Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr

Go down 
+10
fat intruder
kardax
captain crash
Mr Intruder
OldManYam
peardrop3
Skidalot
Two-Bears
simbo
ashley_mcpherson
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Empty
PostSubject: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 7:40 pm

I am probably writing this in the wrong section but couldn't see one for a whole bunch of mods in one go. If there is a better place for this then I ask that admin put me on the right track please. 

So, I've had my M800 for best part of six months, started off brand new (2.3 miles on the clock, over 2k now.) and as it is my only mode of transport I quickly added some hard panniers ( http://www.customacces.com/tuning-bikes/hard-saddlebags-easy-model/c171en/f391-r168/ ) for my work stuff and a highway hawk passenger seat rest ( http://www.metriccruisers.co.uk/acatalog/521-1048a.jpg ) for my fiancé as she likes to come out on the bike occasionally. 

So then I starting looking around this forum and picked up a few ideas and one thing lead to another and now I'm getting a whole bunch of stuff done in a few weeks time. I have ordered the matte black vance and hines slash staggered exhausts,  a black kuryakyn hypercharger with Thunder Mfg adapter, a power commander V (which is getting custom mapped for my bike with the new intake and exhaust) I've also ordered the john's kits 2" lowering kit and forward control adaptors. 

My aim is for all this stuff to arrive before the end of this month as the bike is booked in for a whole day at my local suzuki garage (crescent Suzuki Verwood) on the 2nd August to get the whole lot done all in one hit. 

I will be happy to upload before and after photos if you want and I'm also going to be able to upload dyno graphs if anyone's interested. I have got the guys to run the tests as a stock bike first too, so I'll have graphs for a stock bike, then with the intake and exhaust before custom mapping the PC,  then with the new map. I'm hoping for some decent increases but we'll see. 

If anyone has any thoughts/advise/comments I'd be interested to hear them!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 8:25 pm

I'll look forward to your photo's and findings from the dyno time Ash  Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 3498837457 Do the Slash Staggered pipes have the O2 sensors on them?
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 9:06 pm

Interesting point, v&h say that the pipes won't fit my year of bike, further digging indicated that they will physically fit but don't have ports for the sensors. Garage says they've seen this before and know how to blank off the sensors and make the computer think everything is fine. That said, when I bought the pipes (from metric cruisers in Bournemouth with 10% off thanks to mentioning thus club/forum) the chap said the pipes have sensor holes and will work on post 2010 800s. I'll have a look when they arrive and let you know who is correct!
Back to top Go down
Two-Bears
* VZ Guru *
Two-Bears

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:51 am

Hello Ash,
Some one else on the forum is having problems with exhaust pipes relateing to the CO 2 sensors and the disabling of the F1 light,, we know how to do it on earlier bikes but apparently the wireing has changed on the later bikes ,cutting the pin23 wire at the ECU connector to disable the O2 sensor but no pin 23 wire later models 2010/2014. You say " Garage says they've seen this before and know how to blank off the sensors and make the computer think everything is fine" if you can mate ask your garage how they do that and pass the information on to the rest of the fourum,, it will be of great help.
Looking forward to the pictures mate.
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 8:48 am

Yes good point,  will definitely try to find out.
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Update: No longer booked in for upgrades on 2nd August. Got my V&H pipes in my garage, still boxed up (not looked for O2 sensors yet, but I will), got my John's Kits lowering and forward control kits in my garage too, still boxed up, the garage thats doing my work have my power commander v waiting for me too, but I have been let down by Thunder Mfg on the supply of my Hypercharger.
I bought and paid for it on 2nd July, and for the last 3 weeks, every Friday, I have been told the same thing; They're on backorder, we should be getting some in on monday and will ship yours to you as soon as we can.
3 times in 3 weeks I've been told this. Had to re-book my bike for 13th and desperately hoping not to have to push it back any more. I'm gonna miss the best of the weather at this rate.
Has anyone else been dicked around by Thunder Mfg?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 4:58 pm

ashley_mcpherson wrote:
Has anyone else been dicked around by Thunder Mfg?

