Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T

Go down 
+7
ChrisS
Badger
alfie92
Bluesman
Bunso Steel
pledge
tony from dorset
11 posters
AuthorMessage
tony from dorset
tony from dorset

Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Empty
PostSubject: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:27 pm

This is my C50T which I ordered from a dealer in Washington. The C50T is a similar bike to the C800 but comes with more goodies as standard including back rest, windshield, bags, white wall tyres etc. As you will see I have added passenger floorboards, chrome rad grill, spotlights and fender guard. Hope you like!

Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Mix2011015

Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Mix2011013-2

Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Mix2011019-1

Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Mix2011016

Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Mix2011018

Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Mix2011021

Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Mix2011020
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:32 pm

Lovely bike.Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T 276246
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Cracking bike mate. Was it easy enough for you to import it? Worth it for all the extras?
Back to top Go down
tony from dorset
tony from dorset

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:00 pm

no wasnt easy spoted the c50t on an american suzuki site tried to get uk dealers to import for me but no one would touch it so i found dealer in US who imported to uk

The bike was cheap as chips compared to uk c800 in uk money bike was £4000 new

but i had to pay £800 to air freight to heathrow and £1200 vat all this before they would let me see the crate it was in all in all £6000 lot of sleapless nights but what a bike for the money also had to to take it to VOSA to have tested checked the b ike over like you would not beleive 2hrs and failed it over a headlight running bulb had to get it done then bring back before issuing a pass for DVLA still £8000 cheaper than a road king without the extras
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:33 pm

tony from dorset wrote:
....still £8000 cheaper than a road king without the extras

I bet there's loads of people who will think it's a HD too! One of the nicest 800's I've seen - well done mate! Even makes me, a non screeny, fancy a bit of perspex! That looks a bit taller than screens I've seen - I should imagine it would even keep a bit of the blast off your head?

Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T 1601728484 Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T 428386 Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T 3492671266
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:49 pm

Excellant looking bike,well worth the wait and effort by the look of it.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:07 am

Lovely looking bike there, but take those extra keys off .....
They gonna scratch. Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T 410694
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:01 am

As Bluesman said that's a great looking screen it really suits the bike, I've just had another good look at the photos and it really is a cracking bike, you must be over the moon.Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T 184121345
Back to top Go down
ChrisS
ChrisS

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:18 am

Now, that IS VERY NICE!

Congrats, you must be well happy Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T 2170595768
Back to top Go down
tony from dorset
tony from dorset

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:49 am

yeah really please with bike i only just received the rear footpegs from the states this week but beleive it or not i only have one more mod to make as i dont want the bike to be over the top and over done but i want a rear carrier behind the seat i have looked and looked uk and states and have not found one i like so i am going to get one made and chromed like i did with the front spot lamp brackets that way you get exactly what you want also thanks for the nice comments been meaning to post photos for ages
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:57 am

pledge wrote:
As Bluesman said that's a great looking screen it really suits the bike...

What height is that screen mate - I presume it's a Suzuki standard one?
Back to top Go down
tony from dorset
tony from dorset

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:05 am

not sure of height but yeah it ihas boulavard on the front so must be manufactured by suzuki i will check measurment when i get some time it does keep the wind and flies off you
Back to top Go down
tony from dorset
tony from dorset

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:09 am

by the way any one on here from the christchurch cruisrer club they have quite a few c800 bikes in the club i dont belong to them but i do see them at poole bike night they look a good club they have a web site for christchurch cruisers with photos etc worth a look
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:17 am

tony from dorset wrote:
not sure of height but yeah it ihas boulavard on the front so must be manufactured by suzuki i will check measurment when i get some time it does keep the wind and flies off you

Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T 256401 Ithink the one Mr.I recommended is:

Screen

Screen measurements are 50cm across at widest point, 62cm from base to top, 48cm from top of headlamp cutaway to top. Looks nice and tall to me.

Last edited by Bluesman on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:19 am

That a bloody lovelly bike tony you must be so proud it was so worth the effort of importing great bike Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T 2170595768
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:21 am

Bluesman wrote:
tony from dorset wrote:

Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T 256401 Ithink the one Mr.I recommended is:

Screen

Screen measurements are 50cm across at widest point, 62cm from base to top, 48cm from top of headlamp cutaway to top.

Gotta be careful with screen height as you should have the top of the screen just below eye level
Back to top Go down
tony from dorset
tony from dorset

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:25 am

dont effect me im really short so can see through screen
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:27 am

If I buy a screen my only worry is that I might geat head wobble at speed.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:35 am

Get lowers as they pretty much stop this from all that I have read which sounds crazy as the lowers are down and your head is up but apparently its due to an upward blast from under the screen
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:18 am

Thats one glorious ride you got there Peter Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T 276246

tony from dorset wrote:
dont effect me im really short so can see through screen
Dangerous when its raining though! But hey it's a cruiser, keep it out of the rain lol!

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:20 am

Bluesman wrote:
If I buy a screen my only worry is that I might get head wobble at speed.

captain crash wrote:
Get lowers as they pretty much stop this from all
that I have read which sounds crazy as the lowers are down and your
head is up but apparently its due to an upward blast from under the
screen
Spot on CC!
I was getting serious head wobble at first but after adjusting them a fair few times up, down, in & out I eventually got it so they give very little issue to me. However I will be adding lowers at some stage to completely eradicate the wind issue as much as possible. They amount of issue that I have from wind even without the lowers is still better in my opinion than riding at speed without the screen fitted.
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 1:17 pm

My wife has an issue with my wind! I will seriously think about turning my bike fully dressed after seeing that lovely pic above as many others on here have done also. So many different looks to be achieved with one bike - I used to play with 'Swoppits' when I was a kid (cowboys and indians with removable accessories) - riding a cruiser is a bit like that. I never did grow up!
Back to top Go down
scotland warrior
scotland warrior

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:35 pm

Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T 3039991824 you have done a great job and the white walls set it off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:42 am

That' one good looking bike.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Really sweet. Well done for persevering with the import nonsense and getting a great ride for silly money. I have a screen too, and messed with the position for ages. In the end I have it set quite high (but then I/'m tall Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T 852880).

Re the top being just below eye level, it depends how you ride too. With mine, if I slouch, I can see through the screen, but it I sit up tall in the saddle, I cann see over it - useful when it's raining!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T   Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Imported from Washington DC .......... Suzuki C50T
Page 1 of 1