Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bought a triumph

Go down 
+5
Mr Intruder
oiler
simbo
Bluesman
Bunso Steel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:05 am

Got a new bike just over a week ago, didn't get round to taking any pictures until saturday. It's a triumph tiger explorer, their new 1200cc 'adventure' bike.

Don't worry, I still have the intruder! I just thought I'd show you guys and see what you think..

Bought a triumph Tiger4.Bought a triumph Tiger2Bought a triumph Tiger3Bought a triumph Tiger
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:36 pm

Brilliant! An adventure bike does all the things an Intruder doesn't do so well and vice-versa. They balance out nicely. I have a V-Strom 650 which is not quite in the same league but similar. Nice for the winter and not so good weather. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:46 pm

Nice bike Joe, a well sorted machine that can cope with almost any style of riding Bought a triumph 102087026
Back to top Go down
oiler
Saint Oiler the 1st
oiler

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:56 pm

As long as you still have the Intruder. Your new bike is a peach, sadly, I'm one of those poor sods who can only afford one bike at a time. But enjoy them both, why not ? Life's to short......... I think it's shaft drive. Very sensible. when you get to my age, you'll find that checking/oiling chains is just toooo much bother But, well done you.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Fantastic bike, well impressed with your choice Bought a triumph 3498837457
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Sound looking bike love Triumphs.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 12:23 am

Very nice mmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:50 am

How you getting on with the Triumph then?
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Really enjoying it cheers mate. At the moment I find I'm riding it much more than the intruder on account of it getting a lot colder round here. Been getting frozen fingertips some nights on the intruder but the hand guards on the tiger seem to make quite a lot of difference, keeping the majority of the windchill off you. Tomorow Im taking it back into the dealer to have my panniers fitted, and so I forsee even more usage over the intruder in the coming months. Intruder has done over 4000miles without its first service yet, so may get that sorted soon and possibly put it to bed for a few months depending on how cold it gets. Bought a triumph 3999423852
Back to top Go down
Bluesman
Very Valued VIP Member
Bluesman

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:47 pm

Bunso Steel wrote:
Really enjoying it cheers mate. At the moment I find I'm riding it much more than the intruder on account of it getting a lot colder round here. Been getting frozen fingertips some nights on the intruder but the hand guards on the tiger seem to make quite a lot of difference, keeping the majority of the windchill off you. Tomorow Im taking it back into the dealer to have my panniers fitted, and so I forsee even more usage over the intruder in the coming months. Intruder has done over 4000miles without its first service yet, so may get that sorted soon and possibly put it to bed for a few months depending on how cold it gets. Bought a triumph 3999423852

Glad you are having fun with your new bike. I have not got handguards on my V-Strom but am thinking of getting some and/or heated grips. It's nice to have a bike for different conditions. I think I would winterize my Intruder in your situation. My Intruder stood up pretty well to the weather but there was a bit of rust when I part exed it after 2 years (dealer did not even look at it so why worry!). I think for one bike the M is perhaps the better choice over the C as far as the wet goes although that depends on the individual and how it is used. You have the best of both worlds nowBought a triumph 3498837457 .
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:02 pm

Woah... that's one mean looking adventurer.
Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Really glad your enjoying it Joe, after riding off roaders for many years, I have always fancied a descent adventure bike Bought a triumph 3498837457

As for the cold hands on the intruder, have you thought about hand guards?

(Link for the DIY'er)

Bought a triumph IMG_0410

(Link for the shop bought)

Bought a triumph HDHOMN5502VT1100C2SABRE_600
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:12 pm

sweet bike joe hope your getting alli hard boxes but any boxes are better than none happy travels
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 10:22 am

Yep Morgan they are hard boxes, got the Triumph ones added as extras and had them fitted on monday. They are the best ones I have ever used so far, loads of space (well the left one does anyway, the right one is cut away a bit so that it wraps around the exhaust) and they also have an elastic luggage net inside. Turn the key all the way round and the carry handle pops up and the bracket unlocks so you can take the whole thing off like a suitcase. Because they are square shaped they are much easier to store things in than the aerodynamically shaped panniers on the Pan European, and the locking mechanism feels more secure, so no worries about it bursting open when crammed full of stuff.

I did use the Intruder over the past winter just as much as the Pan, and its ok for getting around on but I swear I nearly got frostbite in my thumb! I made the mistake of putting it on the radiator when I got back aswell. I won't describe what that felt like. Thanks for the link to the hand guards, yours look really good. I have thought about winterising it, but then again I bought the triumph to be a go anywhere at anytime bike, so I don't need to put the time or money into modifying the intruder (although many of our members have demonstrated this can be done for little to no money). If I'm going out in winter I'll take the more practical bike. I'll just leave the intruder for the nicer weather and shorter rides. It suffered a lot from the winter exposure last year, (lots of rust) so this year I want to try and look after it, maybe I'll even clean it! affraid But thanks for your suggestions guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bought a triumph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bought a triumph   Bought a triumph Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bought a triumph
Page 1 of 1