Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DIY Active TRE installation.

Go down 
+3
simbo
fat intruder
DocSjulle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DocSjulle
Hero Globs
DocSjulle

DIY Active TRE installation. Empty
PostSubject: DIY Active TRE installation.   DIY Active TRE installation. Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 3:59 pm

The connectors I ordered for the GPS (Gear Position Sensor) arrived today, and I build the active TRE circuit right away.

The info for this mod was collected on the internet from DIY-Smart TRE thread at motorcycleforums and Steve's TL1000S pages, thx to Steve and MantiZ68.

Parts needed:

6.8 Kohm resistor
47 Kohm resistor
BC547 or similar NPN transistor
Sumitomo HM 090-6 connectors to fit the GPS sensor.

I had the resistors and transistor in the drawer and the connectors I ordered from www.cycleterminal.com

The small circuit tricks the ECU into thinking the bike is always in 5th gear, thus eliminating the timing retard Suzuki has programmed into the ECU in 1st and 2nd gear.

It still has the normal timing when in neutral.

The circuit can be made on a small breadboard and placed in a box, but I just made it birds nest style, and wrapped it in self vulcanizing tape to protect it from moisture.

It gives a bit more grunt in 1st and 2nd gear, and I think it is worth doing for the small money and effort.

Schematic of the circuit.

DIY Active TRE installation. TRE_schematic

The white connector is for the GPS.

DIY Active TRE installation. IMAGE_18

The black, blue and pink wires are for the GPS.

DIY Active TRE installation. IMAGE_19

Small simple 3 components circuit.

DIY Active TRE installation. IMAGE_20

DIY Active TRE installation. IMAGE_21

Heat shrink around the exposed wires.

DIY Active TRE installation. IMAGE_22

Entire circuit and wires wrapped in self vulcanizing tape.

DIY Active TRE installation. IMAGE_23

Zip tied in place.

DIY Active TRE installation. IMAGE_24
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: DIY Active TRE installation.   DIY Active TRE installation. Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 4:16 pm

good job Kim nice and neat  DIY Active TRE installation. 3005623951
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: DIY Active TRE installation.   DIY Active TRE installation. Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 5:40 pm

Very nice job! Very neat and tidy too  DIY Active TRE installation. 2170595768
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: DIY Active TRE installation.   DIY Active TRE installation. Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 5:56 pm

Way above my head but I know some will find it very helpful, your a clever guy  DIY Active TRE installation. 3322349030
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: DIY Active TRE installation.   DIY Active TRE installation. Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 7:37 pm

Well in there Kim, good job done.  DIY Active TRE installation. 3498837457
Back to top Go down
kardax
kardax

PostSubject: Re: DIY Active TRE installation.   DIY Active TRE installation. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 4:23 pm

Hi,

about TRE, I just bought and installed Healtech's GIpro with ATRE, using it with setting 4, as adviced by instructions, so the question is, am I supposed to notice something?

I mean, I have tried setting TRE off and on, doing hard accelerations, and I do not notice any difference whether it's on or off.

So, maybe the effect of TRE might be quite small, that I just haven't noticed it yet, maybe because I have not done lot's of maximum accelerations, maybe I'll notice the difference later. Or maybe 2005 M800 does not have Timing Retard?

I'm a bit confused now, since I have read lots of experiences about how good thing TRE is on our bikes, so any ideas?

How have you actually measured, that how much TRE affects, or has all just used butt-dyno ? DIY Active TRE installation. 852880
Back to top Go down
DocSjulle
Hero Globs
DocSjulle

PostSubject: Re: DIY Active TRE installation.   DIY Active TRE installation. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 7:44 pm

I did not measure anything and think it improved 1st and 2nd gear.

Maybe I'll try to remove it again to I test it.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: DIY Active TRE installation.   DIY Active TRE installation. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 9:15 pm

Daves post when he fitted one link
Back to top Go down
mick9264
mick9264

PostSubject: Re: DIY Active TRE installation.   DIY Active TRE installation. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi, do you know if the values for fourth gear are the same on a 2011 m800 please? this is a great bit of kit and looks really straightforward to make, I am used to having a lot more power on my bikes so any improvements will be welcome. thanks in advance, Mick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIY Active TRE installation.   DIY Active TRE installation. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIY Active TRE installation.
Page 1 of 1