Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder Empty
PostSubject: Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder   Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Just been out in the workshop and fitted a new slightly smaller number plate with & LED bolt lights. Moved the indicators to the side of the mud guard and removed the big chrome lump that usually holds the indicators and number plate light.

firstly remove this big lump, undo three bolts and it will come away.

Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder IMG_1182_zpsfe9aee85

Rather than use the stock indicators I got these. The first set for the front of the bike and the second for the rear fender.

Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder KGrHqQOKiwE13ONJ9TBNrbtMyuQ_1_zpsb05160e0 Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder KGrHqVlEE2EiilbBGBNrYgkb9g_1_zpsf91dc7e1

When you have removed the chrome lump, you can use the 3 mounting holes to install the number plate, which will now be higher up the rear. Remove the metal spacers from the grommets but leave the rubbers in place.

Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder IMG_1178_zps461ea327

I will be using all three of these holes when mounting the number plate. The top two will be used to fit the rear of the LED plate lights into, this will be the route for the electrics and a secure fixing for the rear of the LED lights. The number plate will only actually have one bolt holding it & that will run through the bottom of the three holes. I have substituted the bottom spacer here with a 10mm long nut to give my small diameter bolt a tight fixing.

Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder IMG_1177_zps36252227

These are the type of LED bolt lights I used for the plate illumination.

Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder KGrHqZroFCR4jE9wmBQrgi6wgV60_58_zps314324fa

As you can see, I have substituted the two small nuts supplied with the LED bolt lights with two 10mm long nuts as they give a very tight fit for the rear of the lights into the two to grommets.

Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder IMG_1180_zpseee6f3da

The electrics for the LED bolt lights will now run through the two top grommets and the now replaced 10mm long bolts will secure the number plate tightly and securely in position when the bottom bolt that you can see is done up.

Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder IMG_1181_zps982b0354

Much tidier now.

Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder IMG_1175_zpsc7c08aa2

Hope you find this either interesting or helpful if considering a similar type of modification.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder   Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Nice job Dave Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder 2170595768 I intend doing this, or a side mount when I get some time,it cleans the rear end up nicely Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder 3498837457
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder   Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Excellent write up dave, very detailed. Looks so much better like that mate Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder 2170595768
Number plate has a bit of advertising on it I see Laughing

I spy with my little eye a blacked out light surround, would be nice to get some proper pictures of that from a better angle
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder   Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:00 pm

Cheers guys, I will get some better pictures in the morrow. Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder 3498837457
Back to top Go down
bikerdave
bikerdave

PostSubject: Re: Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder   Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 pm

Very interesting write up. Has given me some useful information. I have took my number plate holder off and put my plate at an angle but this has given me food for thought as this looks a lot better.
Back to top Go down
bikerdave
bikerdave

PostSubject: Re: Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder   Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:41 pm

Jumped the gun i think. Just looked at some images of your model against mine and the back end is a lot different. Will need a new rear light as well as it is all one unit on mine plus have to buy and locate the indicators. Think it will look good but a tad to expensive to warrant. Back to the drawing board.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder   Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:48 pm

You want this one LINK for your model.
Back to top Go down
bikerdave
bikerdave

PostSubject: Re: Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder   Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:02 pm

Thanks for the link Mr Intruder. Will have a good look and see what I can sort out.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder   Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:07 pm

looks nice dave
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder   Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 11:08 am

Cheers Morgan, I am well pleased with it. So much cleaner on the rear now.
I will try to get some better pictures as soon as I can but at the moment the bike is on the cruiser lift with the rear wheel off again to give me a bit of working space under the fender. Gotta try and get the number plate lights & the indicators wired in this afternoon but time is against me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder   Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear end clean up & number plate repositioning / Suzuki C800 Intruder
Page 1 of 1