Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rear suspension

Go down 
+3
captain crash
MarcinG
Chuckie1976
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuckie1976
Chuckie1976

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Rear suspension   Rear suspension Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:55 am

I was wandering if someone found a way to make the rear suspension more friendly ? lets say that the romanian roads are not that good.....
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:22 am

Apart from changing spring setting, I don't think anyone did modify the rear suspension further (apart from dropping it 2 inches, which wouldn't help you)

I'm guessing there's not much you can do with single spring setup (?)
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 7:15 pm

I dont know what the roads are like there other than they sound horrendous so I dont know if you are better off with a hard or soft suspension. One thing I do know is that we have members that are in to off road trail and trial bikes. Mr Intruder is in to off road trails bikes and Simbo is in to off road trials bikes so they may be better informed than people like me that will just guess at the handling under those situations and where best to have the spring set
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 7:45 pm

A softer setting gives a more plush ride and soaks bumps up better, there's not much else you can do really? Try sitting on a piece of foam  Rear suspension 852880
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Just been speaking to Mr Intruder and he reckons if the roads are as bad as all that you have to think about your average ride out and what your average roads are like. The softer setting makes for a plush ride on generally good roads but will help you lose control if numerous lumps and bumps and holes happen very quickly one after another. He said the harder setting would not help much at all with comfortableness but would help with the feedback you would need. He reckons he would go with a setting slightly harder than midway and as Sim said a nice big bit of foam  Rear suspension 2740622253
He did also say with a chuckle that if the roads are that bad you should sell it and buy a Suzuki DRZ  Rear suspension 3213823784
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:04 am

It's always going to be hard for us to say as we have no idea of the sloppiness or intensity of the roads out there. Softer suspension will have it's advantages but so will a harder setting & so will a softer seat & Sim's recommendation of a bit of foam for your bum to sit on.  Rear suspension 852880
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 11:44 pm

If the foam bit fails try a different foam or do what i did and add a bit of fat to your posterior. affraid  Rear suspension 804997
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 6:34 am

coffeescoffer wrote:
If the foam bit fails try a different foam or do what i did and add a bit of fat to your posterior. affraid  Rear suspension 804997

Yep - done that and it works. Took me 30 years to get my big fat ass like it is now but it was worth it  lol! 

On a serious note though, I had my seats reupholstered using progressive seat foam and that really did make a difference .... May be worth looking at ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear suspension
Page 1 of 1