Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New helmet design, would you buy one ?

Go down 
+5
doobie
Ian800
Mr Intruder
alfie92
Two-Bears
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Two-Bears
* VZ Guru *
Two-Bears

New helmet design, would you buy one ? Empty
PostSubject: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:29 am

I received this e-mailed to me today,, i know they are after money but i found the idea quite interesting,,, far to expensive but in the fullness of time i should imagine that the price would drop. I also wounded what will happen in an accident or if the helmet was damaged, would the sat nav stuff be re-used or would it have to be scrapped.

http://igg.me/at/livemaphelmet/x/3591732
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Interesting project,as you say far to expensive,and accident damage.Would love to try one out all the same.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Great if your a courier rider but a bit overkill for most of us, still like to try it though all the same, cause I likes toys. mine
Back to top Go down
Ian800
Valued Member
Ian800

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Brilliant idea, I'd have one.  I hear they will build in a video camera if they exceed the amount they raise by $500,000.  Satnav and a camera would make it a serious consideration for anybody who makes a living riding or does serious commuting....if you could afford it of course.
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:15 pm

i seen one advertise with a rear veiw mirror built in. but for the hell of me i can't remember where
Back to top Go down
doobie
Valued Member
doobie

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:20 pm

ta daa found it
http://www.reevu.com/motorsports/what-you-see/
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Now that I do like that idea.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:43 pm

I want the top one posted by John with the rear view mirror added that was posted by Lez, now that would be the dogs danglies
Back to top Go down
Ian800
Valued Member
Ian800

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:52 pm

That'll be the Reevu helmet. Looks good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYFla-d1lKA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:02 pm

i like the top one was saying KFC 1.2 km thats my kind off lid hahaha
Back to top Go down
Two-Bears
* VZ Guru *
Two-Bears

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 3:44 am

I have had a go of the Reevu helmet a couple of years back, it was a demo model and i was loaned one to try from a helmet shop in newcastle, one mile up the road i was off the bike being sick in the gutter,,, the focal length of the image behind was quite long and the slightest movement of the head saw the image zooming around which attracted your eye to the moving image which moved your head which caused the image to zoom around ect ect ect, i was totally confused by it and had great difficulty concentrating,,, i actually ducked whilst riding shortly after a large red post office truck went by then seconds after this bloody great red blob appeared in my peripheral vision and as i say i ducked,,, most unnerving and nauseating.
To be fair a friend from east yorkshire was selling them at a discounted price of £200 a couple of years back, before the price went up, and he said that the image should be set just out of normal sight and you then purposely have to look for the image,,,, but it gave me weird motion sickness and i don't like things that make me sick so i shall stick with looking over my shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Ian800
Valued Member
Ian800

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 11:18 am

Interesting.  The theory is good but maybe it needs a bit more work to make it viable
Back to top Go down
a4ebh
a4ebh

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:24 am

I had a look at one too. Seemed like a Gimik to me. Not great if you have a passenger on board.

I think I'd rather try a reversing camera mounted on the rear of the bike.
Back to top Go down
Ian800
Valued Member
Ian800

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:43 am

Good point about the pillion, hadn't thought of that.  As most of my time on the bike is with a pillion it might not be the best of ideas for me.
Back to top Go down
Two-Bears
* VZ Guru *
Two-Bears

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:25 pm

Ah-ha I agree with Ian, yes what a very good point, a pillion would render it fairly useless and some of the people i've had on the back of my bike are Plug fecking ugly and the thought of watching their huge face stare at the back of me head is fairly dam scary ha ha ha.
Taking the point that Mack made about the reversing camera, a mate is about to buy a wireless camera/monitor set up from Halfords (I believe) as he cannot see anything in the mirrors of his new sports bike, i shall be interested in seeing that and having ago.
Back to top Go down
ghouluk
ghouluk

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:57 pm

i ran cameras on the front and back of my bike full time when i rode daily - and for a while experimented with screens so see what was going on. 

for me it was at best distracting, and at worst dangerous....but that might be just my easily distracted approach to most things Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New helmet design, would you buy one ?   New helmet design, would you buy one ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New helmet design, would you buy one ?
Page 1 of 1