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 18617 Me! lol I cancelled my order of the Tornado filter and adapter in the end, Funny thing was? when I complained via paypal they all of a sudden became very helpful and responded to my emails quickly, They even offered to dispatch one the same day?  Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 2917598063  I've read on the net somewhere? they're only a small family business and can't cope with the orders they receive but do eventually get round to making and dispatching them.
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks for the info, perhaps I'll try to gee them up a bit with a little PayPal complaint.
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:01 am

I just sent this via Paypal:

"I feel that I am being treated unfairly.
I ordered these parts in good time for them to be fitted to my motorbike on 2nd August (on which I had booked a day at my local garage to carry out this work and several other jobs for which I ordered lots of other parts for my bike, all of which arrived within a week of ordering.)
My order was placed 27th June, and paid for in full 2nd July. 
On 11th July I asked for the tracking number, and was told that it would be shipped 14th July.
On 18th July I asked again for the tracking number and I was told that they would ship 21st July.
On the 28th July I asked again for the tracking number, and was told the item is not in stock but the vendor had emailed their supplier for a status update.
I have already cancelled the day I had booked at my garage, and managed to re-arrange, but I do not want to have to do this again.
I expect better service and want my item delivered no later than 8th August."

Let's see if they can get their act together.
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:08 am

In the meantime, here is a pic of my bike as it is; Stock (plus hard panniers, backrest & GPS mount.)
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 10:09 am

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 20140711
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Nice "M" Ash  Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 102087026  when you get your other bits done pop some "before" and "afters" in the showroom to get the credit it deserves  Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 9:57 pm

ashley_mcpherson wrote:
Interesting point, v&h say that the pipes won't fit my year of bike, further digging indicated that they will physically fit but don't have ports for the sensors. Garage says they've seen this before and know how to blank off the sensors and make the computer think everything is fine. That said, when I bought the pipes (from metric cruisers in Bournemouth with 10% off thanks to mentioning thus club/forum) the chap said the pipes have sensor holes and will work on post 2010 800s. I'll have a look when they arrive and let you know who is correct!
Hi Ashley,
                A point of interest for you perhaps? I have the same year; model bike as you and also have the slash cut pipes. Been installed as supplied by metric cruisers on the bike since the beginning of April now and no problems to date. i.e. no sensors have had to be fitted.
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 11:18 pm

Thanks for the info, sounds very relevant to me!
So did the sensors your bike had from just fit into the pipes? Or did you just not fit them to the pipes and hasn't mattered (FI light not coming on)?
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:22 pm

Had a word with my brother in law today as he fitted my pipes for me and reading my earlier thread now, I have probably made it about as clear as mud to you!  Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 804997 
He told me that you have to unscrew or unwind the Lambda sensors out of the old pipes and screw or wind them into the new as the holes or mounting ports are there for them. (No FI light has ever come on).
He also told me to ensure that we both had the same exhaust system. As far as I can see we have. the only difference is that yours are in black. you can check mine out at metric cruisers uk part No. 18293 to make sure.
Hope this is of some help to you.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:26 pm

looking good Ashley!
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:42 pm

Ah, that does make sense now thank you. And yes, sounds like you do have the exact same pipes bar the finish. Mine are 48293. I was worried that I was going to have to disable the sensors or something but sounds like it's going to be quite simple. Thanks for the info
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 8:57 am

Update: gave up on the black hypercharger,  they had chrome in stock so asked them to send that instead. They sent it on August 1st so I thought I would get it in time for the 13th as I paid extra for 3 sat shipping....     It got lost in transit. It was stick in LA for 9 days and finally arrived yesterday at 4:30pm. So I had to cancel my garage slot and will now rebook for early September (after next payday. )

Moral of the story; Thunder Mfg sell good stuff. But don't buy it from them expecting to get it quickly. Took me just over 6 weeks to get a part that wasn't even the colour I or Gina llc wanted.
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:13 am

Sounds frustrating with the parts supply Ash ... but don't give up ... it sounds interesting what you are doing.

I guess you've not had a 'stock' dyno run yet - As Sim says the before & after comparison will be interesting.

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 3005623951  Yam
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:34 am

Sorry to read that Ash, I know they sell great stuff but there customer service, I have often heard is not the greatest.
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Ok, so it's happening. I have my lowering kit and forward controls from john's kits, I have my v&h pipes and clear indicator lenses from metric cruisers, and I FINALLY have my hypercharger from thunder mfg (all be it the chrome, not the black I originally wanted), and my local suzuki garage has my pcV all ready to go on. 
My bike is booked in for Saturday 20th, so maybe Sunday night I'll put up some before and after pics, a verdict on the performance difference, and I should be able to post 3 dyno results; 1-stock bike, 2-pipes and hypercharger before mapping and 3- after custom mapping the power commander.

Johnmc800 likes this post

Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Christmas has come early!  Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 1218875559 Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 3498837457
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Happy days Ash, looking forward to it but not as much as you are  Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 65147
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 5:54 pm

I blame you lot entirely for all the money I've spent by the way! My bikes only 6 months old and I'm already on the hunt for a VS1400 final drive even though I haven't had this lot done yet!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 6:03 pm

ashley_mcpherson wrote:
I blame you lot entirely for all the money I've spent by the way! My bikes only 6 months old and I'm already on the hunt for a VS1400 final drive even though I haven't had this lot done yet!

