Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winter Project (which one)

Go down 
+4
simbo
MarcinG
smart
bikerdave
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bikerdave
bikerdave

Winter Project  (which one) Empty
PostSubject: Winter Project (which one)   Winter Project  (which one) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:05 pm

Winter Project  (which one) T2eC16JHJHQE9nzEyOiHBRJNWKoGEQ60_12_zps1b2d0cfd

Winter Project  (which one) KGrHqZHJCQE8fMTSLgdBPLikcIw60_12_zps9166d266

Winter Project  (which one) KGrHqNrUFCNqzWhbBQsgkb3C3Q60_12_zps8ddf96aa

Love my Volusia but feel like the rear end don't look right. Thinking of removing the rear light and indicators and replacing it with one of these. Any comments on do it or leave it alone and which light do you think looks best would be a help.

RIDE SAFE EVERYONE.
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Re: Winter Project (which one)   Winter Project  (which one) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:18 pm

personally i prefer the tombstone one think it would suit the volusia's lines Winter Project  (which one) 3498837457
Back to top Go down
bikerdave
bikerdave

PostSubject: Re: Winter Project (which one)   Winter Project  (which one) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:25 pm

That's the one I'm looking at. Another option I have is to fit a rear light on my side mount licence plate and leave the back end clear.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Winter Project (which one)   Winter Project  (which one) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Cut two holes in fender and install Honda Rune-like lights Winter Project  (which one) 1819138991
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Winter Project (which one)   Winter Project  (which one) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:29 pm

I'll say go for it Very Happy That's one of my jobs for winter too! I'd say top light picture, I've got one of the second down but with a skull lense and it's poor quality to say the least! Will you be fitting it above your side mount reg or back on the fender?
Back to top Go down
bikerdave
bikerdave

PostSubject: Re: Winter Project (which one)   Winter Project  (which one) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:33 pm

Don't know which way to go yet. Thought just came to me Sim while I was standing outside having a fag. That's where I get all my inspiration from while I'm away from the better half. lol.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Winter Project (which one)   Winter Project  (which one) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 10:27 pm

Without being boring, bear in mind the idea of a rear light is for your protection,the better the illumination the better.The way I look at it I cant see it so I dont mind it being big.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Winter Project (which one)   Winter Project  (which one) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:47 am

My choice would be the Maltese Cross mate but your bike is your bike so go with the one that you like best. Winter Project  (which one) 3498837457
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

PostSubject: Re: Winter Project (which one)   Winter Project  (which one) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 10:18 pm

For my 2cs worth, things such as Maltese crosses and sculls are to cliche. I can't stand them, riding is about freedom though so if you like it go with it. For me swapping one form of conformation with another is a waste of time. Why not go for something different, unique even?
Back to top Go down
oiler
Saint Oiler the 1st
oiler

PostSubject: Re: Winter Project (which one)   Winter Project  (which one) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:23 pm

For me, it'll be a really good wash down, dry off with 'Air Force Blaster' (worth every penny) and cover chrome in WD40. Continue to ride !
Back to top Go down
bikerdave
bikerdave

PostSubject: Re: Winter Project (which one)   Winter Project  (which one) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:48 pm

After reading Alfie92 statement about being seen which I totally agree with I placed a bid and won a brand new tombstone light for £5. Working as a recovery driver for a car bodyshop and breakdown company we have agreed a price of £50 for them to fit, wire, fill in and respray the bike for me once the light arrives. So the next question is what can I do now for a winter project lol.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Winter Project (which one)   Winter Project  (which one) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:16 pm

Sounds like you've struck a good deal there Dave Winter Project  (which one) 2170595768 as for a winter project? what about turning it into a Bobber Winter Project  (which one) 2343124779 seriously though, you wouldn't regret doing the 1400 drive mod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter Project (which one)   Winter Project  (which one) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter Project (which one)
Page 1 of 1