Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)

Go down 
+5
simbo
johnboss
Skidalot
v-twin
stingray
9 posters
AuthorMessage
EvoChris
EvoChris

Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Empty
PostSubject: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi All, good to meet you all..... well I hope too.
I Live near Rochester in Kent, 47 years of age, Married with 2 supposedly grown up daughters (do they ever - aged 25 and 21 - no, I have no pics for you lot!) Anyhoo, I have 7 bikes all pampered, have my own personal bike workshop and do all my own restorations from tart up to ground up including all my own painting, been a hobby since I could walk. Last year had the fortune or misfortune to pick up a poorly '94 VS 800 that I had big plans for. I have spent 9 months turning into a bobber style and bringing the bike up to something I would like to ride, and do you know what????....I really like it, hence being here talking to you guys, will get pictures of the build and my other toys as the forum allows. Hope to speak to some of you soon, I know its a quiet site so will check in each day. I belong to other sites that are quiet (MV Agusta.net) so used to this.......BFN, Chris
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) 304308752  Chris!
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi Chris and Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) 2610028573
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 6:15 pm

Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) 2773974287 Chris &  Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) 1530558013
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 6:19 pm

Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) 936075699  Chris!  Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) 3005623951
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 6:25 pm

Hmmmm ..... 7 bikes, Own bike workshop, Clearly got  talent and time - already jealous. Laughing

wwweee  to the forum - me thinks you may well be another excellent source of knowedge and ideas. Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi Chris  Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) 936075699
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 3:43 am

hello Chris and welcm
Back to top Go down
EvoChris
EvoChris

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 9:08 am

Hi Guys thanks for the warm welcome its great to be here....seem a decent bunch of fellas look forward to getting involved. I have attached a quick before and after pics if you want to see more of the build let me know and I will start a new thread....cheersHi All, from Sunny Kent :) Img_4510
Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Comple10
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Looking good Chris!
Back to top Go down
EvoChris
EvoChris

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Cheers Peter, every component except the engine was stripped and rebuilt with new parts. The engine needed a service, valves and compression check, gearbox and clutch check and after 35k miles all was well within spec, impressed! My MV's needs constant checking and maintenance! Jap stuff seems solid after all these years. Paint is candy apple green, frame and wheels and aux parts 2k taxi black. All I need now is the engine casing either side as the chrome has lifted in places so will be looking out for those in the near future home and abroad.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 4:35 pm

Why not get the cases polished & lacquered? That would be possibly cheaper as well?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 8:24 pm

Looks smart that, love the green  thumup
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 9:43 pm

yes that's great looking bike
Back to top Go down
EvoChris
EvoChris

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 7:56 am

Great idea Peter, do you know a good way to get the chrome off? Home DIY maybe, my shot blaster is only good for light work and wont touch the plate.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 3:21 pm

I think you may find that a chrome plater will strip them for you as otherwise it will be a long pig of a job to diy them. I have a guy near me, Harry Overton at Briteworx.com or .co.uk, who does polishing. I could ask him if you like but you would have to post them to him as he lives near Burton on Trent.
Back to top Go down
EvoChris
EvoChris

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 8:38 am

that would be ace, thanks Peter. its both casings left and right that need stripping and polishing. Cheers
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 12:16 pm

OK will do when I get a minute.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 12:18 pm

Chris ring Harry on 07861778841 ok & he will explain to you his process & prices.
Back to top Go down
EvoChris
EvoChris

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Thanks Peter. There is a company not too far from me but they want a fortune to strip and polish, I was better off finding a good set from the states. If your guy comes up reasonable I will go for it and send you on some beers, cheers

Last edited by EvoChris on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvoChris
EvoChris

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Perfect, will do. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
bagtoracer68
bagtoracer68

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 2:16 am

Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) 936075699 Chris! There's a Kent about 6 miles from me in Ohio, but it was merely named after yours! Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) 3498837457 Your "before" looks like my current and STILL; except I did put drag bars on. Makes a world of difference to the ride and look...
Back to top Go down
EvoChris
EvoChris

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 9:44 am

Hi Barry, same name worlds apart, I bet your is sunnier than ours. Nice to have a common interest though we are all one when it comes to bikes. The Drag bars look excellent on these VS's much more purposeful, much better than the original look and design of the mid 90's. Ride safe.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)   Hi All, from Sunny Kent :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi All, from Sunny Kent :)
Page 1 of 1