You're welcome!  Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 3498837457  wagg
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Hey we are all as daft as each other on this forum ! .... so go careful with the blame Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 2343124779 Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 3213823784 hyst Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 2740622253
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:42 am

Well, it is all done! (Except the indicator lenses, but need to get the right bulbs first.
The new pipes are on and sound fantastic, really punchy aggressive noise, perfect. People get out of my way now! (I have assured the mrs that this is a safety feature.) Also, the pipes do have ports for the o2 sensors, so fitted without any issues at all.
Hypercharger is great, looks brilliant with the valves opening with the throttle, also really enjoying the fact that it protrudes far far less than the stock filter box. basically in line with edge of the tank now, so no longer pushing my knee out away from the bike. super.
I'll put up the dyno results when i get a chance, but overall got 18% more hp at the back wheel compared to stock set-up. (I managed to get the dyno results for 3 stages; stock, then with the pipes and hypercharger, then again after the power commander had been mapped.)
2" lower at the back is just about perfect for me. Much better feeling round the bends, and even though i'm 19 stone and take the mrs on the back often, there was no need to adjust the suspension and haven't had any issues at all.
forward kit from johns kits is great too. I'm 6'6" so the extra leg room makes more difference than I thought it would, well worth it.
Before and after photos and dyno results to follow.
Back to top Go down
kardax
kardax

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Sounds great!
I'm currently waiting hypercharger myself, and tried to learn from your experience, so did not order it straight from the Thunder, but from Meancycles Miami. Let's see how long will it take, before I get it...
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 8:49 pm

ashley_mcpherson wrote:
Well, it is all done! (Except the indicator lenses, but need to get the right bulbs first.
The new pipes are on and sound fantastic, really punchy aggressive noise, perfect. People get out of my way now! (I have assured the mrs that this is a safety feature.) Also, the pipes do have ports for the o2 sensors, so fitted without any issues at all.
Hypercharger is great, looks brilliant with the valves opening with the throttle, also really enjoying the fact that it protrudes far far less than the stock filter box. basically in line with edge of the tank now, so no longer pushing my knee out away from the bike. super.
I'll put up the dyno results when i get a chance, but overall got 18% more hp at the back wheel compared to stock set-up. (I managed to get the dyno results for 3 stages; stock, then with the pipes and hypercharger, then again after the power commander had been mapped.)
2" lower at the back is just about perfect for me. Much better feeling round the bends, and even though i'm 19 stone and take the mrs on the back often, there was no need to adjust the suspension and haven't had any issues at all.
forward kit from johns kits is great too. I'm 6'6" so the extra leg room makes more difference than I thought it would, well worth it.
Before and after photos and dyno results to follow.

I'll look forward to the Dyno results  Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 3498837457 18% at the back wheel is a good gain! I wonder what the Torque curve looks like before and after?
Back to top Go down
kardax
kardax

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 1:56 pm

I finally received my Hypercharger, it seems, that although Meancycles in Miami had the thing "for sale", they still needed to backorder the adapter from the ThunderMFG, so it took almost one month. Well, it does not matter, since my bike is alredy in the storage for winter.

Anyway now admiring the hypercharger in my hands, I started to think about the installation, and specifically the vacuum hose. I already know how to do the installation, but I started to think that would that actually have some effect to the vacuum readings of that specific IAP sensor, where I will be T-hosing the hypercharger vacuum line. There are two IAP-sensors along with vacuum hoses, one for each cylinder, and I will be attaching the HC vacuum line to one of these (since there is no other place to get vacuum)

You see, when I suck the vacuum line of the HC, it will partly close the butterflies, but they will slowly open, which means that the HC vacuum line/diaphram is not actually _fully_ airtight.

