Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder

Go down 
+15
Badger
peardrop3
Bigredbus4468
alfie92
DaveC
Jimmyboy
coffeescoffer
captain crash
pledge
fat intruder
Sanddancer
Mr Intruder
simbo
elsonico
MarcinG
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Empty
PostSubject: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:05 pm

Hi,

Finally compressed, uploaded and setup. Job done. Need sleep.  :sleep:  :sleep:

Back to top Go down
elsonico
elsonico

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:16 am

Thank you Marcin, you're a star!
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 9:51 am

You're welcome.
Bear in mind though, when removing the long screws, just loosen them up and pull, to remove the whole assembly from inside of the bar otherwise you'll have a washer and nut stuck inside.
I learned it the hard way. *rattle rattle*
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:37 am

Good video Marcin 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 2170595768 when you undo the bar end weights only undo them a little then tap the screw inwards to release the inner part, then with the screw undone (not out) pull the bar end weight and the inner part complete with nut and washer comes out 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 2:07 pm

I would be very careful using super glue (I think that's what your using) when fitting something like that, better to use a glue that doesn't set quite so quickly. Looks good though. 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Sanddancer
Valued Member
Sanddancer

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Thanks for taking the time to do that Marcin. Going to be my next mod I think 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 2170595768
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
I would be very careful using super glue (I think that's what your using) when fitting something like that, better to use a glue that doesn't set quite so quickly. Looks good though. 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 3498837457

I used Loctite Gel...super something.
It has a gel consistency and was setting slow enough to allow me to pull the grip off and put it back on.
I think I was borderline successful with it...that's why I had problems rolling it on.
Something slower reacting would help indeed.
Back to top Go down
elsonico
elsonico

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:49 pm

alright, fitted my new grips today. Getting the throttle cables out of the old grip and into the new one was a PAIN in the ***...took me about 20 minutes and some serious swearing. However, the grips look great. Thanks again for your help, keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 9:05 pm

Good man!
I'm glad I could help 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 3005623951

Now...Pics or it didn't happen! 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 2343124779
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:08 pm

nice vid marcin1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 3498837457
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Question is...who waited long enough for "sad panda" moment 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 852880
Back to top Go down
pledge
Valued Member
pledge

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:53 pm

Another good video. Was the sad panda moment when it didn't start right away?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:03 am

yep I saw it lol you've got to watch them all the way through just in'case there's any surprises 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 852880 loved the bleep moment too 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 2343124779
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:20 am

I'm starting to feel more comfortable with my video editing software now...bleep took me 15 minutes to find and add haha.
I'll try to do bloppers on each video from now on since I'm discarding tons of footage.
Back to top Go down
elsonico
elsonico

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 11:05 am

MarcinG wrote:
Now...Pics or it didn't happen! 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 2343124779

sure :)

1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder IMAG0722_zps9874ae08

1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder IMAG0723_zps171c3664

...and yes, my garage is a mess...
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 2:34 pm

Looking Good. 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 3498837457
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Its the little things that really make the difference and they are very cool
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:50 am

Just wondering Marcin, if the outer part of the throttle side grip will come off so that it could be put on over a stock throttle twister bit? I would not think that the heat pads of a grip warmer would enable smooth throttle action if put on the bar directly, so putting them under just the outer bit makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:06 pm

Marcin just watched your vid so of into the garage, 15mins later I had these fitted !!!
Highway Hawk grips chrome metal not plastic for £20 notes from a local trader I know.

1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder DSCN2418_zpsabf19208

Thanks for your vid mate and the inspiration !!!

Jim.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:23 pm

That's a good buy, Easier to fit than it may at first seem even for the first time
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:25 pm

Yep your right crash, just needed to take the slack up in the cables afterwards....job done !!!

Jim.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:28 pm

Adding bits like that really make you feel like the bike is yours and its even better cause you know you did it 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 184121345
Back to top Go down
Jimmyboy
Valued Member
Jimmyboy

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:30 pm

Totally agree mate, you have to make these things your own.

Jim.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 3:39 pm

They look 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 3039991824 Nice job Jim 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 3498837457
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:43 pm

Jim wrote:
Marcin just watched your vid so of into the garage, 15mins later I had these fitted !!!
Can't tell you how happy it makes me to see that the vid helped someone. Cheers 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 184121345 
Lovely grips.
Back to top Go down
DaveC
DaveC

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 6:44 pm

Looking good Jim 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Very nice Jim, looks cool. 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 2170595768
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Nice job. 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 2170595768
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Look sound them Jim.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Marcin where did you buy your grips from may I ask?
Also is the 2010 VL800 (C800LO) throttle assembly different to yours?
Any help or advice would be gratefully recieved,

Peter  1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 115684958
Back to top Go down
Bigredbus4468
Bigredbus4468

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 4:50 pm

Nice one.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 6:06 pm

Peter

Here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Hand-Grip-Marauder-Volusia-Vulcan-800-2000-Nomad-Drifter-1500-1600-Boulevard-/310366616286? 

