Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Led wiring.

Go down 
+6
alfie92
captain crash
fat intruder
Bigredbus4468
Mr Intruder
azcam
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:05 pm

Fellow members.
After looking for ages and getting no where. Could someone please tell me what thread I need that shows how to wire the LED mod. Please take it slowly with me as I don't even know what a headlight bucket is. I've seen Mr I thread of where you could put them. But I can't find any thing that shows me where to stick the wires in.
TY as always
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:39 pm

It would be helpful to know what LED's you are fitting and roughly where you are planning on fitting them.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Thanks Dave. 
More or less the same set up as yourself and a few of the other members have.  As for LED's been looking at the these
 http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008YOZFA4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1391464021&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165..
What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Bigredbus4468
Bigredbus4468

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 6:45 am

I have the connectors for this power supply in the headlight bucket if you need them. The connector is not there on the 2013 M800. Check out my thread about ram mounts.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 7:31 am

Thanks Kevin
I now know what to plug some wires into, however, i still dont know what a headlight bucket is. Im assuming its a big bunch of wires that sits in the headlight housing.
TY all

Last edited by azcam on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:03 am

hehehe you don't ask you don't learn very nearly there Arron the headlight bucket is the headlight housing and yes wires inside  Led wiring. 184121345
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:33 am

Thanks Morgan.
Yes im geting there, the biggy now is what LEDS to buy??

Would it be easer if i just run a big extension from my house and just wrap a big rope light round my bike??
Back to top Go down
Bigredbus4468
Bigredbus4468

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:11 pm

I can help you with that too! We have a rope light in the garden so it looks pretty in the dark when we are in our hottub. Wink
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:29 pm

lol Nice one Kev :fpost: 
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:44 pm

The easiest way of doing it for the electrically uninitiated, would be to have a single Live/earth (twin wire) running around the bike or a couple of them. Possibly one for each side of the bike & just tap into these wires. That would possibly be better than tapping into separate wires around the bike. I am unsure off the top of my head (although will think about it) where exactly would be the best place to root these wires from on a 2013 model as it has been said there is no switched live accessory plug in the headlight bucket?
The only requirement really is that it would need to be a switched live, meaning only illuminated when ignition is on. Due to the minimal power drawn from of LED strips, pretty much any source would do.

What or where do you want illuminated?
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 1:01 pm

Dave

Like your self, i would like to go with the rad cover,speedo and under the fuel tank to start with. Then when my confidence grows, go for the wheels. Im going to check when i get in and look for the accessory plug and see if the C800 has it fitted if the M800 hasnt.
Back to top Go down
Bigredbus4468
Bigredbus4468

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 1:32 pm

I bet the C800 has the connector. For information, my lead for the phone changing for Satnav comes direct from the battery, but there is a switchbox under the seat to turn it off.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 7:25 pm

Bingo! 

I found the bugger i think? Tuck away and covered in tape.

Led wiring. Headlightbucket_zps64ecaf03

Led wiring. Spareconection1_zps075e4834

Led wiring. Closeup_zpsab5fbff1

Also what this little blighter for?

Led wiring. Mystery_zps40ba30fc

Led wiring. Mystery1_zpscb6a98d7

Looking forward to this Mod.
Back to top Go down
Bigredbus4468
Bigredbus4468

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 7:38 pm

So send me your address and I will past you the connector foc  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Just like to say THANK YOU Kevin, for your generous offer. Its actions like this, that make this club/site, a pleasure to be a member of. TY

Now to decide what colour RED or PURPLE
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 8:35 pm

Thats great to see, at least we know now  Led wiring. 184121345 
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:19 pm

That's great that you have found it.  Led wiring. 3498837457 

On a side note. A mate of mine is buying a new M and is happy for me to try and find it on that as well as he has some mods planned.
Back to top Go down
Bigredbus4468
Bigredbus4468

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:27 pm

Good luck Dave coz it ain't there lol...
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:29 pm

What's the other connector that I found, with the six pin female blanked off. Is that for a light bar?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Either way Kev he has mods planned, so I will need to find the best way of tapping into a 12v switched power source.

Just looked at the wiring diagram Alan and it is not for connecting to, I believe it is just part of the loom. The 12v switched live you have found is usually used for the light bar. Technically it is not for anything specific, it is just a 12v switched accessory socket.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:44 pm

Ta Dave . Well shan't go any where near that one then. 
And the Fooking dog has just dropped his arse in the bedroom. 
Good job the wife's asleep, or I would of got the blame...  :ill:
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Led wiring. 2740622253  So instead of you blaming the dog, the dog blames you.  Led wiring. 852880
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:57 pm

Purple go for strips about 36/48 these will be long enough for your needs.You have no need to worry about the power draw,for LED's draw so little and are pretty bright.When you are joining them together look carefully at the wire you will find one with a black trace and the other clear,put all your trace wires together,usually live,then you can run just two wires to your live source ie: headlamp bucket plug, or a fused link taken from another live source,if you wish to turn the LED's off you will have to put a switch inline.Do not try and make your LED's go to the power source,try and join them up as close to each other as you can then run two wires from them to the switched live,this make them a lot neater ie: under your tank both sides of the frame,a set each side, then under your console on the tank another set,this is a good start and by joining them up under your tank and then routing them to your either switch first, and then to your bucket with just two wires instead of six will be a lot easier.It is a lot easier than it sounds,I hope I have not confused you.If someone could show you a diagram of what I am trying to explain it would make more sense.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:08 pm

Totally get that Alfie. 
I like the purple but my bike has the candy red. 
But then ive read the post about the Red light....?
Are the flat type LED's ok, or are the bubble ones that most members have, the better ones.

