Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Biker boots - which for classic look

Go down 
+7
oiler
doobie
Badger
simbo
Bluesman
Bunso Steel
captain crash
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 7:11 pm

I got over it to be fair...

I enquired and received an email back from getgeared saying that I can freepost it back for exchange but I'm starting to wonder if it's worth the hassle.

Pullstrap is not exactly a key feature and since I'd have to pay extra for tracking of parcel (just in case) I might as well go to Timpsons and ask them to reinforce both boots.

Dunno....

They seem comfortable although I can't imagine what crossed the designers head when he decided to to add hook n loop fasteners in between boot shaft and tongue...
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 5:55 pm

Sorted.

Screw sending it all back. I went to Timpson today, the young lad looked at it, whacked a drop of glue, not a sign that something was wrong.

I won't be using the pullstraps anyway so perfect solution.

And the best part...free of charge. Gotta love those chaps @ Timpson.

Now...bring on the weather!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Glad you got sorted Marcin Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:59 am

Glad you got over the issue without to much upset
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Boots seem good, I tried them today.
What's disappointing though is that they're soft where clutch goes and it hurts after a while of shifting. Dave, how do you get around that problem?
I don't shift with the tip of shoe so maybe that's the issue but the hard tip is small anyway.

I feel a leather mod coming. Hard leather patch glued/stitched to reinforce the area. Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 2747638305
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:06 pm

I have a heel toe shifter.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:11 pm

Ah Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 474255

Well..who said we can't mod boots Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 215375
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 8:21 pm

When
I said to her, come and take a picture of my boots, she did it straight away but I get a look that clearly indicates that she thinks I have a screw loose Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 551160305 or the look could have been god now hes got a bluddy boot fetish
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Do know about you Dave but my boots started to show ugly creases.
Then I've read again the notes on getgeared and it does state that they need treatment prior to ride outs.

Got some dubbin today and laid it thick and man what a difference...the leather has come to life and is no longer dry...factory dry..strangely.

So if you haven't...get em treated :)
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Cheers Marcin, mine are the same and I treated them before I even put my foot in the, and the creases are to be expected. I always treat all my new boots from the off as laziness when I was younger has taught me that creases become slits when not polished or treated. The creases are to be expected but treatment keeps them as just creases.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:30 pm

dubbin's great stuff got mine from sports direct although it took a while for someone to show me were it was (young fools) got it about 4 months ago it was on there clear out bit so i got a quite a big tub for one pound thirty i know it works really well on boots does anyone know if you can put it on leather jackets as thats what i was thinking of putting it on next
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:46 pm

I was thinking the same thing actually...my Held leathers are rather on the dry side too so I will treat them too however very sparringly as dubbin is tad sticky
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 pm

let us know how it turns out should be fine i think the leathers good on my jacket i was hopeing to maybe supple it up a bit
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 4:15 pm

I have always used good quality liquid boot polish on my leather jackets.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:29 pm

I was thinking of cleaning the leathers today and since I got dubbin I thought it should do. But I checked online and all of a sudden hordes of people are screaming that dubbin is bad, damages stitchings and allegedly jacket panels come undone over time due to impact over time on stitches.

Im confused now and I reckon is a lot of drama but I thought to check with you guys as well.
My local Timpson actually recommended applying dubbin in all nooks and cranies on boots to waterproof them so things were never so contradictive.

what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:48 pm

To be honest I have never heared that before about stitching rotting, after all dubbin has been used to protect leather for a millenium. I Have used it on my rigger boots which I have worn every winter during the worst parts of winter for the last 8 years and they are in pretty good condition, especially when you consider I only wear them when icy or snowing and then they get chucked to the back of the shed again.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 7:28 pm

That don't make sense as dubbing is used for mountain boots and hill walking boots which are boots that are used to the excess. If that was the case they wouldn't use it I wouldn't have thought. Sounds like an out of control myth to me
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Allegedly if munches through cotton stitching, nylon is OK.

But yeah...sounds like a myth to me too...
My jacket and trousers are very dry, matt leather so I will give them a good rub :}
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Remember that dubbin is a bit tacky though mate. If you are set on using dubbin to refresh your old leathers, I would generously apply it when you can leave them for a few days . This would allow it to soak in as much possible, I would then buff off the excess before I wanted to use them, as this would also help work it right in.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Good advice...

I noticed that when I applied loads on boots... I think it's still soaking in HAHA Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 2343124779
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biker boots - which for classic look   Biker boots - which for classic look - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biker boots - which for classic look
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2