As for the 2010 differences, I'm afraid I don't know but I doubt that the changes would affect the way a grip fits in.
Back to top Go down
Bigredbus4468
Bigredbus4468

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 6:13 pm

Marvin have you ridden these grips? Any vibes? Are they metal? Cheers Kevin
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 6:48 pm

peardrop3 wrote:
Also is the 2010 VL800 (C800LO) throttle assembly different to yours?

The throttle assembly is visually different but the grips are the same and fit fine like Marvin says, I've got them on my 09 model which is the same as the 2010 model.

Last edited by simbo on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Bigredbus4468 wrote:
Marvin have you ridden these grips? Any vibes? Are they metal? Cheers Kevin

Marvin :)

Yes, I got them on my bike all the time. Bought them in January so it's been a year now and they still look like new.
They're not metal, they're billet aluminium. Lightweight and very nicely done.

Grip is unbelievable...rubber is very good quality.
It actually survived ripping them off the bar once already (left grip)

Vibes? as in vibrations? I had a problem with it but I think it was a problem with my handlebar in general. I wouldn't attribute extra vibrations to the grips.
I did however replace the sharp tips that they come with, with end bar weights from stock.
So mine look like that now:
1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder IMAG6232_zpst8iw8xyj
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Thanks 'Marvin' & Sim. as for the bar ends I'd like to use the plain Kuryakyn type with a contoured(large) throttle assister but then I'd probably have vibration problems, do you get much in the way of vibe's now Sim?

:cmate:
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 8:15 pm

I think I was the only sissy complaining about vibrations on handlebar  1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 215375  1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 2740622253
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 8:21 pm

I've never had any vibration problems at all Peter, I even use thin gloves in summer without problem, Marcin has though, so possibly it's just the difference in our hands?
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 9:01 pm

Ye, I actually filled the handlebar with fine sand to dampen the vibrations.
It was only later that I found out I had finger joint inflammation that was making everything feel worse than it was.

However...without the bar end weights I had problems seeing anything in mirrors, it was so bad.
After sand, perfect at 60mph :}
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Ah I'll see what I can sort out then & thanks for the recomendations Marcin & Sim.
I used to know a friend who used lead substitute for his fishing so will seek him out again to renew friendships & see if he knows where to get some of the substitute as I dont like the idea of sand in the bars as it may travel to the twistgrip assembly possibly?
I do wonder though if the Kuryakyn throttle assist will fit the chinese replacements Marcin as you do not show the end assembly on the throttle side on any pictures or on the video so I wonder if you can tell me if it looks like the same fitting at all please?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:15 pm

peardrop3 wrote:
I do wonder though if the Kuryakyn throttle assist will fit the chinese replacements 

What's a Kuryakyn throttle assist Peter? I've just googled it and all I can find is the throttle boss that these cheap grips come supplied with.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:19 pm

I must admit I don't get it either... these grips come with throttle boss so why replace with expensive Kuryakyn stuff?
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:34 pm

The throttle assist/boss is a larger paddle shaped piece that sits under the heel of your hand as against the small boss that comes with the chinese version that just protrudes into the twistgrip area & seems as much use as a chocolate fireguard to me as i use an M & P clip on version at the moment on the original twistgrip.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Whatever floats your boat mate but I found it perfect and unless your grip tries to unwind itself with a force of a truck, you'll have no problems at all keeping throttle locked with it.

I'd say "try before you buy".
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:55 pm

I have weakened grip in my hands Marcin due to carpal tunnel operations so find the bigger one to assist me on long trips. On my Pan European 1300 it was a brilliant help as it had been on the R11100RT I had also & it has helped on the Intruder so I will try it first obviously & 'suck it & see' as they say.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:05 pm

That makes sense mate. Go for bigger one.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:20 pm

Mr Intruder swears by his throttle boss
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:35 pm

Sure do Crash.  1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder 852880 
- Link Here -
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:47 pm

Marcin I've just re-viewed your pic with the bar end weights re-installed & want to ask did you try to use the throttle boss as well with the end weights before going to them without the boss installed or not? I summise the screws on the boss end protruded too far to use the boss & the weights & did you cut the threaded sections out of the grips to fit the weights again?
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:58 pm

I think I tried but I couldn't be asked to mess about with screws and holding it in place.
Also, the way I have everything setup on my handlebar - the weights do not turn along with throttle as I used the stock mounting too (long screw and 2 rubber bushings that bulge out and hold the lot in place). This way I got about 1mm space between the grip and weight, allowing it to vibrate freely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder   1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1" custom grips - installation - video ...... Suzuki Intruder
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next