Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My brake light works, but my tail light does not function..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jlink0424
Prospect
jlink0424

My brake light works, but my tail light does not function.. Empty
PostSubject: My brake light works, but my tail light does not function..   My brake light works, but my tail light does not function.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:10 am

Hello, My '90 Intruder has some issues in that my tail light is not functioning, however, my brake light works when applying either brake. The bulb has been replaced, I had even taken it to a shop prior, had it fixed and she's having issues again. Is there anything that it could be that I can take care of myself?
Thanks,
Jason
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: My brake light works, but my tail light does not function..   My brake light works, but my tail light does not function.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:01 am

Firstly whar did they fix or replace and do you have a voltage meter?
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: My brake light works, but my tail light does not function..   My brake light works, but my tail light does not function.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:02 am

I believe there are only 3 wires to the combination running/brake light, one earth and two live wires. What did they fix or replace and do you have a voltage meter? It does sound like a corroded connection from what you have said
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: My brake light works, but my tail light does not function..   My brake light works, but my tail light does not function.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:48 pm

I would have the rear light apart and clean the connections, do the same with the handlebar light switch and then put a dollop of Vaseline in there and all around the connections.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: My brake light works, but my tail light does not function..   My brake light works, but my tail light does not function.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Dodgy earth? Check for any moisture, signs of cable fraying or poor connections, then as Mr I says, add some vaseline. Hope you get it sorted.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: My brake light works, but my tail light does not function..   My brake light works, but my tail light does not function.. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:42 pm

The rear Brake/light combo is made up of a single earth and 2 lives so the earth at the bulb is good. However the live may not be good at the bulb but it is a very simple wiring system that is easily followed so if cleaning the connections doesn't work a volt meter is required to see where it is ending.
Back to top Go down
jlink0424
Prospect
jlink0424

PostSubject: Re: My brake light works, but my tail light does not function..   My brake light works, but my tail light does not function.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks, I've got the night off so I may try tracing it back. Also, my receipt from the shop says, "wire coming out of ignition switch had came out of the connector, pushing the connector back in and taped the wiring back together." I will take a look around the wiring as well...
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: My brake light works, but my tail light does not function..   My brake light works, but my tail light does not function.. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Yeah you can bet the issue is in the same place, let us know how you get on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My brake light works, but my tail light does not function..   My brake light works, but my tail light does not function.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My brake light works, but my tail light does not function..
Page 1 of 1