Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vibrating Stock Mirrors?

Go down 
+6
MarcinG
simbo
TaurusTuga
peardrop3
captain crash
G.Terence
10 posters
AuthorMessage
G.Terence
Valued Member
G.Terence

Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Empty
PostSubject: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Good evening all,
Picked up my C800 from Lancashire last week and have been more than delighted with the machine. Felt uneasy with the paddle gear change, made a small adjustment to the rest position all in now fine. The one issue I have and don't understand is the mirror vibration, no problem up to 65 mph after which the reflection in the mirrors is not readable. What I can't get my head around is there is no handle bar vibration the machine runs like silk. Ideas comments would be appreciated.

G Terence
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Have you got stock mirrors on the bike cause they dont normally vibrate at any speed?
Back to top Go down
G.Terence
Valued Member
G.Terence

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:13 pm

Hello Captain,
I'm sure the mirror are standard

G Terence
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:24 pm

Mine were ok up to 80mph last weekend but don't tell Rosie as she thought we were only doing 65 to 70!
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga
TaurusTuga

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi Mr. Terence
Do you mean both mirrors?
With a Dragstar 650 i owned, as soon as i left the shop, i felt down doing a turn around.
They simply forgot to tighten the steering.  :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
Perhaps the inside mirror is not tighten enough and with the increasing of speed, they will vibrate.
Regards
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:30 pm

peardrop3 wrote:
Mine were ok up to 80mph last weekend but don't tell Rosie as she thought we were only doing 65 to 70!

Vibrating Stock Mirrors? 852880 I try an get away with that one too lol Jo says, How fast were you going then? Errr  Embarassed  Embarassed  Vibrating Stock Mirrors? 512357. Stock mirrors are ok up to about 75/80 and then they start getting a little blurred from memory.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:33 pm

Mine vibrate up to 60mph where they settle down to perfect 20/20... and that's with sand filled bar.

You ride fast enough, you don't need to use them ;D
Back to top Go down
G.Terence
Valued Member
G.Terence

PostSubject: Vibrating mirrors   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 9:44 pm

Hi Taurus.
Both mirrors are the same unusable

G Terence
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:26 pm

I expect no two intruders are the same. When I picked up my m800 it only had 500 miles on it, and mirrors vibrated at 60 plus.

Seems to have calmed down now a few thousand miles later.... Or maybe I just look in my mirrors less  affraid
Back to top Go down
TaurusTuga
TaurusTuga

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 5:08 pm

I will try with other 2 mirrors i have in stock of my other bike i sold.
They are shorter than the standard ones, but i wanna see if they will also vibrate.

Regards
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:36 pm

If they do and they are solid or sturdy then a bit of play sand in the handle bars will probably be the key to dampen the vibration
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:45 am

Have you got the weights in the ends of the handlebars? They should be there to stop any vibration.
Back to top Go down
G.Terence
Valued Member
G.Terence

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:40 am

Good day all,
Thank you for the tips etc. re mirrors. This machine is less than three years old and has just over four thousand miles on the clock so until I am much more familiar with its characteristics I am inclined to just get used to it and see how things go for a while. If nothing improves with time, ' the handle bar sand' sounds like an effective quick starting point.
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:49 am

Lowey wrote:
Have you got the weights in the ends of the handlebars? They should be there to stop any vibration.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 8:22 am

My stock ones vibrate at no speed at all, although some of my after market ones do hmmmm  gets you thinking.  :what1:
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 4:17 pm

My stock ones didnt either
Back to top Go down
G.Terence
Valued Member
G.Terence

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 6:53 pm

Good evening all,
Vibrating mirror problem resolved, by chance. When I collected my machine the screen was inclined backward as far as the mechanism would allow, this produced wind slap on top of my helmet. Adjusted the screen to a more upright position and went for a test run. No wind slap or mirror vibration. I'm not sure what the connection is but it sure as hell worked for me.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 6:56 pm

Glad you sorted it so easily matey!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 7:00 pm

Nice one good to see it was sorted, no matter how  Vibrating Stock Mirrors? 184121345
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 8:11 pm

Nice one  Vibrating Stock Mirrors? 3498837457 Must have been buffeting in the wind.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 8:44 pm

That's good to know Terence, glad you sorted it so easily.  Vibrating Stock Mirrors? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi Terence,
Sounds like the edges of the screen may have been creating a turbulent vortex from the edges that was disturbing the air flow to your mirrors .....

Aerodynamics can be strange ..... I used to have an Audi A2, which was meant to be one of the lowest 'parasitic drag' cars around .... i.e. the designers had spent loads of time in the wind tunnel 'perfecting' this aspect of the car ...... but try driving one at over 30mph with either of the front passenger windows down & you got a drumming wind noise from aerodynamic buffeting .... Vorsprung durch technik .... MY ARSE !!!!! Vibrating Stock Mirrors? 2343124779 Vibrating Stock Mirrors? 3213823784 hyst Vibrating Stock Mirrors? 2740622253

Anyway - glad you got it sorted !  Vibrating Stock Mirrors? 3005623951  Yam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vibrating Stock Mirrors?   Vibrating Stock Mirrors? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vibrating Stock Mirrors?
Page 1 of 1