Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Empty
PostSubject: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 6:53 pm

A recent thread has got me thinking about all the engine bolts. At present they are all chrome headed which is in line with the engine & looks nice. However I am thinking about changing all the visible ones over to a coloured anodised type. If it will look good, it will be a cheapish mod but if it looks wrong I will have wasted my cash.
I can't fathom out whether it will look ace or crap, so what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:00 pm

Black ones might look cool on a black bike ? I'm not sure about other colours though 😕 We'll never know till you've done it Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? 852880
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:02 pm

Crap Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? 437349
Back to top Go down
Sabraer
Sabraer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:02 pm

well I am planning on changing mine over to a metalic purple and changing the pinstripe red to purple as well. I did it on my old bike and looked pretty sweet. you just need to watch what color you go for though because some of the colors just look cheap.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:05 pm

I better explain myself I think. Daves bike is soley black & chrome as pointed out by Simbo, if he adds colour I think it will look all wrong. If the anodised bolts are being added as part of a colour scheme that is different and would enhance the look.
Back to top Go down
Sabraer
Sabraer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:11 pm

That I agree with. If its going to be the only colour then will just look wrong, I am matching to colour that Im changing on the bike. If it wasnt for that I just wouldnt.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Mark, here is a link for you mate Pro-Bolt If they haven't got what you need then you don't need it Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? 184121345
Back to top Go down
Sabraer
Sabraer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Thats an amazing site! thanks for that, I was just looking at a set on ebay but these have loads more stuff!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:26 pm

captain crash wrote:
Mark, here is a link for you mate Pro-Bolt If they haven't got what you need then you don't need it Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? 184121345

Oh my god ! I can feel an order coming on Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? 852880 Have you seen those ss spiked bolts ! Great link Crash Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Very good points as per my ride guys, Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? 433968 for your honesty. I will park that idea in the bin then for my bike.
Back to top Go down
Sabraer
Sabraer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:32 pm

once again this is more stuff I need money for!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:37 pm

Just been looking at that site and they do bolt kits for bike models.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:47 pm

simbo wrote:
Have you seen those ss spiked bolts ! Great link Crash Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? 3498837457
Very nice they are too. I think Sims hedgehog bike will be getting a few more pointy bits thanks to that link. Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? 852880
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 8:08 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
I think Sims hedgehog bike will be getting a few more pointy bits thanks to that link. Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? 852880

I might even fit a side car yet Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? 852880
Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Spikedbike

It would match the helmet design I'm thinking about Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? 3213823784
Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? HelmetBling
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:59 pm

Well, colour difference would make them stand out, but personally, I don't like it.
Maybe it would be better on chrome though. How about cutting out circles of foil or card in the colour you fancy,
and pushing them over the bolts to give an impression of the finished look?

Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? 66915engine
Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Kvm-0114%20%5B640x480%5D
Back to top Go down
Sabraer
Sabraer

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 11:27 pm

again I agree that on black it doesnt look right but on chrome can be done with a more subtle result. I think with anything like this subtle toning is the way to go rather than bold and prominent.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 11:30 pm

It is all dependant on what colour is used, the shading of that colour and how it is done in relation to whatever else is going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?   Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changing from chrome to coloured anodised bolts?
Page 1 of 1