Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth

Go down 
+3
captain crash
simbo
bigmal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Empty
PostSubject: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:26 pm

So.... been fancying a new helmet for a while to replace budget Nitro number. Tried a HJC flip front & felt claustrphobic, so deiced to just go for a better quality open face helmet and got me a Scorpion EXO 100 in matt black.  (Around £130). 

Seems really well made, has cool drop down internal visor, and is very comfortable.

There are defined ear 'holes' on the inside, so got me a pair of these Albrecht flat helmet speakers for £16 deliverd:

New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth $(KGrHqZ,!iYE5oq5oqPjBOfIHWDpJ!~~60_58

I disconnected the extension/inline volume cable, and instead plugged it into this KITSOUND bluetooth receiver, which includes volume control, skip to next track, etc. (and of course I can keep the decent yellow headphones for ipod or whatever)...

New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth $T2eC16Z,!zEE9s3!Yld1BRSdyhte1!~~60_58
The great thing is, the Kitsound has a little clip, for fixing to your pocket etc, so neatly fixes to the 'leather' part of the helmet like this:

New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth <a href=New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth 20130701_212102" />

Didnt want the full on intercom with mic, and based on a ride home from work today, it's pretty good..... in helmet speakers like this are never going to be as loud as in ear headphones, but it's a pretty good solution for anyone looking for something similar.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Nice job Mal New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth 2170595768 We've got a couple of the EXO 100s in gloss black, Nice looking lid and the flip down visor is a good addition New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth 3498837457 I'm liking that tan trim, it looks cool!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 10:33 pm

Well thought out Mal, make sure you let us know how it all works out on the road for you
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:06 am

Good post Mal, I always love to see what you will come up with next. New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth 3498837457
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:32 am

Hi Mal just ordered the Kitsound £17:99 great price,have got the speakers and a bluetooth helmet always good for a spare.Cheers m8.
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:31 pm

Very nice helmet, I was wondering as I have to wear glasses all the time. Would there be enough room for the visor to be moved up and down without fouling on glasses?
Back to top Go down
Ian800
Valued Member
Ian800

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 6:54 pm

I'm not sure about that particular helmet Jeff but I have an HJC Multi.  When I wear that in an open face configuration I occasionally wear sunglasses with it and the sun shield can still be lowered without fouling my glasses
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi Jeff
I just tried the helmet with my reading glasses on, and it fouls a bit. Having said that I went for a snugger fit this time than my last helmet which with hindsight was too sloppy.

So I wouldnt rule it out, but you woiuld have to go & try one.

What I've learned from this whole helmet buying exercise is I'll never buy one mail order! This one is only a MEDIUM & is a snug fit... not uncomfortably tight.... not unsuitable wobbly.  Whereas a LARGE  in some other make was way too tight!

No substitute for visiting an old fashioned shoppe!

Good luck

Mal
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Mal this blue tooth you have used, do you have part or model details? I have googled "KITSOUND bluetooth ", but I am getting completelly different models come up but not the one you have pictured

Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 8:07 pm

It's actually sold as a bluetooth headphone set, which is a bit misleading, as it's just a Bluetooth receiver whioch you connect to the supplied earphones, your helmet speakers, or whatever. But for the DIY bluetooth setup I wanted it's great!

ps... it's so lightweight, even if you dont have anywhere to clip it on the helmet, I'm sure it would Velcro on to outer shell.

It also claims to have a mic for phone calls.... can't see where.... maybe it's built into the earphones, so cant see that bit working. But TBH, all I'm interersted in is audio feed from Satnav & music from phone.

Here's the Fleabay link:  KITSOUND:

Also for anyone wanting the helmet speakers.... Speakers
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 8:22 pm

Thank you for your responces Ian and Mal, I think you are right in trying before buying.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 8:35 pm

That a bluetooth is a bloody bargain Mal, good find. New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth 3498837457
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:01 pm

On their site the manufacturer claims an RRP of £40 or something!
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 9:03 pm

ps... the audio through it is a little "trebly" rather than "bassy" but depending on your phone you may be able to change the audio settings Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 1:24 am

Probably a bit better to be on the side of treble when riding anyway, you will hear it at higher speeds. New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth 852880
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Oh oh............ very disappointing sound level when out on the road.

