Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What to do this winter?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

What to do this winter? Empty
PostSubject: What to do this winter?   What to do this winter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 5:19 am

I said I was going to leave it this year, but there's a few things I fancy doing.  The rims are a bit pitted due to lack of attention from the previous owner(s) & even though the spokes have held up well after the mammoth session last winter, I may as well go the whole hog.  So the wheels are probably coming out to be re-spoked with stainless & have the rims & hubs powdered black.  The lacquer on the fork legs are starting to show their age, so I'm planning on stripping them down & having them powdered as well (anyone stripped their forks down?) & give the calliper a blast of black as well.

I'm also looking out for a tacho, don't really need one, but I think a small traditional, bar mounted one would be good - any recommendations ?  Maybe a headlamp visor for an old-school touch & a oil temperature gauge (again, not needed, but in keeping with the bobber look)

Any thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: What to do this winter?   What to do this winter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 10:42 am

Should look good! Top yoke blacked out would look good too What to do this winter? 3498837457 don't forget the swing arm bag Laughing
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What to do this winter?   What to do this winter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 12:05 pm

I'd thought about that, but if I went down that road, I'd end up doing the spacers, yoke-clamps, headlight & fork covers & after a bit of colouring-in on a photo (nothing as technical as photo-shop for me), it was starting to look a bit "blacked-out".  Then I'd fell compelled to do the rear frame brackets as well.  Then I'd end up with chrome indicators against the black, which to my eyes, would be wrong, so I'd end up swapping them out for the black versions - at a cost of £130 !!  Although I like black on the bike, at the moment, I feel the need to keep a bit of chrome
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: What to do this winter?   What to do this winter? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 9:32 pm

Don't black everything out, go for a bit of contrast, Black yoke and bars, silver risers and fork covers and nuts on top of forks with black fork legs, black rims and hubs and ss spokes, should look good, don't forget the swing arm bag  Laughing
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: What to do this winter?   What to do this winter? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 3:50 am

You've got me thinking about the yoke now - that may work.  As for the swing-arm bag - I'm eyeing this one up at the moment - i think it'd fit in the rest of the black quite nicely 

[img]What to do this winter? Hk_zpsdruxtgkq[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do this winter?   What to do this winter? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to do this winter?
Page 1 of 1