Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fi2000?

Go down 
+2
captain crash
Proudtexson
6 posters
AuthorMessage
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 12:47 pm

Gents

Can you tell me if this is the right kit for my bike please.

Fi2000? Dk209942

92-1827CL

I have the C800c 2013, although i think they are all the same from 2009 onwards. Want to make sure they are the right conections.

Ta all.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Not sure about the model number, the reason being is that for that model number I found this, so I will need to look a little more:
(Approved for California models, Same technology as the on-road Fi2000R model
)?

I searched and found 92-1827CL within the actual cobra site, if you wanted the CL part of it for closed loop because you are keeping the O2 sensors, even on after market exhausts?
Maybe some one else will correct or have other info?
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:52 pm

This is getting confusing, how many are there?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Yes Arron the connectors are the same as my Power Pro unit for 2009 onwards 800s, The model you choose though depends on if your keeping the O2 sensors or not, The 92-1827CL model, Like Mr Intruder says is for running with O2 sensors and the 92-1827* model is for running without O2 sensors

These are my connectors that attach to the injectors
Fi2000? Connectors
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:29 pm

captain crash wrote:
This is getting confusing, how many are there?

LINK

5 I think, Just follow the link and put in SUZUKI C50 (09-09).
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Yes I've still got the O2 sensors on aftermarket pipes. Thought it would be prudent, if I sold it on. Which I prob won't. Take it I'm mad keeping the sensors?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 5:44 pm

If you are keeping the sensors, you have the correct model. I just followed the image location and brought up the site it is from and yes that 3 pot Cobra of that # will exactly match what you require.  Fi2000? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 5:51 pm

Thank you Mr I.
O2's on or off then?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Different folks, different strokes.
My aim was and is always to get the maximum at every point from every bike & keeping the O2 sensors will be a minor under power for a few % of the throttle position. However unless your really chasing everything, rather than just wanting the bike to run better with the maximum additional power at all points, I would say leave them where they are but I never would though. However unless your in a drag race off the line with me or Sim, you would probably never really see the benefits of removing them being removed?

I didn't say that & probably wouldn't tomorrow.  Fi2000? 852880

Anybody else got a view on this?
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 6:15 pm

I'll keep them on then, one less thing for me to break. Now to find one that's not from the states. Don't have pay pal. Don't trust it.
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Arron I have used PayPal for most of my purchases for a couple of years now. I haven't had any problems at all. My Amazon account is set for automatic PayPal when I check out. 

I got my Fi2000 PRO From Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:43 pm

I have used Paypal for many hundreds of purchases, originally only ebay but for the last year or 2 more and more retailers are using it. I think it is as secure as any payment possible & the good thing is you never have to enter your details and give them to anyone once Paypal has them.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:58 pm

Fi2000? 428386 It's good for disputes too, as they favour the buyer.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 8:12 pm

azcam wrote:
I'll keep them on then, one less thing for me to break. Now to find one that's not from the states.
Hang on a minute, I thought from everything you had ever said about this subject you were determined that they were staying.  :what1:
I replied to your post earlier with this information gained through your numerous posts in mind. If it is a split decision then bin the fekin things and let your bike run as god intended, including the first 6% or so of the throttle use.

I think the thing to consider is, what do you want do you want to gain it from adding a fuel injection module & where do you want to gain it?
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 8:40 pm

Fi2000? 852880  Fi2000? 2740622253  Fi2000? 3213823784  Fi2000? 2343124779  lol!  Flippin eck that was short lived davey, didn't take you long.  lol! 

I think that is the thing to consider Arron, what do you want and where do you want it?

If you are keeping the stock exhaust on then why bother doing anything cause they are like peashooters and rather restrictive. If you are going for a FI Module then in my opinion you only do that with these bikes if considering getting after market pipes to allow a greater flow but if doing that you also need a hi Flow air filter as well as the 3 need to go hand in hand to get the best out of your bike or at least to allow it to reach anywhere near its potential. If your going to do those 3 mods then you must consider if you want the first part of your throttle left without any extra vavavoom cause the first part is very often the bit of acceleration that is really noticed. Not only from the stand still but ehrn gear changing and even at lower cruising speeds. There is so much to take into consideration when doing power mods and what you really really want is a major consideration cause it will not be cheap. People like dave have also fitted Timing retard eliminators to the other 3 power mods cause they are chasing every little bit available and will not allow a loss anywhere. 
What we need to be sure of is exactly what it is we are after and not to compromise in our pursuit of it cause why bother spending hundreds and not getting what we are really after with the bike. Better to spend slowly and get what we are after in the end than to spend quickly and not ever get there or end up spending even more cause what we have already bought ain't quite want we want
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:35 pm

Fi2000? 852880 
Arron Just go with what makes you happiest & we will do our best to help you in any way we can. If your not worried about the first part of the acceleration but would prefer a boost while accelerating then you have made the right choice. If you accelerate very hard from the off then maybe not, but just do what makes you happy.  Fi2000? 3498837457
I can see why members leave the CO2 sensors alone even if it isn't my first choice but there are still good gains to be had either way.  Fi2000? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 8:26 am

Members, thank you all for your comments.
The only reason I have left my O2 sensors on my bike, is as of yet I do not have the confidence to start cutting bits of my bike. Plus its still under warranty. As for what I want to archive from my bike. I wouldn't be fitting the bloody thing at all, its only because I love the spike air filter. I'm new to the bike game after only getting my licence this year, so I'm all about, how I get there at the mo. Not what time at. Again thanks for all your help.
Back to top Go down
DaveC
DaveC

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 8:59 am

Another  Fi2000? 3498837457 For Paypal, used it for a few years now, never had a problem
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:36 am

