Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)

Go down 
+3
Bluesman
OldManYam
simbo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) Empty
PostSubject: Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)   Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 7:47 pm

This arrived today. Needed a bike for the wet/winter/town or just when the big boy is too much! GSX250R. No ball of fire but looks nice. It replaces the Inazuma with same twin engine tweaked a bit. Faster than a 125! Slower than most others! Not many around yet. Great for nipping through the gaps in town! Nice Gixxer digital screen. Same fairing and graphics as the thou but there the similarity ends! Comes in sensible oldies black or young man's Moto GP....no contest really  Laughing
Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) B10
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)   Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Looks nice that  thumup
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)   Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 9:41 pm

Looks like a good bit of fun & should be cheap as chip to run. Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)   Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 10:13 pm

OldManYam wrote:
....should be cheap as chip to run. Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) 3498837457
Claimed 80mpg! Not so much with it's neck wrung! Unfortunately got to keep revs under 5k for a while  Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) 291468 .
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)   Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 11:28 am

Ideal commute John, looks the part, is that 5000 kilometers or 5000 yards Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) 852880
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)   Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 4:17 pm

lgd Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) 2645662097
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)   Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 7:26 pm

Fun, fun, fun !!!
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)   Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 7:28 pm

600 miles and I can do 6k revs. 1000 and red line at 11k which it needs as do like all small engines. Some say ride it like you stole it from day 1. Personally I usually go by the book to run a bike in. Main thing is to vary the revs. The odd blip higher probably won't harm either. Worst thing is to sit at cruising speed - cylinders get glazed I believe. Lugging is bad too. Whatever, it's a pain. I'll just have to put on the miles. Fun though!
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)   Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 8:26 pm

I'm with you on that one John, always worth running in an engine (An giving it a soft 'bedding in of 100 miles or so after a winter lay-up).
I tend to go down some remote lanes whilst 'running-in' as it tends to give you the natural variations of engine speed.
I'm sure you will soon get them initial miles clocked up & get to enjoy the 'full potential' !
Even small engines can be fun  Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) 184121345
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)   Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 9:07 pm

Just out of interest John, Did you look at the 250 V-Strom?
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)   Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 11:09 pm

simbo wrote:
Just out of interest John, Did you look at the 250 V-Strom?
Not in our dealers yet. The same bike, engine, frame, display etc etc just in a different frock! Looks nice and has exactly the same power as the gsx. I managed to get mine for £3,900 as a pre reg. I think the V-Strom is coming in at £4600. I started looking at 125's.  Tested a Lexmoto Adrenaline , MT-125 , YBR and CBF. Trouble is, 1st gear is just a bit too short to pull away from trouble at the lights and overtakes need quite a bit of down changing. That's why I looked at 250/300s. Just that bit more. My fav is the R3 but silly money! Gotta watch it getting back on the big one - difference can catch you out for a few miles! But for squeezing through the traffic in rush hour - a tiddler can be king for a day!
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)   Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 12:58 pm

Not as pretty as my ktm Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) 3213823784  but still great. Always worth running the engine in sensibly, although when it comes to cruising I would often take it a k above the rec rev limit then allow the engine to break iin order to slow it back down. constant speeds at 5k can possibly glaze the cylinders but more to the point its boring. it doesn't take long to get to kneck wringing stage. And youll be happily surprised and im sure when you figure out you can use 11k in every gear without the prospect of killing yourself. Fun and safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)   Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baby Suzuki (my winter hack!)
Page 1 of 1