Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hearing Protection

Go down 
+5
fat intruder
Bluesman
simbo
johnboss
v-twin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 7:52 pm

I bought some Auritech Hearing Protectors for £19.95 from the NEC yesterday, I managed to get out on my bike today and did about 15miles in total (3miles to work and the long way home). I can honestly say its the best £20 I have ever spent, they are bloody fantastic, they cut out the wind noise as they said they would but I could still hear the engine and everything else, brilliant bit of kit. Way better than the foam ones you squash and ram in you ears, I will never go back to them, not a chance. Hearing Protection 276246Hearing Protection 102087026Hearing Protection 3498837457Hearing Protection 3498837457
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Good to hear that (sorry about the pun).  I bought a pair with a little scepticism. Always a little suspicious of these sort of things.  Not had chance to test mine out yet, hopefully as good as you say Andrew.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 9:18 pm

Would I still be able to hear my intercom with those?
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Yes. I'm sure you would. It takes a lot to impress me, but these have.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 12:02 am

£20! My Blu-tac blobs cost me £1. Probably don't look as good as the genuine article but do the job. Don't wear mine any more - I pull my neck tube up over my ears and this gives extra insulation. I do like to hear the full growl of the exhaust. Don't do big journeys but would probably use ear plugs to deaden the wind noise if I did. Must admit I wore them on my sports bikes to cut out the whine of the engine. With the full bore v-twin pipes, just can't hear any up front sound! Glad you guys are pleased with yours - that's what counts!
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:11 am

just had a look at the link you put up Andrew they look pretty good I've never used ear plugs before but if I was going to I think I'd chose these good find Hearing Protection 3498837457
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 8:42 pm

v-twin wrote:
I bought some Auritech Hearing Protectors for £19.95 from the NEC yesterday,
Yep - tried mine today and they cut wind noise down almost completely but could still hear everything else. Magic bit of kit and saved me a couple of hundred pounds changing my lid because the one I have is so bloody noisy.  10 out of 10.
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 8:45 pm

simbo wrote:

I reckon you could Sim- There is a slight muffle of other sounds, but not much.  If the intercom is directly in line with your ear, I bet you wouldn't even notice you had the plugs in.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 9:42 pm

johnboss wrote:
simbo wrote:

I reckon you could Sim- There is a slight muffle of other sounds, but not much.  If the intercom is directly in line with your ear, I bet you wouldn't even notice you had the plugs in.

I won't bother then, I'll just carry on using the mute button Laughing
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 3:06 pm

Hearing Protection 852880 Hearing Protection 3213823784
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 8:34 pm

Bugger - meant to pick a pair up after you showed me them - then forgot completely !!!  Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet & spend an extra £1.25 on P&P  !!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 4:37 pm

I am old school, I like the various noises, not to everyone's tastes I know. I even have always had the car or trucks windows open unless it's pissing down with rain.Makes me feel me at one with my surroundings,  does sound like a great bit of kit though.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 5:19 pm

I don't know, all this spare money about. What's wrong with a bit of rolled up bog roll in your ear  sssmily
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 5:29 pm

captain crash wrote:
I don't know, all this spare money about. What's wrong with a bit of rolled up bog roll in your ear  sssmily

'Cause it's a bitch to get out after it's been raining !!! 

I agree with you Dave - unfortunately, my hearings taken a battering over the years - too many nights stood at the front at Rock City with my head in the bass bin.  I suffer from "reduced hearing" & permanent tinnitus, especially in my right ear.  We have to have an annual hearing test at work due to being in a "safety critical" role - I've been told that if my hearing deteriorates any more, I'll be taken off-road & moved to the control room - which I'd hate.  So, much as I detest wearing them, I'm afraid it's plugs in for me nowadays (when I remember).
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 8:19 pm

Bloody he'll dave, being taken off of the road for a desk job would be pure hell. When the road is your bread about butter, best you do what ever you can to keep it that way. Only another driver could ever understand that, look after those ears.

Crash: I hope you use Andrex, not a cheep brand.  Hearing Protection 2740622253
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 8:39 pm

Cheers Dave - yeh, it'd kill me.  Not stopped me booking tickets to see The Stranglers at Rock City next year tho !!!!
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 10:03 am

That's bad news Dave, use ear plugs mate & then it won't bugger your ears up mate. I use alpine type which is similar to the ones above like a xmas tree shape.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Been using a pair I got a few years ago - They desperately need replacing - this pair look good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hearing Protection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hearing Protection   Hearing Protection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hearing Protection
Page 1 of 1