Aaron you are doing the right thing my friend as you can't have a hi-fo filter without a FI Module of some description fitted. You will see some great gains doing that as well. The Module you have decided on will give you good gains and will be easy to get it perfect for your bike if it isn't already set that way. They are tried and tested over many years by owners of these bikes so your on the ball, without to much unnecessary expense.
I have tried to find you a seller in Germany for ease as you said you want one delivered that isn't from the states. In a worst case scenario might be worth getting one from the UK but I am sure they sell them where you are but I will keep looking if your still having trouble.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 1:37 pm

So here is a question that you may know guys but may not, so I will just throw a spanner in the works.  Fi2000? 852880 
Right If someone bought a Cobra for a closed loop system but wanted to use it on an open looped system afterwards could there be an issue or would the need to buy another closed loop system cobra
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 1:54 pm

I'd have thought you'd just fit O2 eliminators, But you know what thought did  Fi2000? 852880
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 2:25 pm

Mr I
Thanks for your insight and help and the same to all the other members for their input.
I am glad to say that when I ordered my speedo from Marcing, I also got a Site Patch of him for my cut.
Which I cant wait to wear with pride as with out this site or its members my bike wouldn't be going the way that it is. Thanks to all.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 4:37 pm

No worries Aaron.

Right Crash, given the scenario you have placed before us & your want to throw a spanner in the works, I will do just that & say what I would personally do but I would ask that no one follows my advice as this is just what I would do:

Personally I would always be looking at getting the maximum at all points, no matter how much that small amount could be. Personally I would buy an open system & here are the reasons why. We know that these bikes come out of the factory running in a state that gives the maximum ability to please the emissions laws and expectations of stupid bureaucratic arse holes. So in doing so are not running at there potentials at any point within the rev range & particularly suffer in the low to middle ranges there in. So I would personally buy an open looped system knowing that this is still not giving me the best power ability when running with Co2 sensors fitted in the knowledge that I would personally be making the changes at some point in the future to the correct setup for the open looped system. In the knowledge that even if I never changed the system over, the worst case scenario would be that I was running a little rich at tick over and at the low throttle position within the rev range. To me that would be a better scenario than making the bureaucrats happy by running in a lean state at some points within the rev range to appease these areas because I would rather run a bike slightly fuel rich than in a slightly fuel lean state. 
I do not know these systems at all and wonder to myself why they actually have the 3 various systems Fi2000R Fi2000 Tri pot  & Fi2000 closed loop as to me these systems all seem to be Tri pot systems with a personal ability to change the fuel intake at the 3 stages mainly needed via the green yellow & red pots, with the green one affecting the tick over fuel & low revs. To me it seems that the Fi2000R Fi2000 Tri pot  & Fi2000 all basically the same with the only main difference being that they are all set slightly differently for specific uses but still containing the instructional ability to change these by a greater degree ones self. I can find nothing on their site that says anything other than they are set up differently, which is no more than them turning the pots to a particular position for you as predetermined by them and given a different name for each one as a result.

Please don't follow my personal preferences because they are at present just that & no more with the little I know about this particular system in question. There may possibly be something I have not thought of & this is just my current opinion as asked for & the way in which I would probably go myself with my current limited knowledge. However I would endeavour to research to a much larger degree than I have already, if fitting this or any other system that I do not know.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:43 pm

Just received an email from Cobra a few minutes back which tells me that what I have previously said is correct. It's up to you to read into it what you like. But my work on this subject is done as far as I am concerned as I don't have one & have no intention of buying one.  Fi2000? 852880 

My Email to them was as follows:

I currently have a Suzuki C50 (No year given) that has the stock exhaust system still in use with a CO2 sensor fitted because where I am I am supposed to keep them fitted. At some point I will be moving and changing to an aftermarket exhaust system that will not have the CO2 sensors fitted and I may fit a K&N filter as well.
Any help you can offer would be great as I can't work out if an open loop system will be any good for what I have planned.
Cheers Dave.

Cobra's Email to me was as follows:

Mike Lance

21:03 (7 minutes ago)
Fi2000? Cleardot

Fi2000? Cleardot
Fi2000? Cleardot

to me
Fi2000? Cleardot
You will need to get the open loop tuner for your specific year of C50. Just go to any dealer where you live or call one of the mail order stores and they will ship to your address. If you add a high flow air filter system, you might need to adjust your particular model. Each comes with detailed instructions showing you how to make those adjustments quickly and easily.

Thanks for asking Cobra, ride safe.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Good on ya davey so it goes to prove that the cheap models are all just pre dialed tripots with a different name stamped on them  Fi2000? 2740622253
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Nice to have it confirmed  Fi2000? 3498837457  So basically all your paying for with the more expensive 2000R and 2000R closed looped, is the piggy back connectors that fit the standard injector connectors and O2 sensors, as opposed to the T-Tap connectors of the basic FI2000.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:48 pm

Sounds like it  Fi2000? 852880
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 9:18 am

Very last Question i promiss

When you have fitted the FI unit or any unit, with the spike filter, does it make the bike sound different. Im just thiking back to my boy racer days when i fitted an induction kit to my omega. Im hoping to get a deeper tone to the bike with the filter.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 12:39 pm

The spiked filter makes very little or no difference to the sound  Arron.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:53 pm

Neither does a normal K&N filter replacement for the stock one.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 2:13 pm

Oh! quite surprised at that, but that's probably cause I've got my car head on. Thanks all the same.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 2:53 pm

To be honest Arron, when I had the large flat k&N on as a replacement for the stock filter within the original air box that had holes cut in it. If I turned my hearing aid up I could just about here it sucking while I revved it when stood still but only a fraction at certain revves.  Cars are a different story all together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fi2000? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fi2000?   Fi2000? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fi2000?
Page 1 of 1