thinking of the MRA type product but I could not recall the correct name or who made it.
Has anyone got experience of this kit?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen add on deflector    Windscreen add on deflector  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:02 pm

I have the MRA vario screen on my Bandit and it works very well, Although it's the full screen with a 2" extension plus the adjustable flip, MRA do an adjustable flip that can be attached by either, clamps or drilling the screen.
Windscreen add on deflector  IMAG1274_zpsa6538865
Attached to existing screen on Peters bike.
Windscreen add on deflector  Pp8_zps7fd09f2b
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen add on deflector    Windscreen add on deflector  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi Tom,

I have an MRA screen, with a separate deflector blade, fitted to my 'VX' and it works well. I guess the deflector blade is actually the same as the unit that Sim has on his 1250 Bandit screen.

Windscreen add on deflector  MRAScreenonVX800_zps408ca0b8

This is an MRA handlebar mounted screen, with the deflector blade fitted as an integral unit.
I have always been sceptical about handlebar mounted screens, but this MRA unit has proved to be excellent in use. It does take a few goes to initially tighten all the mounting brackets as some of the nylon plastic type fittings appear to give a little as they settle in - but once 'settled' it remains in place at any speed the VX can throw at it !

Hope that may help.

Windscreen add on deflector  3005623951  Yam
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen add on deflector    Windscreen add on deflector  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 12:32 am

I also have a MRA screen fitted to my fazer does a great job
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen add on deflector    Windscreen add on deflector  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 8:36 am

Lowers are the cure.
Back to top Go down
G.Terence
Valued Member
G.Terence

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen add on deflector    Windscreen add on deflector  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 10:13 am

Hi all,
Can some one explain what, Lowers are what they do and where are they fitted ?

G Terence
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen add on deflector    Windscreen add on deflector  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 12:10 pm

Have a look at home made lowers in this section, Screens, Lowers & Wind deflectors.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen add on deflector    Windscreen add on deflector  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 12:33 pm

As to my top screen deflector, yes it's ok but I really need a longer blade as the original is only chest height when I'm sat normally & the deflector only comes up to just below my chin so I still get buffeting & Rosie get's the full blast.
I got my deflector off E-bay for about £45-00 in  late April.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windscreen add on deflector    Windscreen add on deflector  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windscreen add on deflector
Page 1 of 1