Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

clear paint on bevel drive.

Go down 
+4
captain crash
Mr Intruder
simbo
alfie92
8 posters
AuthorMessage
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

clear paint on bevel drive. Empty
PostSubject: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:13 pm

clear paint on bevel drive. <a href=clear paint on bevel drive. 20140216_133228" />
Decided to clear coat the bevel drive today whilst it was sunny,its looks a lot better and conforms with the rest of the bike,was not into the chrome shiny look.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:29 pm

Looks great Alfie  clear paint on bevel drive. 2170595768  Black is much more in keeping with the M800  clear paint on bevel drive. 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:41 pm

That look bloody great Alfie, did you spray clear coat on & what did you use?  clear paint on bevel drive. 276246
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Believe or not Dave went to Poundland and there on the shelf was clear coat in an aerosol £1.00,cant be bad.Dont you just love bargains,even if it only lasts a day it was worth it just to see it shine in the sun.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:49 pm

Now that is a bloody bargain & well worth a try, "MARGARET, I NEED TO GO TO POUNDLAND".  clear paint on bevel drive. 852880
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Good job done, looks brill  clear paint on bevel drive. 184121345
Back to top Go down
Rattler
Valued Member
Rattler

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:54 pm

That does look great and you cant beat that price. Nice one Alfie.
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:48 am

looks wicked mate and what a great finish for a pound  clear paint on bevel drive. 2170595768
Back to top Go down
Doc Cox
The Nutty Professor
Doc Cox

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:34 pm

Fantastic finish, thought it was polished and clear laquered, well done  clear paint on bevel drive. 2645662097
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:38 pm

clear paint on bevel drive. <a href=clear paint on bevel drive. 20140217_140314" />
Here you go lads and girls this is the lacquer from Poundland.Cheers for the comments well worth the pound spent.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Would be worth getting quite a few cans at that silly price.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Trouble is Dave once they have gone you wait for ages for them to replace the stock,so what you are saying is very true.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:02 pm

OK lets try again. Today i cleaned the diff & noticed that the paint was bubbling on it so I wonder what paint the group recomends to repaint it & lacquer it also???
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:14 pm

If you have a diff from a VS1400, they are not spray painted in there stock condition, just lacquered metal.
If it has been spray painted, it has been done at a later date. The bubbling paint is probably the condition it has been in or graduated to because it was not properly prepared and degreased in the very first instance, when the previous owner decided to add a sprayed colour to the diff. As the diff is an oil filled unit, it would be very unlikely to ever get hot due to internal design & is in a well protected position. I would say that any metal spray paint & lacquer would be adequate for this particular job. The only advice further to that I can offer is, to proper prepare the  diff before respraying as it has clearly not been adequately prepared in the first instance, so you have no idea how well the remaining spray will stay adhered. So start sanding/rubbing down.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Yes it is a VS1400 diff but the paint/lacquer is bubbling & underneath is black so I surmise the original lacquer is peeling the alloy top coat off due to stone chips etc it has suffered at some stage?
I think I'll try to strip it off or sand it off & polish it up again & re-lacquer it or simply paint it black?

Thanks Dave
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 6:47 pm

peardrop3 wrote:
Yes it is a VS1400 diff but the paint/lacquer is bubbling & underneath is black so I surmise the original lacquer is peeling the alloy top coat off due to stone chips etc it has suffered at some stage?

Hi Peter, The 1400 drive is made of cast Aluminium, there is no alloy top coat surface to peel off? Has it just gone dull where the lacquer has come off?
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 6:57 pm

No it is bubbling like paint does when it starts to lift off the base metal Sim.
I think that some stone damage has affected the top layer & has oxidised underneath so i'll rub it down & paint it while I'm at the seal change stage with some alloy wheel paint or such.
Get the dremel out time again i think?
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi Pete I sanded mine down to get a key and then sprayed it with black paint (not hammerite) to dear for me,then just clear coated it,looks good to me,nice cheap job.It matches the rest of the bikes framing and wheels now as well,as they are also black.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Thanks for that alfie, I'll be doing it tomorrow as I've had an off day today & done nothing but will strip the diff & rub it down when I have the seal holder done.  :cmate:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clear paint on bevel drive.   clear paint on bevel drive. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

clear paint on bevel drive.
Page 1 of 1