Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chrome Grips + Fitting Video

Go down 
+2
captain crash
azcam
6 posters
AuthorMessage
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Empty
PostSubject: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 3:41 pm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle-Handlebar-Sportster-Superglide-Chopper/dp/B00EZIA8ZA/ref=sr_1_77?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1390318046&sr=1-77&keywords=1%22+handlebar+grips

Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 41d-iF0dhiL._SY450_

Wats ppls views on these blighters, worth a go?
Any one forsee any probs.

TY
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:40 pm

Look nice! For £13.99 worth a try too  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 123721
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Yeah they are totally blinged up, seems like a real bargain
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 5:55 pm

At that price you can't go wrong, bargain & well worth a punt.  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 3498837457
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 123721Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 215375 Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 3213823784  lol!  Dildos from China...obviously. lol
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:11 pm

Thanks chaps. Two concerns.  1 how do they secure to the handle bar as I can't see any rubber to stick them down with.
Secondly as they do not seem to have any end weights will the bars vibrate. Thirdly they don't look as comfy as the stock or the ones marcin uses. And fourthly, they do seem bloody cheap.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:20 pm

Throttle side attaches to within the right side switch gear as your stock ones do
Left one has a hex key in the inside area. (just glanced at all there pics)

Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:32 pm

Vibration is specific to the bike, what happens with one does not necessarily happen with another. You may get vibration & you may not. I would have thought they were completely rubber that has been coated with a chrome coating, could well wear off with time. You would have to buy them to find out but at that price, seems like a punt worth taking. The throttle side will as Crash says attach as your stock one does. The left side is secured with the visible hex key & another type of glue if desired. Will they be comfy? Only god knows but they will not be as comfy as my Kuryakyn ISO grips but as long as they can take some of the vibration and are not rock solid, I would have thought they would be OK.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:41 pm

Thanks Dave and crash. Chrome coated rubber, sounds a bit duff. Might go for the ones marcin has. But then again at that price?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:53 pm

Chrome coated rubber? Can't see that myself? They're just Chromed Aluminium, It must be a typing error surely?
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:10 pm

They're very likely to be similarly designed as mine...rubber insert, shaped the same as chrome...just without the rubber bits sticking out.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Personally Aaron I'd go for the grips Marcin & I have from China. 
I bought Kuryakyn bar end weights & a contoured throttle boss from Metric but they were'nt cheap, but do fit the cheaper grips nicely. 
You need some longer screws(3mm x 16mm x 4 & 3mm x 20 x 4) to fit the bits. 
You probably would get away with using the boss that comes with the grips though?
Thats my 2 pennorth anyway...
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:13 pm

Thank you  Peter
I like the ones you and Marcin have they look comfy. But then again i want somthing a little different. And at £14 quid if they go tits up after awhile its no great loss. Then on the other side, they could be little diamonds, there ordered now any way. So watch this space
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:18 pm

Good on ya Arron at that price you just can't go wrong, well worth a try & if they aint no good the woman up the road will probable buy one  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 2740622253 
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:34 pm

ha ha, I like that. Can get shot of them when the wifies have there next Ann Summers Party...lol
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Now that's forward thinking if i ever heard it, going in sniper fashion eh Aaron & sneaking a couple of shots & sneaking out again! 
Sounds like a plan.....  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 3213823784
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:23 pm

Well the grips came to day and if i do say so there not bad. Defo 14 quid like. Have temp fitted them.
I want to put a very thin plastic sleeve insert of some description on them both. The throttle side has quite a bit of play and makes a bit of a rasping noise on operation. Not very smooth, plastic spacer should cure this. Same again on the clutch side. Want to pack it out a bit so its not metal on metal, plus be able to apply some sort of glue. Took about 20 mins to install. Clutch side came off easy.Maybe because of the cold. Have yet to go for a spin, so cant say whether the mirrors will vibrate. How ever, considerably lighter than the old grips plus end weights. Which thanks to top tips, came out complete. Thanks guys for that.   
Found/Tripped over a 2 lt bottle of Sprite in the garage, that's frozen. So when that defrosts, then ill put the Tank decal on.

Wonder if you can get 1" shrink wrap to roll over the bar??

Hope you like.

Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 20140205_173807_zps21416074

Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 20140205_174053_zpsb606a372

Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 20140205_174113_zpsc743b63d
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:17 pm

You definitely will need glue for the clutch side Arron. 
As for throttle side is all the 'flashing' removed from the drum as that may cause the rasping sound you mention & as for a plastic spacer on that side I would be careful to use the appropriate size obviously so as not to make it too tight/sticky.
Did the grip slide straight onto the throttle side or did you remove the twistgrip assembly totally as that may be the problem as the grips we/I have replace the complete twistgrip drum.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:32 pm

They look good Arron  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 2170595768 Hope you get the minor hicup's sorted.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:38 pm

Peter.
It replaced the whole assembly. The sound i can hear is the grip catching the end of the handle bar, as i can feel it when i throttle on. There was no rubber insert inside either of the grips, which was a bit disappointing. I was expecting some sort of sleeve on the the throttle side. But i think it can be easily fixed. Just need to shop about for a solution. Also what glue would you recommend. At the mo its metal on metal, which i am not happy about and will fix before i even attempted to ride. So it will be a metal to rubber compound of some sort that i need. thanks all.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Ah that rasping I feel will soon go away as the steel bar end grinds the grip inner away so I would not worry too much about it.
I thought there was a rubber grip that had been chromed as it was mentioned earlier on in the threads but if it is totally metal, & you say light, then I summise it is alloy that has been chromed.
As for affixing the clutch side, I will be using Evo Stik glue to seal the rubber to the metal bar BUT you need something that will glue metal to metal which I am not sure of other than plastic metal or something similar but I would ask Dave or such as I don't want to mislead you ok?
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:10 pm

Its defo alloy thats been chromed. Just looking for a 1" nylon sleeve for the throttle side and there is no way i want to glue metal on metal, we have stuff for that at work. If i used it, It would be the End of my Bars. Thanks for the Help again.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:26 pm

I know there is a few teething problems but they are looking real good, next to naff all money, very well spent  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 184121345
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:57 pm

I think i may have solved the throttle side with the aid of a coke bottle. Going to cut and fashion a sleeve. Making sure that is dosnt wrap round the full handle bar as i dont want it to snag. then a light smearing of Vaseline over everything, fingers crossed that should do the trick. For the other side, I might try 3M double sided tape of some description.... Could it be as easy as that????
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 8:41 pm

They look great and at that price bargain but a light smearing of Vaseline will be a far to temporary fix that will need reapplying.  Better to find why the are rasping and making an adjustment of sorts where possible, don't know without seeing what though. Something like a chain grease would probably be much better if you stay that way but time will tell.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 8:57 pm

Silicone sealer or no nails in the left grip and electrical tape wrapped round the bar on the throttle side?
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 5:23 pm

14 Quid Bling and a coke bottle

Here's a video for the remedy (bodge) i came up with, for the sloppy fitting grips.
(excuse the dodgy cam work)
VIDEO - 1
Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Th_grip1_zpscdc82970

VIDEO - 2
Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Th_grip2_zps37f771f7

VIDEO - 3
Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Th_grip3_zps1290f1e3

Hope this might help any one else that buys cheap bling....TY
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 6:53 pm

Nice cheap fix Arron  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 2170595768  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 276246

Last edited by simbo on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:11 pm

Bloody good job & great video's. I love to see stuff made to work properly like that.   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 65147 
Great price, great job.  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 3498837457
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Just clicked randomly at last one and ended up hearing "Just for you Dave" and "vaseline".
I'm not sure I want to know what you boys were up to  affraid 

Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 215375  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 2740622253  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 852880  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 2343124779  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 804997
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:20 pm

Marcin I do not think we need to know, back up slowly turn around & RUN!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:22 pm

Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 3213823784
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:23 pm

Good videos Arron, very useful   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 3322349030
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:23 pm

peardrop3 wrote:
Marcin I do not think we need to know, back up slowly turn around & RUN!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't even consider turning around as safe  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 2740622253
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:27 pm

mmmmmmmm good thought!!  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 1090754380  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 3213823784
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:30 pm

Thanks all. 
Spent a good hour walking round my local DIY store, before i did this and couldn't come up with a simpler method. Clutch side i cured with Double sided Tape with a 150kg strength rating. It also help pad the grip out to stop vibs,as apposed to glue. 
There bloody cold on your hands in the morning though.

MARCIN REALLY!!!!

Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 3972956199
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:33 pm

Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 852880  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 641964
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 7:34 pm

Wat a bunch of...........

What you trying to say.. IM ARMY not NAVY

Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 51970515 

Twats.... Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 3213823784  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 2740622253  Chrome Grips + Fitting Video 2343124779  lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chrome Grips + Fitting Video   Chrome Grips + Fitting Video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chrome Grips + Fitting Video
Page 1 of 1