Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

rejetting

Go down 
+4
Twojobmick
Lowey
katsd
wilson8269
8 posters
AuthorMessage
wilson8269
Prospect

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 2:01 am

i have a 2004 volusia and want to know if anyone has rejetted their bike, with what other mods and was it worth it? could you really notice the gains? and what happened to the fuel consumption? 
i got straight through highway hawk pipes and was going to leave the standard air filter. any help, comments are greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 9:53 am

Why do you want to / think you need to re-jet ?  Are the HH the same as these ?  Do you still have the PAIR valve fitted?  If so, I'm guessing you're suffering from abysmal fueling, pooping an decel & a general lack of get-up-and-go.  If that's the case, before you go to the trouble of re-jetting, it'd be worth removing the PAIR valve as a starter
Back to top Go down
wilson8269
Prospect

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 2:07 am

the bikes standard apart from the pipes, runs good, no popping. was just looking for a bit more oomph, happy with the bike as it is though for now
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 9:23 am

If you are happy with the bike. Why change it you could end up with something you are not happy with?
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 10:16 am

There's not much extra oomph to be had from this type of bike. As Lowey says, if it's running fine, don't spend money on it. You'd be better off doing the diff conversion
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 9:25 am

Hi Dave, if you want more oomph from your Intruder, here's the best suggestion ....
rejetting Suzuki%20Intruder%20C1800RT%20LE%2008_zpsokj4vb3z
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 9:27 am

What ?  Bolt loads of heavy bits on it ???   Christ - I've been heading in the wrong direction !!!!
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 9:51 am

I often wonder why riders want more so called oomph from a cruiser, a cruiser surely isn't  about oomph, if one is looking for oomph with a cruiser, may I suggest they could have bought the wrong bike. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 11:48 am

Lowey wrote:
I often wonder why riders want more so called oomph from a cruiser, a cruiser surely isn't  about oomph, if one is looking for oomph with a cruiser, may I suggest they could have bought the wrong bike. Just my opinion.
Hmm - I'd disagree.  I personally don't believe that refers to the style of riding ie. laid-back, cruising.  IMO, a cruiser is a style of bike, defined by it's feet forward, raised bars, upright or slightly-back riding position.  

Whilst I agree there are more gentle, plodding bikes that fall into this genre, there are also what I'd class as "muscle" cruisers - V-Max, Rocket III, VN 2000, XV 1900, M 1800, Indian Scout etc, etc.

Now I ride a crusier as I like the look & the riding position (I'm too old for sports bikes, I don't like the adventure style bikes & whilst I love cafe racers, my back, shoulders, elbows & arse couldn't cope with it), but sometimes I would like a little more "oomph" to go with it.  If/when, I get round to swapping my bike for another, I'll stay with the style, but go for something with more "oomph"
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 2:15 pm

Well if that's a VL1500 then they are now out of production as well as the 800's! Suzuki only sell the 1800's now rejetting 3307848339
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 2:22 pm

The point I was making is if someone is looking for performance, a cruiser is not really the bike to fulfil that need. This is only my opinion, each to their own.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Lowey wrote:
The point I was making is if someone is looking for performance, a cruiser is not really the bike to fulfil that need. This is only my opinion, each to their own.

I agree with you Jeff, Cruisers and that style of bike aren't really about performance, They're more about low revving grunt and torque, That can only be (noticeably) added by more displacement unfortunately, There's also the added weight of a larger displacement bikes to take into consideration with these matters. Back to the OP's question, If it's not running shit after fitting the SS's? I'd leave it alone and probably look into some quiet baffles or lollipops to recover some of that back pressure you'll have lost which will reduce the low down grunt.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 9:25 pm

Agreed, now I've switched to the Vic with its 1700cc engine, I find that it's got the same cruiser riding position I love, it's only a little quicker off the mark than the m800 was, but it's way better at 70 plus.... feels far less buzzy....
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Buzzy?
 Mal! you been shopping at anne summers again hyst
Back to top Go down
wilson8269
Prospect

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 10:38 pm

im happy with the bike, was only asking because i think it struggles when 2s up and loaded with camping gear. dont want anything bigger as someone said they come with extra weight etc etc, i think the 800 is great for everyday use, kinda sorry i asked.
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 8:28 am

wilson8269 wrote:
im happy with the bike, was only asking because i think it struggles when 2s up and loaded with camping gear. dont want anything bigger as someone said they come with extra weight etc etc, i think the 800 is great for everyday use, kinda sorry i asked.
Don't be sorry this forum is all about asking questions, even if sometimes the answer isn't the one the question asker wanted.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 5:06 pm

Let's just say that you find it kinda heavy as you call it ok & with camping gear etc etc blah blah blah. In my case I'm no small guy at say 18 1/2 stone, pillion is say 16 stone & normal kit we'd take on a weeks holiday of clothing as we don't camp & this will be in the region of say another 3 stones making 37 stone on the bike ok? I have no problems making the bike move it's arse if needsbe although we usually cruise at 60 to 65mph so just how much power do YOU need exactly because I bet that our cruiser carries say upto 35% more than yours will probably do & I have no problems with it in any way at all.
Oh & I have the VS1400 diff swap to put up with as well which lowers the gearing approximately 14% as well so I have to put more power on than a standard bike like yours is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rejetting Empty
PostSubject: Re: rejetting   rejetting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rejetting
Page 1 of 1