So I wonder will this be any problem? How was it with you Ash (or anyone with hypercharger) where did you install the HC vacuum line? Did you notice any change related to how the engine runs after installing the hypercharger if you used IAP-sensor hose?
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 3:07 pm

Interesting you should say that, I too checked the hyper charger when I got it and it was air tight. BUT 4 days after installation the valves stopped moving and i lost a little power, I checked all my hoses and they were sealed up no problem, so I detached my hypercharger and disassembled the bellows housing, the diaphragm inside was ever so slightly misaligned and had created a tiny opening on one side. I realigned it and tightened it all back up and have not had a problem since. It maybe worth taking the back of the housing off and checking there is a proper seal all the way around the diaphragm. It should be totally airtight and if it's not you may eno outer the same problem as me; the butterfly valves lock open and there is a slight but noticeable drop in power.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 3:35 pm

wow this is a great thread Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 184121345  will you be uploading the dyno charts and let us see some pic's soon Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 2584031210 Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 1211191488
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Yes I absolutely will. Been meaning to for ages, maybe this weekend if I get a spare 5 minutes!
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 12:29 pm

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 3005623951 Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 433968
Back to top Go down
kardax
kardax

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 1:04 pm

Excellent info there Ash, thank you! Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 3005623951 

So it shouldn't leak at all, ok, I'll open up and check the diaphragm of my hypercharger...
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 12:37 pm

Right then chaps, sorry I've been absent, I will be uploading pics and dyno graph later today, you lucky people you.
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 12:42 pm

That will be very interesting to see Sir, excellent work done.
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:13 pm

So here is the John's kit fitted. Love this thing, at 6'6" the extra few inches makes the ride much more comfortable. I also have the 2" lowering bones fitted, and the improved handling is great, as my center of gravity is normally pretty high.

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Johns_10
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:19 pm

Next up are a couple of shots of the sensor ports on my exhausts, confirming that the Vance and Hines twin slash staggered exhausts (part no 48293 for the matte black or 18293 for the chrome) will go straight onto a >2010 M800 no problem..

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Lambda10

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Lambda11
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Now for what you've all really been waiting for; the dyno results.

Below you can see the dyno charts measuring horse power at the back wheel against speed (done on a rolling road in a wind tunnel). Note: this is not engine power, but power at the point of contact with the road. I think engine power is something like 20% more, but someone with more knowledge than me will have to confirm that.

Lowest line: Stock bike (6 months old, 2500 miles, no modifications whatsoever)
Middle line: Hyper charger and V&H exhausts fitted, on Stock ECU settings (no custom mapping)
Highest line: Fully mapped...

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Dyno_r10
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:28 pm

As you can see, we went from max hp of 41.34 up to 48.68 after mods and mapping; a 17.76% increase.
I am more than happy with it, my mpg has of course slightly dropped, but at £16 a tank full, i'm really not bothered. It's not a huge difference.

But the 18% hp increase is more than noticeable. My Suzi is a beast now. The Power Commander V does away with the leaness and I'm pretty sure it gives you full control of the duel throttle regardless of gear. She accelerates agressively now, pretty sure I got the front wheel up the other day (only a little bit mind).

My top speed before (GPS Measured, not speedo) was 97mph. Now it's 106mph. So that's about a 9% increase. (I am 19 stone too by the way.)
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Now for some pictures...
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:30 pm

Actually, gotta pop out for a while. Pictures to follow later today.
Back to top Go down
kardax
kardax

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:05 pm

Excellent !
Great thanks you for the dyno results, very informative! Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr 2170595768
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:18 pm

Front of the bike before and after, to show the forward controls and hypercharger. This sadly doesn't show that the outer shell of the hypercharger is about 2 inches closer to the bike than the stock filter box, and with my long legs that is a huge improvement as before my knee was pushed out away from the bike. no longer.

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Front_10

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Front_11
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Next up the back end before and after. as you can see I have since removed my panniers and sissy bar. But you may also notice that the V&H pipes sit slightly lower than the stock pipes, and with the back end lowered 2" it makes it look much better (in my opinion)

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Back_b10

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Back_a10
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:27 pm

Here's a slightly better view for showing that the hypercharger is closer to the bike than the stock box, before and after...

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Full_b10

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Full_a10
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:33 pm

here's the arse of her now, before and after, showing the difference between a standard plate and a 7x5. I was originally worried about it being legally too small, but I have no worries about it now, seen coppers walk past it parked up and not bat an eye. I think it looks far better. I like the chrome tips on the exhausts too, super happy with it...

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Rear_b10

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Rear_a10
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:37 pm

And finally full side view, before and after. Would love to know what you guys think. I have ordered a new cover for the hypercharger, a seat cowl, and a chin spoiler (i know!) so may have some more updates in the future, but here it is so far...

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Side_b10

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Side_a10
Back to top Go down
ashley_mcpherson
ashley_mcpherson

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:40 pm

Oh and one more picture just because. At least I don't have to worry about my son borrowing the bike for a little while yet, he can't *quite* reach the pegs at the moment...

Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Mini_b10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr   Hypercharger,  new exhaust,  Power commander V, lowered, forward contr Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hypercharger, new exhaust, Power commander V, lowered, forward contr
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next