Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia

Go down 
+5
alfie92
Bluesman
captain crash
Mr Intruder
miker
9 posters
AuthorMessage
miker
miker

In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Empty
PostSubject: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:46 pm

hey, got around to fitting indicator repeaters today, it only took 20mins, £6 from halfords for 4 (2 Spare for future use) individual blue 12v leds with leads attached, i was looking for the mini spot lights but they were out of stock , but these are small and barely noticeable when not in use, spliced into the front indicator cables in the headlight, and a couple of cable ties hold them on the control cables, angled just slightly off,so they are not shining directly in my eyes as they are bright, no more forgotten indicators!

In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia P1010521
Back to top Go down
miker
miker

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:49 pm

p.s. it was amazing how many snaps i had to take to catch the wink!Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:37 pm

Very good idea In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia 2170595768
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:57 pm

Good idea, I like it.

Simple and very effective In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia 881924
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:41 pm

I thought about wiring in another set of indicators on the handlebars facing me but your idea is much better. I'd be a bit worried splicing the cables though!
Back to top Go down
miker
miker

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:51 pm

he he , not literally splicing, Laughing if you look in the photo at my tool bag you will see i am a sparky, i use something called a wago block, available in 2 - 5 way
same as i use for installing down lighters and transformers, snap connectors from halfords(other suppliers a re available) would do the job,
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Well done Miker nice to see a plan work.Before long you will see loads of 800's running around with these fitted.I will certainly be looking into it,as the buzzer works well but can be annoying when at the lights for a long time.
Back to top Go down
miker
miker

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:25 pm

yeh, i didnt think i would hear a buzzer when doing 50 plus unless it was so loud it would annoy me in quieter moments.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi Miker is there a part number for the led's please,as I am very interested in doing that mod.
Back to top Go down
miker
miker

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 12:54 pm

well the packet has (pn4908 micro leds blue) on it, other colours available but any 12v micro led will do. these have leads attached which is handy, saves you getting the soldering iron out. they also have mini shrouds on which can be removed if you wish.
Back to top Go down
miker
miker

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:20 pm

these are small,
https://2img.net/h/i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee497/alalec/P9230519.jpg
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Cheers thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:08 pm

In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia 2011-10-07154528
Hi Miker took your idea and placed mine above the speedo in the housing,the two of them are on for I had the hazards going,look neat and the wiring is hid.Thank you for the idea.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:26 pm

How very well thought out, modified & done Alfie, bloody fantastic In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia 2170595768
Some really fantastic idea's have come out of this site since we started In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia 65147
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:33 pm

In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia 428386 That's a very good mod that you have done there on several different levels In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia 3322349030
Back to top Go down
ippikin
ippikin

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Just finished installing indicator repeats as suggested by Alfie...... they look really good. Thanks for the idea. I'm sure it will contribute to my safety as I'm always leaving the bl*@dy things on.
Got little chrome-housed green leds from www.ultraleds.co.uk (next day delivery) and then extra wiring and shrink-wrap from Maplin. LEDs come with short tail wires so had to extend them by soldering longer lengths on, then shrink-wrap the lot. Connections made to the indicator wires within the headlamp with Sealey T-tap connectors (from www.ccw-tools.com) which seem brilliant......... snap over the wire you are connecting to and leaves a connection free to which you can insert a male spade terminal. This also means you can disconnect the accessory whilst leaving the original wire intact, if you need to in the future. Wires neatly run down exisiting cables with cable ties.
In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia 3498837457

PS If anyone needs some of the T-tap connectors (red) then I have a box of 46 left! I could always send out a few for cost etc; let me know!
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:59 pm

Hi Grob glad to see you went with the mod.The idea was from Miker,I just changed the location of the leds.All credit must go to him for the idea and inspiration.
Back to top Go down
miker
miker

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:06 pm

very generous of you alfie, you have taken the idea and run with it, nice job.
Back to top Go down
ippikin
ippikin

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:01 am

Cheers Miker!
Back to top Go down
Farmboy

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:05 am

....another well done mod....and another addition for my todo list.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Just re read through this thread and it is a great idea and well executed
Back to top Go down
qqn40z
qqn40z

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 5:44 pm

Great idea, anything that aids rider safety is given 11/10 from me!!
Back to top Go down
a4ebh
a4ebh

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks for the great idea fellas. I've added the green leds to the corners of the speedo shield as well.

I'm now considering weather i should add a blue one under the shield as an accent light when the high beam is on.

Once again, Cheers.In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia 276246
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:05 pm

Does make you wonder how many bikers have been knocked of because they had left the indicators on by mistake
Back to top Go down
miker
miker

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 7:05 pm

To be perfectly honest i embarked on this mod after giving a lot of verbal, and digital stick, to a motorist who pulled out on me at a junction, only to then notice that my indicator was still indicating left!
as a car driver and biker over the years i have learnt not to trust people indicating 100% and wait until i see definite proof of turning before pulling out. especially at roundabouts.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:20 pm

I don't look at just indicators, if possible I look for their eyes but agree that indicators from anything should never be trusted but  the fact remains that they are  for them at least, a get out of jail free card.
Back to top Go down
a4ebh
a4ebh

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:35 am

I agree with your comments. I spent 10 days watching a fellow rider indicate his way round the South island. He mentioned that i was doing the same but not nearly as much. M
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 12:04 pm

This has got be be one of the top safety mods that can be done. I still have the buzzer as a reminder but with the addition of an extra light well placed light it is highly unlikely that I will ever make the mistake of making another road user believe I am about to turn when I am not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia   In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In sight indicator repeaters fitted .................... 2002 Volusia
Page 1 of 1