Dogs always blame us, have you seen the looks they dish out when it's them..
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Purple will give you a pink appearance,not as obtrusive, blue always look good,personaly I would go with the bubble,they are the ones I have used.If you are going to put them on your wheels go for underneath the mudguards no moving parts then.When fitting them werever try and place them so they can not be seen directly,but shine down onto your nice shiney engine,and pipes,you will be surprised at how much they shine.If you are going to do under your rear mudguard you can always tap into your rear light cluster under your seat,but they will be on at all times the bikes ignition is on.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:33 pm

Led wiring. 512357 Note to self..... "Pull your finger out and fit the purple LEDs which you bought before Christmas"
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:51 pm

Some top notch advice there chaps, thank you. Well seeing as its too cold to fit the Maragge Tank decals, I think ill crack on with this mod. However i can not find any of the Bubble type LED in Purple. Any and all help will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:38 pm

Good that it is now clear that even the newest C800s have the accessory outlet in the headlight bucket. Running wires from there and even putting in a switch if required makes life easy. Don't think there is any real need to add a seperate switch for the LEDs tho cause they run next to no power
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 8:37 pm

The extra switch would be used to switch off the led's if the police are awkward,or if you do not wish to have them on.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 8:44 pm

I could of done with a switch a long time ago when I had an issue with a couple of plastic pigs because I was displaying very bright blue ones all over.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:00 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
I could of done with a switch a long time ago when I had an issue with a couple of plastic pigs because I was displaying very bright blue ones all over.

Ah, 'Shameless' Episode 999 lol I remember it well  Led wiring. 852880
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:27 pm

Led wiring. 3213823784 
Still makes me chuckle when I think back to that, those plastic's must have thought they had reached the twilight zone the way everyone rallied around to make sure they couldn't work out who I was after parking up.  Led wiring. 852880
LINK
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 7:39 pm

Well with all the help from you guys, will take on this challenge tommorow.
Last question and most important I think. On the connector in the light bucket, which is pos and which is neg..TY
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Don't know if colours are the same on all intruders, but here's one I made earlier...

https://www.suzuki800.com/t1916-mid-range-12v-accessory-socket-fitted
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 7:59 pm

Orange (live) Black/white stripe (earth)  Big Mal's thread does confirm this and yes all years have the same coloured wires on this connection.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:47 pm

thank you..........ohhh gunnaaaa have a red shiny bike tomorrow...woooo hoooo
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 8:49 pm

Good on you Arron, I think a red glow will look lovely.  Led wiring. 3498837457
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:08 pm

long as its a red glow from the leds and not from where its on fire from dodgy wiring
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:13 pm

:fpost:  Led wiring. 852880 Will you post some pics please Arron, I have some Red led strips I could put to use.
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:18 pm

will do sim
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:43 pm

Hmmmm.... Wonder where they came from Wink
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 10:06 pm

I've still got those Mal  Led wiring. 3498837457 How did you go on with the Purple ones you were looking for?, Arron, will you be putting a switch in the wiring to enable the led's to be switched off in the case of unwanted interest from the dibble?
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 11:16 pm

couldnt find what i wanted so i got red. I will put a switch in at some point, but ill get the basics in first. Plus the polizi over here dont give a toss...
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 11:18 pm

Never got round to it sim.  One day!,
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:09 pm

Well i smashed the LED mod today, took about seven hours all in.
Took it nice n slow and double checked all the way.
TOP TIP for this mod
9 Volt square battery, the one you used to lick when you was a kid. Its got enough juice to power as many leds as you want. So after each new connection or solder i checked it with the btry.
Save me loads of hassles, as i manged to break the wires when crimping. 
Only other drama i had was with the fuel tank which pissed fuel all over. For some reason the fuel cap dosnt make a proper seal so im not getting the vacuum. Not to worry the garage smells nice now. 
Bit disappointed with the left side as there's more cables to that get in the way hiding some of the light. Will sort that at a later date when i fit a switch.
Cost all in was about £26 quid as i had to buy all the lecky bits n bob. 
WELL HAPPY
So heres the finished article.

Led wiring. Rad1_zps52625a00

Led wiring. Rad2_zpsc5ba5ab7

Led wiring. Rad3_zpsea024daf

Led wiring. Rad4_zpsf95f1f34

Led wiring. Speedo1_zps7e044fde

Led wiring. Speedo2_zpsc3d0ebd1

Led wiring. Speedo3_zps6c233aef

Led wiring. Tank1_zps5311f3d7

Led wiring. Nite1_zps08415b8f

Led wiring. Nite2_zps70822cf9

Led wiring. Nite3_zpsf471acd4

Led wiring. Nite4_zpsf0914026

Led wiring. Nite5_zps0ddaa7df

Would like to say a big thank you to all the members that have done this mod before me, wouldnt of got this far wiht out all your input.

Also thanks to the Misses as the kitchen turned into a garage extension.

Now a few well deserved drinks i think

Last edited by azcam on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Fuck! That looks superb! All that red light reflecting off the chrome is cool  Led wiring. 2170595768 I must get my arse in gear and put some on mine  Led wiring. 65147  Enjoy your drink  Led wiring. 256401
Back to top Go down
azcam
Valued Member
azcam

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Cheers Sim, would look better if it was clean.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 11:45 pm

Very very nice job... Good tip with the 9v battery too Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:01 am

Oh man that looks the dogs bollox, very impressed.  Led wiring. 3322349030   Led wiring. 2170595768 

Great tip on the battery. Led wiring. 276246 
Friggin amazing, your bike looks great.  Led wiring. 2645662097  Led wiring. 276246
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Looks well,good tip on battery.Dont forget to do under rear mudguard to finish the job off. Led wiring. 3498837457  Led wiring. 996187811
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Led wiring. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led wiring.   Led wiring. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led wiring.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next