Filled my new phone with music... had the settings on full volume, paired it with the bluetooth thingy and I can hardly hear it!

I know the bluetooth thingy is at full vol, as it has a built in vol switch, and it beeps when it cant go any louder.

It also sounds like audio is only coming through one speaker. So overall result 2/10.

Sorry to you guys who bought some of this kit on the basis of my initial enthusiasm. 

Maybe it's some kind of compatability issue? So not sure what to do next. 

I'm not too bothered re the cost... it was all relatively cheeap, and the in - ear headphones and blutooth thingy are handy to have anyway.

Might have to go back to the old way and try the in ear earphones under my helmet. Certainly from trying them indoors, they are VERY loud!
Back to top Go down
Ian800
Valued Member
Ian800

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 2:31 pm

You might want to try the Autocom in ear monitors. I have a pair I'm using with an Autocom intercom unit and they're very good. The let a bit too much noise through for my liking so I've used the earphone modules and replaced the silicone bits with Auratech earplugs. The ceramic filter in the earplugs reduced the wind an mechanical noise whilst still allowing me to hear the intercom perfectly. I guess you're looking at about £45 for both the earphones and earplugs but it works well and is a lot cheaper that molded earplugs with speakers built in
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 6:43 pm

OK, so had a fiddle with the in helmet speakers... took em out and re fitted them. maybe a wire was kinked, so now they play through both channels. Went for a 30 mile ride round... combination of slower roads, and motorways, and frankly at anything over 55 it's hard to tell what tracks playing.

I guess unless the centre of the speaker is bang inline with your earhole, it's not going to be spot on. And that depends on the positioning of the indent in the particular helmet you've bought (or the position of your ears Wink.

So half way round my run out, called in a cafe for a brew, removed the in helmet speakers, and instead wore the yellow earbuds that came with the bluetooth thingy. They pushed well into my ear and didnt fall out when I put the helmet on, and the sound was way better.

Even at 70 the music was clear enough, and that wasnt at 100% volume. The fact theyre an in ear fitting also means they act a bit like an earplug & cut down wind noise etc.

I guess it would be bit of a pain if you were stopping & starting and taking your helmet one and off every few minutes, but this is mainly for longer runs.

So 10/10 to the Kitsound bluetooth thingy & matching earbuds (which incidentally comes with various sizes of bud, as WE all come with different sizes of ears!)
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi Mal,it must be the way you have the ear pads fitted in your helmet,I fitted mine today and found it sound m8,the one thing I did find is that if you press your number 6 button whilst you are playing music it seeme to bring the phone alive,there is a mic fitted it is the tiny hole above the charging port,I have now paired it to my Ipod to stop it interfering with the phone.Also I was wearing a full face helmet so this may make a big difference to the sound.All in all I was pleasantly surpised with the kit as it was so cheap £17:99.Glad you found a way round it as it is always crap when things dont go as planned.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:33 pm

[url=<a]New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth 2013-07-07222605[/url]">New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth 2013-07-07222605 Hi this is were I mounted mine,no discomfort and easy access.
My pic has not shown up.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:35 pm

Cheers mate. Yes I suspect the full face v open face thing makes a difference. And I expect Ive got funny ears Wink

That's curious with the number 6 on the phone... what phone have you got? Mines a Samsung S3 mini. I shall try that!
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:42 pm

Mine is the Samsung Galaxy GTI900 first one of the generation.What happens is you get a voice mail through the speakers,and a message on your screen on the phone saying "voice calling" or something like that,it must be hands free part of the kit,there again I love playing around, have not got a clue most of the time,good fun though.(you learn more).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth   New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New helmet & another go at cheapo bluetooth
Page 1 of 1