Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips

Go down 
+2
smart
ippikin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ippikin
ippikin

Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Empty
PostSubject: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:06 am

Has anyone fitted heated grips to their 800? Any advice on what to buy and fitting gratefully received! Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips 1090754380
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: re Heated Grips    Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 9:18 pm

iv'e been thinking about heated grips for awhile now i fancy the heat demons that fit inside the handlebars but don't know about the switch mount i'd like to see some before commiting to buy!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:33 pm

ippikin wrote:
Has anyone fitted heated grips to their 800? Any advice on what to buy and fitting gratefully received! Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips 1090754380

no difference between the 800 and any other bike but the only ones that I could find with any bling to them at all were these Link I don't think you will go far wrong with Oxford heated grip as they are about the biggest seller of them
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:36 pm

smart wrote:
iv'e been thinking about heated grips for awhile now i fancy the heat demons that fit inside the handlebars but don't know about the switch mount i'd like to see some before commiting to buy!

I know Mr I was looking in to those as he does not want to sacrifice his fancy kuryakyn ones for the heat maybe he will know a little about the as we all know what he is like for researching stuff
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Re: Heated Grips    Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 11:31 pm

thats the reason i wanted the heat demons they go inside the handlebars and you can fit any grips you want i.e kuryacyn which are on my wish list!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 9:53 am

Yeah they are the ones that I will be getting, they are very clever and as already said you can keep your after market grips on. They have Clear, step-by-step instructions which are included with the Heat Demons
universal mounting kit. They also have a template to help you drill the
hole to run the wires to the control switch.
Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Heat_demons_internal_grip_heaters_3
Because the heat element installs within the motorcycle’s handlebar, you can use whatever grips you want! No more crappy looking grips
required to keep your hands warm.

Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Heat_demons_internal_grip_heaters_5

One button controls a combined total of 40W of heat energy. Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Heat_demons_internal_grip_heaters_4

Dimmable LED lamp allows you to see what setting the heaters
are on. The control switch is also available in either a black or chrome so that should keep you happy which ever direction you take your M or C in Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips 3498837457 .

Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Heat_demons_internal_grip_heaters_2
Back to top Go down
smart
Valued Member
smart

PostSubject: Re: Heated Grips    Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 10:04 pm

hi guys the cheapest heat demons i've found so far is £110 from windingroads.co.uk with a choice of switches chrome or black, for my vl it would have to be chrome Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips 123721 don't you just love it!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:48 pm

I agree chrome is a must for the C, very clever setup on these Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips 276246
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:42 am

smart wrote:
hi guys the cheapest heat demons i've found so far is £110 from windingroads.co.uk with a choice of switches chrome or black, for my vl it would have to be chrome Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips 123721 don't you just love it!
Sadly they ain't cheap but it's a darn site better set-up than the external ones, warm hands and still having your fancy grips on makes them worth the pennies
Back to top Go down
ippikin
ippikin

PostSubject: Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 2:54 pm

Yes, they look like the dog's danglies! Very Happy ]
Back to top Go down
ippikin
ippikin

PostSubject: Heat Demons and Bar End Weights   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Looking again at the Heat Demon heated grip system; does anyone know what the bar-end weights look like on the M800 internally? What I'm getting at is:

• When you remove the bar-end weight does this give access to the handlebar interior so you can fit the heating element?; it would make life really easy if you didn't have to remove the grips!

• Is there enough room for the heating element once the bar-end weights are re-installed?

Any tips/ideas? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Very good point Grob, the M & C stock setup's are the same so I would say that you probably can't fit the Heat Demons with Stock grips due to the way the bar ends install.
If no one comes back with a definitive answer by the morning I will go out to my workshop and dig out my stock bar ends and check.
Back to top Go down
ippikin
ippikin

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Very good point Grob, the M & C stock setup's are the same so I would say that you probably can't fit the Heat Demons with Stock grips due to the way the bar ends install.
If no one comes back with a definitive answer by the morning I will go out to my workshop and dig out my stock bar ends and check.

Thanks. If there isn't space I guess it would have to be the Oxford Cruiser Heated grips...... these have stainless steel ends on them (which it say can be removed so you can fit your bar end weights again). Just a shame if you can't keep your aftermarket grips!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 pm

ippikin wrote:
Just a shame if you can't keep your aftermarket grips!
No problem with the aftermarket grips, just a possible issue with the stock ones!
Back to top Go down
ippikin
ippikin

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:51 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
ippikin wrote:
Just a shame if you can't keep your aftermarket grips!
No problem with the aftermarket grips, just a possible issue with the stock ones!

Does that mean that your Kuryakyn grips do not have bar-end weights as such, Dave? Does this affect the handling at all? Do we need bar-end weights?
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:25 am

Mr I has got these on the end (not weights just Bling)

Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Image_7889

These grips have vibration damping so no need fo bar end weights

Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Image_6665
Back to top Go down
ippikin
ippikin

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:08 am

captain crash wrote:
Mr I has got these on the end (not weights just Bling)

Cheers Crash.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:35 am

captain crash wrote:

That's interesting. I am looking to dump my bar end weights.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 11:05 am

From my understanding of bar weights they are simply there to stop vibration but there are other options to get ride of this. One way is to buy grips like Mr I has with vibration damping, Mr I would be best placed to tell you how well they work

Other ways are to fill the bars with a substance such as silicon or even play sand, sounds strange but it does work.
Back to top Go down
scotland warrior
scotland warrior

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 12:29 pm

I have just orders the ISO grips and thats what Im doing, the stock are of and the bling is going on.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:57 pm

ippikin wrote:
Does that mean that your Kuryakyn grips do not have bar-end weights as such, Dave? Does this affect the handling at all? Do we need bar-end weights?
Crash is spot on bar end weights are there simply for the purpose of reducing vibration & have no other impact on handling. The grips that I use have contact with the bars via rubber only so there is no vibration transferred from the bars to my hands that I can notice. The bar ends I have installed are purely cosmetic and weigh next to nothing. This in turn means that they leave the bar ends empty and will readily except the internal heated bar elements, these elements will not install with the stock bar ends installed!

Here is my setup & for anyone that is wondering what the extra bit in the first pic is, thats a throttle boss!

Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips 05032011043
Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips 05032011044
Back to top Go down
ippikin
ippikin

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:02 pm

I guess that leaves 2 options:

1. Buy the Heat Devils warmers and fit Kuryakyn grips (or ideal for those of you that already have them).... but extra expense for those of us who don't........ or

2. Fit the Oxford Cruiser heated grips, cut the steel end covers off and refit the bar-end weights (or don't bother with the bar end weights at all.....as the fancy takes you)

Hmm..... how much are the Kuryakyn grips?

Thanks for the help guys.... getting my head round this now!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:49 pm

ippikin wrote:
Hmm..... how much are the Kuryakyn grips?
The setup I have is not cheap but I was happy with it. The problem is as you say I already have it setup and only need to add the demons, where as you are starting off with the stock setup
£13.40 - Kuryakyn Throttle Boss
£33.10 - Kuryakyn Stiletto End Caps
£54.68
- KuryakynGrips with Chrome Accent Rings
£90.92 with discount
You may Find cheaper by browsing the net
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips   Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone Fitted Heated Grips
Page 1 of 1