Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

is the finale drive correct for my bike

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ficus4p
ficus4p

is the finale drive correct for my bike Empty
PostSubject: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 6:36 pm

I got a 2010 suzuki m 800, and Im thinking about doing the vs 1400 final drive mod as alot of my driving is at motorway speeds.

Found a guy selling this 
is the finale drive correct for my bike Kopi_a10

https://servimg.com/view/19432258/1

will this fit my 2010 model an how much of this do I need.

He is selling the final drive for 130 punds fair price ?
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 6:54 pm

yes it will fit & all you really need is the diff section & the spacer which if you read the section about fitting will explain what else needs to be done etc ok?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 7:03 pm

Good price! make sure it's not a 750 or 800 drive and is definitely from a 1400, you can tell from looking at the plate with the big seal in it on the other side.
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 7:10 pm

peardrop3 wrote:
yes it will fit & all you really need is the diff section & the spacer which if you read the section about fitting will explain what else needs to be done etc ok?

just wanted to be sure before I spend the cash =)
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 7:12 pm

simbo wrote:
Good price! make sure it's not a 750 or 800 drive and is definitely from a 1400, you can tell from looking at the plate with the big seal in it on the other side.

like this ?

https://servimg.com/view/19432258/2

he is only selling me the final drive for 130 the swing arm is not a part of the deal.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 7:16 pm

Yes look at the back plate, I should talk eh Sim? Look at the section here about the diff & look at a certain picture that contains a number printed into the alloy back plate as this is the way you'll know that it is the correct unit! I got stuffed by a seller & had to buy another correct diff which was very costly all round as you can imagine!
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 7:20 pm

The number is 38B (B for Bravo) so if it aint got that it's not a VS1400 unit! ! ! ! !
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 7:27 pm

I can't tell from that picture? if it's got "38B" on that plate it's from a 1400, I think the two bolts nearer the shaft are bigger too (from memory) so it looks like it is, you'll need the metal gasket plate from between the drive & swingarm too  is the finale drive correct for my bike 3498837457

this is mine for you to compare.
is the finale drive correct for my bike IMAG0873_zpsjrscy6dk
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 7:34 pm

that's why I was telling the lad to read the write up for more info on what he wants Sim.
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 7:40 pm

metal gasket plate ?
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:05 pm

he confirmed the 38B, guess the money is changing hands soon.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:07 pm

ficus4p wrote:
metal gasket plate ?

There's a metal plate between the drive and swing arm where it connects together, you'll need it, the holes are spaced wider for the 1400 drive.
is the finale drive correct for my bike IMAG0874_zpsbtntn3bv
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:08 pm

peardrop3 wrote:
that's why I was telling the lad to read the write up for more info on what he wants Sim.

Good advice Peter  is the finale drive correct for my bike 3498837457
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:09 pm

Sir, you are a life saver =) The deal is done
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:11 pm

getting the final drive, spacer and metal gasket for 130 =)
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:11 pm

btw why do you need the spacer ?
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:16 pm

You will need to machine metal off it to fit the narrower drive unit or otherwise you'll need to modify your own spacer. You'll need to modify the shaft as well from YOUR 800 unit as you will see on the VS1400 diff swap pages.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:24 pm

ficus4p wrote:
btw why do you need the spacer ?

The spacer sets the distance between the wheel and the drive, have a read of this write up for some insight to what is needed  is the finale drive correct for my bike 3498837457

www.suzuki800.com/t2228-vs1400-drive-shaft-modification-how-to-thread
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 6:56 pm

final drive is bought, now I just need to find myself a used drive shaft, cheap! is the finale drive correct for my bike 4176454701
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 7:06 pm

ficus4p wrote:
final drive is bought, now I just need to find myself a used drive shaft, cheap! is the finale drive correct for my bike 4176454701

Use the one on your bike in the mean time and look for a spare at your leisure.
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 7:12 pm

simbo wrote:
ficus4p wrote:

Use the one on your bike in the mean time and look for a spare at your leisure.

honestly I really dont want to use my own... my bike is still under warrenty, so not changing the drive before that runs out(5 months left).

Also Im thinking about only keeping my m 800 only a few years, so I want to be able to change the bike back for sale. I need something more long distance friendly

is there anything I need to know when looking for one ?
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Good for you Sir, it will seem like a new bike once fitted.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 6:59 pm

ficus4p wrote:
simbo wrote:
ficus4p wrote:

You'll find most of them are advertised with the 800 drive as well, could be worth ringing the breaker/ seller and seeing if they'll sell you just the shaft? other than that? not much really, VL800 years 2001 to present and VZ800 2005 to present share the same shaft just to broaden your search a little.
Back to top Go down
ficus4p
ficus4p

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 7:09 pm

simbo wrote:
ficus4p wrote:
simbo wrote:

You'll find most of them are advertised with the 800 drive as well, could be worth ringing the breaker/ seller and seeing if they'll sell you just the shaft? other than that? not much really, VL800 years 2001 to present and VZ800 2005 to present share the same shaft just to broaden your search a little.
funny, I thought that the there would be alot of shafts for sale, when its used in so many bikes but not really. Most is from the US
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 12:06 pm

They are there but never when you make the decision to fit one, just keep looking every week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is the finale drive correct for my bike   is the finale drive correct for my bike Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is the finale drive correct for my bike
Page 1 of 1