Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) Empty
PostSubject: A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :)   A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 2:22 pm

So i rode my new (to me) C800 80 miles home with the stock pipes on. It came with V&H Cruzers, and as its winter i thought i may as well do some mods/jobs i wanted (12v socket, polish and clean, tank pad etc). 
So the other day i decided to switch the pipes around too.
Took the stock pipes off to put the new ones on. Noticed the stock pipes felt loose as soon as i took the bolts out the exhaust flanges.
Removed them from the support bracket to find this:
A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) Tdcm2Hc

A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) GIvLawK

As i pulled them off the bracket, a bolt dropped off and the bracket came with it. No other bolts were there. Which means the entire weight of the exhaust pipes were resting on ONE bolt on the bracket and 4 flange bolts. Whether the bracket has been removed by the PO once and he didnt torque them back to spec, or they just rattled loose from factory, i will never know. 

Anyway ordered new bolts from suzuki at the reasonable sum of £12 delivered. Painted some hammerite and cleaned the area, locktited the new ones in with blue locktite, and put on my V&H pipes. 

A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) PfDr4a8

I'm just glad that remaining bolt held out. If it came off during my 70mph 90% motorway ride home, god knows what the outcome would be.
I'll be sure to keep an eye on them, and all other bolts periodically.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :)   A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 5:22 pm

I have the same pipes Eazy & love them, certainly one of the best after-market pipes out there. A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) 3498837457
I run the V&H Cruzers stock most of the time, but when the mood takes will occasional add some extra quite baffles to give others ears a short rest. I do really like the sound of them but when I use to use the bike for early morning summer jaunts from the house I occasional think of the people asleep, not very often though.  A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) 852880
Good shout to anyone & everyone that all bolts should be checked, or the shit may hit the fan. shtf
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :)   A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:32 pm

Good advice and nice new pipes.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :)   A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:17 pm

Good shout on the bolts,the Cruisers are great had them on mine much better and lighter.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :)   A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:30 pm

EazyDuz wrote:
I'm just glad that remaining bolt held out. If it came off during my 70mph 90% motorway ride home, god knows what the outcome would be.
I'll be sure to keep an eye on them, and all other bolts periodically.

Good shout Eazy, bloody lucky they didn't drop off  A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) 249703 the Loctite blue will do a good job of keeping them secure for the future  A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) 3498837457
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :)   A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 4:15 pm

alfie92 wrote:
Good shout on the bolts,the Cruisers are great had them on mine much better and lighter.
Indeed, must weigh less than half the weight of those big old stock pipes.

Mr Intruder wrote:
I have the same pipes Eazy & love them, certainly one of the best after-market pipes out there. A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) 3498837457
I run the V&H Cruzers stock most of the time, but when the mood takes will occasional add some extra quite baffles to give others ears a short rest. I do really like the sound of them but when I use to use the bike for early morning summer jaunts from the house I occasional think of the people asleep, not very often though.  A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) 852880
Good shout to anyone & everyone that all bolts should be checked, or the shit may hit the fan. shtf
Where did you buy quiet baffles from? I bet i'll be tempted to remove the stock baffles but would probably throw the mixture out of whack wouldnt it? Not sure how well the FI systems on these bikes can cope
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :)   A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A note on checking stock fasteners, pus new V&H Cruzers fitted :)
Page 1 of 1