Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

* Opened up air box and added Blue led's *

Go down 
+2
captain crash
Mr Intruder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

* Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Empty
PostSubject: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 4:12 pm

Decided to fully open my air box and make that fugly looking thing that Mr Suzuki put there a little nicer to look at, as you can see from the following pictures.

First job was to cut the front off air box with my trusty Dremmell.

* Opened up air box and added Blue led's * IMG_0840

Next was to cut, shape & glue some metal meshing for the big hole that I was left with. I popped in to B&Q for a small sheet of this which cost about £8 I think.

* Opened up air box and added Blue led's * IMG_0839

While I was in the air box I swapped out the led's that were in there from my original modification a couple of years ago, as they were a different blue from the rest of the bike and replaced them with some that match the rest of the lighting.

You'll have to excuse my bike as it's dirty but here are a couple of pictures of the end result, Can't wait to see what it looks like tonight when its dark outside. Should look ace I reckon.

* Opened up air box and added Blue led's * IMG_0844

If you look closely in this one you can see my K&n air filter, which will stand out more at night.

* Opened up air box and added Blue led's * IMG_0846
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Looks really cool dave, nice job done. Looks so much better than stock * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * 2170595768
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 6:04 pm

Looks brilliant!!

What about all the crap that will get into the filter now though?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 6:11 pm

* Opened up air box and added Blue led's * 2170595768 Looks Great ! * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * 276246
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Cheers guys * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * 256401
MarcinG wrote:
Looks brilliant!!
What about all the crap that will get into the filter now though?
Thats what the filters there for mate. The only difference between your stock intake and mine is that your intake is at the back of filter box & mine is at the front. Because of the modifications I have done to my bike, I can not get away with the restrictive air flow of the tube the stock intake uses alone.

Some of the filters for aftermarket enhancement (most use K&N) are completely open, with no cover at all.
* Opened up air box and added Blue led's * AN-M-1200_200

The hypercharger for instance sucks the air in from the direction of travel
* Opened up air box and added Blue led's * T_standard%20Hypercharger_chrome

Last edited by Mr Intruder on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Hmm true...forgot about the hypercharger facing front. * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * 474255
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 3:18 pm

Nice job, how did you cut the hole so perfectly?

would love to see it at night
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 4:44 pm

I just taped up the area that I wanted to cut & then kept adjusting the tape to get it right and then went for it.
I used the Dremmell with a circular cutting bade * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * 3815 and then used the Dremmell again with a fine grinder head * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * 2219
After that a bit of sand paper to finish off The Air box cover which although very strong, is very easy to cut with the Dremmell.

I will try to get a couple of night time pics during the week Joe
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Looks good Dave and it's a nice job * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * 2170595768 but if you sprayed the mesh matt or even gloss black it would show the internals & LED's up more possibly ? it would certainly make the mod more contrasting to the chrome and silver mesh ?
sorry I can't stop thinking and looking for idea's, It's my nature.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:15 am

I will spray the mesh black then, who am I to ignore a master paintsmith * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * 3498837457
As for not being able to stop looking for idea's, I have the same disease & I am sorry to tell you its untreatable * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * 852880
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 1:11 pm

Well done Dave another excellant job.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 6:57 am

Cheers Alfie, always good to get a compliment from a fellow modder * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:12 am

Just found a link to these. Pretty cool if you ask me! Might have a go at a simple one myself
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:20 pm

I have come across "Duck's" covers before but I was just not prepared to pay out that kind of money but they look great.
I think that anyone with a steady hand and a lot of patience could do what they do with a Dremmell. In hindsight after doing my own in a very basic way, I wish I had done a much more elaborate design.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:25 pm

They do look cool some of those designs * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * 3498837457 But as Dave say's I'd rather buy a Dremel and have a go myself then I'd have a dremel for other uses as well, The link gives a few good idea's for people wanting to do there own though * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * 996187811
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Be great to see a member do one with a bit of design in it, real food for thought * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * 2645662097
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 7:10 pm

Those designs have got me thinking that I really wish I had gone for it with the design. I will keep my eyes peeled on fleabay for another cover yo mod up now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: * Opened up air box and added Blue led's *   * Opened up air box and added Blue led's * Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

* Opened up air box and added Blue led's *
Page 1 of 1