Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat

Go down 
+8
a4ebh
peardrop3
MarcinG
captain crash
alfie92
Mr Intruder
simbo
Rob Reimer
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob Reimer
Rob Reimer

Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Empty
PostSubject: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:58 pm

I would like to hear comments from owners of both seat types. The good and the bads of them. I like the idea of the comfort of the Mustang seat, but the profiler looks so sleek. Lets hear it Mates!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:28 pm

I can only comment on the Profiler and stock seat and not the Mustang (Which I believe is very good)..  Profiler... Rider, Very firm! But in saying that, It's more comfortable than the stock seat for me? it's the way your sat on the bike and my rear doesn't ache after 50 miles or so, Passenger lol.. Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 594857  I love the look of the Profiler and the way I'm sat on the bike plus I'm happy with the comfort, If your riding with a pillion though? Don't take your ear plugs out till they've calmed down  Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 852880
Back to top Go down
Rob Reimer
Rob Reimer

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:55 pm

Yeah, I figured the passenger on the profiler wouldn't be happy, but 99% of the time I ride solo. It's my me time!  Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 696333
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 8:27 am

I concur with Sim, as a rider I love it & the look but wouldn't want to be a passenger. Well unless an extra bit of sponge was strapped to my arse. They look so sleek and are so well shaped that they enhance the look of the bikes shape by flowing so nice. I did the suzuki800 trip to Normandy with it on and was happy with it, no way would I of been with a stock seat. Can't speak for Mustangs but they are reportedly very very comfy. I still wouldn't change my seat for another even on a free swap for another new one, I really like it.
Back to top Go down
Rob Reimer
Rob Reimer

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Thanks for the report guys, anyone have anything on the mustang?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 pm

There is a couple of guys with the Mustang on the site, So hopefully they'll chip in and give a review  Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 1337224149
Back to top Go down
Rob Reimer
Rob Reimer

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:51 am

Went ahead and ordered the Mustang seat. Got here yesterday, and it looks really nice. Going out to the garage later to put it on.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 9:08 am

Oh nice, your arse is going to thank you.  Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 852880  Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 3498837457
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Great looking seats,and very comfortable,by all accounts.
Back to top Go down
Rob Reimer
Rob Reimer

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:02 am

Here is the Mustang seat put on. Now I know why everyone says you won't be taking the seat off very much!Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 20140211
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:15 am

Great seats and your back will thank you as much as your arse, great to have the extra lower back support.  Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Very nice! It looks so comfy! For you and a passenger  Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 102087026
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:42 pm

They are supposed to be lovely to sit on, good on ya  Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 184121345
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:44 pm

My mate had Mustang seat on his Vulcan.

I sat on it and immediately started looking for socket keys to take it off and run away with it.

SOOOOO comfortable!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:00 pm

That looks comfy!
Back to top Go down
a4ebh
a4ebh

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm jealous. How much did that cost? if you dont mind me asking.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:22 pm

think "shedload" and add 10 quid.  Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 215375
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:38 pm

Hi Rob any chance you could give us some measurements ie: tank to were the rear rises,width and height please.Also how much closer are you to the bars.cheers.
Back to top Go down
Rob Reimer
Rob Reimer

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 12:55 am

I'm going to say an inch closer to the bars. Haven't taken it for a ride yet, but sitting in the garage it felt nice and comfy and comfortable. Foot position still felt good. As far as price I gave $380.00 US with including shipping. Bought it from Cycleplicity.com. It lists for $367.45 - 2% discount code (search for it there are several for this site) plus shipping = $380.00. Measurements are tank to seat rise = 13 3/4" width = 17 1/2" Height from ground to top of seat = 28" pillion seat width 12" length = 12" seat. Is wider feeling with your feet on the ground, but on the pegs it feels oh so good! Any more questions just ask.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:54 pm

They cost stupid money if you buy them in the UK.   I sent to the States.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:52 pm

Cheers Rob thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Rob Reimer
Rob Reimer

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Any time!
Back to top Go down
a4ebh
a4ebh

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 11:49 pm

Thanks Rob. That is stupid money... But sounds worth the value in comfort. I think I'll continue to manufacture my own. I made one for the passenger for $200NZ and we both love it. So the mark 2 drivers model must be worth a crack. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 2:11 pm

This is a comparison of the Mustang seats and the originals. [In front].

Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 12563450865_3c46ee2b6b_z
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 4:52 pm

The Saddleman looks so much better than stock for comfort, properly thought out. You should be sat in a seat rather than sliding forward as you do with the stock ones which just don't want you to sit at the back of them. Saying that though, as this is a "mustang-seat-vs-saddlemen-profiler-seat" Thread I gotta have a little more input than that. I love the look of the mustang but love the look far more of the Saddleman seats. Yo sit in them rather than on them and they have a far better looking seat shape in my opinion than anything else made by anyone.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 7:03 pm

Funny you say that Dave.
I never slid forward...always backwards...that's why I always have to have the passenger seat installed or I end up sliding off to fender. Then again... I'm not exactly short, maybe that's the reason.

I'd love both...saddleman/mustang.... but most likely will end up modifying the stock one...extra padding goes a long way I think
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 8:51 pm

Being tall must make your seating position very different then Marcin, as the seat angles forward. My short arsed legs always slid forward, which I found annoying.
Or maybe riding styles make a difference as well. I usually accelerate bloody hard but probably brake just as hard, shifting me forward. That's I guess where the profiler comes in handy, it's shape is conducive with my aggressive riding style.
Back to top Go down
Rob Reimer
Rob Reimer

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 11:09 pm

I'm with Marcin on this one, I wanted to slide back. I really likes the saddlemen seat, but my old arse  said get the big cushy mustang. The gel pad insert is a great idea for a budget friendly upgrade, I just like the way you sit in the saddle of the other two.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 11:16 pm

The saddlemen seat looks great, but my missis would be very sad indeed.    pale
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 12:06 am

Badger wrote:
The saddlemen seat looks great, but my missis would be very sad indeed.    Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_pale

I don't think mine earned me any Brownie points with the good lady  Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 852880  It's a good seat for the rider, but if you carry a passenger it's a big No! No!  Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 89218
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:03 am

I think the Saddleman is a beautiful seat that the rider loves because of it shape & looks. In my opinion it gives you the option of carrying pillions but is not really designed with them in mind. If I carry a passenger for more than a while in future, I will have an add on for their arse to save my ears.  Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 852880
Back to top Go down
Badger
Valued Member
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:14 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
I think the Saddleman is a beautiful seat................... it gives you the option of carrying pillions but is not really designed with them in mind.
I think it's designed for the owner to pick up chicks on the strip, and provide a quick run back to the pad to show her your etchings.   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 773589
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Bloody Hell Badger, if I picked up a chick on my bike, I wouldn't be able to sit down on any bike. Reason being that my wife's foot would be implanted up the crack of myself.  Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 852880
Back to top Go down
AmericanJambo
AmericanJambo

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 4:44 am

I actually have both the Mustang touring seat and the Saddleman Profiler seat. I love them both. I prefer the looks of the Profiler by far and away. If I'm riding in town or if I'm on the highway for under 6 hours I keep the Profiler on. If I've got a rider on the back or for multiple day lomg distance riding I put on the mustang. The profiler is not friendly for a second rider for more than a couple hours. I've had some girls who aren't experienced riders xomplain about the comfort of the Profiler after lass than an hour.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:19 am

Nice one AJ you have two beautiful seats there, your a lucky dude. A seat for every occasion & look.  Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 3498837457
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga
TaurusTuga

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Sorry for the off-topic Dave, but…

Here in Portugal, there's a man named Jovani Trujillo an upholsterer of seats specialized in motorcycles and modifications in foams and upholstery designs. Works with the best foams, and visco elastic gel for improving comfort.
Unfortunately, he doesn't send abroad. But i know that he is one of the best to make seats throughout only a picture as long as having the seat to work from it.

Take a look (sorry it's in portuguese Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat 4131452259 )
http://www.estofador.pt/

P.S. He made from the oem rear seat of my bike, only replacing all the foam, with the visco silicone and gel. Very cheap indeed and is a huge difference in comfort, pleasant and a must have for long riding.
Back to top Go down
CanadianCruiser
CanadianCruiser

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 1:57 pm

Just to add my 2 cents.. I bought a mustang seat and found that it pushed me forward...
what it gives in comfort you loose in leg length.. wound up returning it... I've gotten used to the stock... I do 6 hour rides on her and no but pain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat   Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mustang seat vs Saddlemen profiler seat
Page 1 of 1