Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lithium battery

Go down 
+3
simbo
captain crash
Doc Cox
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 9:53 am

Have found a site that sells Lithium motorcycle batteries and chargers, have had a look at the battery and it looks very well manufactured, the site is ( eclipsebikes.com ) ,(will have to learn how to do links Lithium battery   1090754380) regards to all Doc Cox  Lithium battery   3005623951
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 5:45 pm

Just sorted it for you Doc  Lithium battery   184121345
Frigg me some of the batteries on there may be expensive but they aint if you keep them and dont flog them with whatever they are on. They could actually work out cheaper and they are friggin powerful as well. You would never have trouble starting your bike with one of them on it
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 6:10 pm

Thanks Crash, had Dave explain to me how to put a link in, ( Should have had a Crash course  Lithium battery   433968 ) will put it into action later, yes the batteries may seem expensive at first but with the lifespan they have you are right, in the long run they work out much more cost effective.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 7:47 pm

Is it me or are they all 36 and 48 volt batteries? I can't find any 12v for motorbikes?  Lithium battery   2516569736
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 11:24 am

Theres a 12v motorcycle starter battery there for 500 - 1300cc bikes in the 'Best Sellers' column.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:05 pm

Skidalot wrote:
Theres a 12v motorcycle starter battery there for 500 - 1300cc bikes in the 'Best Sellers' column.

There certainly is  Lithium battery   3498837457  It'll be staying there too at that price!  affraid

http://eclipsebikes.com/motorcycle-starter-battery-a123-anr26650-p-1035.html
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 9:27 am

I am currently with Simbo. I can't see why upgrading to that particular battery would be anymore than, having a more powerful battery, simply for the sake of having a more powerful battery. I have just looked through this battery area, and can only see one other battery change over done by a member. Yes I can see why a battery change could is a good thing, simply because if the standard battery is not 100 percent, it won't start the bike. Mr Intruders battery upgrade mod would be the one I would do Link, if I were to change my battery again. That has the extra power that I think is needed and is cheap, also would give the bit extra that I believe we really need with these bikes.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 7:00 pm

I think those batteries are a great buy. I would say keep the battery if you sell the bike, for use on the next bike but a great buy that will not let you down. With one hell of a unit life, that would outstrip many cheaper batteries for cost effectiveness. I could spend that much on a night out on the piss, these give security of mind.
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 7:38 pm

I think with these batteries it,s "Horses for Course,s"  Mr intruder (Dave) and I have been looking at quite a bit of varied battery technology and it is a very simple job to use recycled lithium laptop batteries, these are balance charged in the pack but normally in pairs, this means if one of the paired batteries doesn,t receive enough charge the charger will sense the lower voltage and stop the charge going to that pair of batteries to avoid low voltage in either of the cells that could damage them, this can be rectified by charging each battery seperately, the manufacturers don,t do this to keep costs down and is also built in obsolescence to make you buy new packs, a good example is that out of "72" batteries taken from laptop packs I have only found one absolutely dead cell that refuses to charge, in the next photo you will see how many cells could be fitted in the space of my Virago battery, this could be a bit of overkill as they are rated at One amp hour per cell
Lithium battery   SDC10045_zps9ad51a23

I/we(Dave) will be using one of these charge control circuits per battery cell to make sure each one gets it,s full charge, these have red and blue led,s on them to signify charging and full charge, when fully charged the circuit stops the charge to avoid damage unlike Nicad batteries that remain on a trickle charge all the time

Lithium battery   SDC10047_zpse03a7d9d

These are very compact and will be simple to put into a separate area and then attatched via a recycled computer monitor lead and connectors, the next photo shows  how small they are, and as they only cost 10 shillings each a very reasonable price,

Lithium battery   SDC10049_zps36aa18a2

The next project will be to make a voltage dropper from 12 to 5 volts as this what each charging circuit takes,if anyone has any old lithium packs that are "Dead" if you could post them to me I will happily re-imburse any costs incurred, regards to you all Doc Cox Lithium battery   3005623951
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:21 pm

Ok! This is great as experimentation, but... for common people?
Lithium Batteries YTX-12BS are 90€ in the market yet... and going lower!!
Anyway, it is very cool to see what you do with recycled components
Lithium battery   256401
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:46 pm

This is looking interesting but like Israel says, the common man would struggle with what your doing. Well I would anyway. Would be ace to see how you get on with it, please keep this thread going and show us where you get with it and how you do it  Lithium battery   184121345
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 7:40 pm

Thanks guys, Don,t worry Crash, will see this through to the finish, but I am going to do this as an instructable and put enough information on so anyone can do it, so, start collecting your old lithium packs in readiness... Lithium battery   643587
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 9:31 pm

It should be amazing to see the end result. For the same size of battery pack, a hugely more efficient/powerful battery with a life that makes the lead acid battery look very prehistoric.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 7:53 pm

Doc how much will it cost to make a powerful battery like you are? Are you making it out of all old batteries like it looks you are doing and will they be as reliable as buying new ones?
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 8:58 pm

The cost shouldn,t be too much Crash, conservatively I would say a maximum of £40 but will be keeping tabs of all costs, as for reliability there are many people on you tube who have built lithium batteries from old cells and it seems as long as you weed out the totally duff cells initially there should be no problem with reliability, I have bought cells back up to nearly full full voltage from as low as 00.30 volts, but time will tell, so will keep you fully informed as this is a new direction for me  bliss
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 7:24 am

The Lithium Batteries that you from a manufacturer don't have any security system?
Are just cells inside?
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi Israel, thats right each seperate cell has no internal protection this is up to me to put in place by balance charging.
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:34 pm

Have just been looking on the internet and found this firm for electronic parts, seem to have an impressive stockpile, [url=stores.ebay.com/Chip-Partner-Store]stores.ebay.com/Chip-Partner-Store[/url] , hope this works, my first link, (Thanks Dave  Lithium battery   3005623951 )
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:46 pm

Just post the link Doc and I'll edit it in  Lithium battery   3498837457
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:51 pm

Thanks Simbo, thought I had cracked it there.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:54 pm

I can't get it to work either lol here's the link though.

http://stores.ebay.com/Chip-Partner-Store
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:57 pm

http://stores.ebay.com/Chip-Partner-Store think this has worked
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 8:16 pm

Here is another handy site http://www.banggood.com/B3603-Precision-CNC-DC-DC-Digital-Buck-Module-Constant-Voltage-Current-p-946751.html?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=youtube_direct&utm_campaign=JulianIlett&utm_content=sami
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lithium battery   Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lithium battery    Lithium battery   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lithium battery
Page 1 of 1