Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Speedo / Tank Trim

Go down 
+8
Twojobmick
ippikin
coffeescoffer
alfie92
simbo
captain crash
MarcinG
katsd
12 posters
AuthorMessage
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Don't know if you'd actually class this as a mod as such - more of a cheap fix if it's something that's bugging you.

I was never particularly happy with the gap between the speedo & the tank - it just looked wrong, like it had not been finished.  Same thing with the tank edge - the seam just looked unfinished, not to mention that I'd got a few chips on the seam which made it look a bit tatty.

Speedo / Tank Trim <a href=Speedo / Tank Trim DSC07615_zpsf3e45c4e" />
 Speedo / Tank Trim DSC07613_zps653076c8

I'd seen chrome tank trim, but I thought that'd look so wrong against the black.  Then when I was modding the back of the bike (https://www.suzuki800.com/t3298-stripped-down-look-wanted-2001-vl800-now-done), I needed something to protect the seat from the edge of the return (that will make sense if you look at the photo of the back of the bike) & came across this stuff on ebay    
Link   Cheap as chips - & dead easy to fit.   

Speedo / Tank Trim <a href=Speedo / Tank Trim DSC07617_zps0aa06536" />
Speedo / Tank Trim <a href=Speedo / Tank Trim DSC07616_zpse50c038b" />

May not be to everyones taste, but it worked for me.  1 metre will do for the speedo, about 1.5 metres for the tank - three metres will do them both & cost less than seven quid - order it direct rather than off ebay & he'll give you a discount.
Back to top Go down
MarcinG
Valued VIP Member
MarcinG

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Interesting. Like it.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Guys often put chrome trim around and that is the first time I have seen a black trim fitted. Gotta say it looks bloody good  Speedo / Tank Trim 184121345
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 7:36 pm

Looks well  Speedo / Tank Trim 2170595768
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 9:38 pm

Good find something different.
Back to top Go down
coffeescoffer
coffeescoffer

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Something cheap that looks expensive! Speedo / Tank Trim 1218875559
Back to top Go down
ippikin
ippikin

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:10 am

Looks brill.Just ordered some! Thanks for the tip Dave R!
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:23 am

Got chrome trim on both my tank and speedo housing as you can see below. I prefer the look of that on mine but your stuff looks a good alternative Dave ..... Good find mate  Speedo / Tank Trim 3498837457

Speedo / Tank Trim Imagejpg1_zps202d43e2
Back to top Go down
DaveC
DaveC

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 8:57 am

Speedo / Tank Trim 3498837457  Like it
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:49 am

Twojobmick wrote:
Got chrome trim on both my tank and speedo housing as you can see below. I prefer the look of that on mine but your stuff looks a good alternative Dave ..... Good find mate  Speedo / Tank Trim 3498837457

Speedo / Tank Trim Imagejpg1_zps202d43e2

Yeh - on yours, against the blue/ black of the tank & the silver speedo, the chrome works well & sets it off - on mine, I think a silver line between the black / black would have looked wrong.  I Like the blue colour, just missed out one that colour when I was looking round.  Not unhappy with the black/white combo though

Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 5:47 pm

You probably wouldn't have got that blue though Dave, take a close look  Very Happy 

Speedo / Tank Trim Imagejpg1_zpse51a4935
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 6:49 pm

Ordered mine..thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Bloody hell thats cheap and free p&p as well, what a bargain  Speedo / Tank Trim 184121345  Great find, great link  Speedo / Tank Trim 184121345
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 8:02 pm

Looking spot on Dave, just ordered some of that right now.  Speedo / Tank Trim 433968
Will do the same as you now I have gone mostly black, 2 meters are now on there way.  Speedo / Tank Trim 3498837457
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Twojobmick wrote:
You probably wouldn't have got that blue though Dave, take a close look  Very Happy 

Speedo / Tank Trim Imagejpg1_zpse51a4935

Wow - that blue is fantastic - just noticed the blue piping on the seat as well. That's the dogs !!!!
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:35 pm

The paintwork is cool on Mick's bike! Nice trim on both bikes too! Never mind that though! I can see the reflection of someone pinching his 40" widescreen in the engine casing!!  Speedo / Tank Trim 852880
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:45 pm

simbo wrote:
The paintwork is cool on Mick's bike! Nice trim on both bikes too! Never mind that though! I can see the reflection of someone pinching his 40" widescreen in the engine casing!!  Speedo / Tank Trim 852880

lol! Speedo / Tank Trim 3213823784 Speedo / Tank Trim 3213823784 
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:48 pm

katsd wrote:
Twojobmick wrote:

Wow - that blue is fantastic - just noticed the blue piping on the seat as well.  That's the dogs !!!!

Yeah, I had both seats resculpted using progressive foam and recovered in non slip material with the blue piping to match the paint.
One of the best mods I've done - it really makes a difference to the ride comfort  Speedo / Tank Trim 184121345 
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 1:18 pm

Got my 2 meters of black trim delivered today & will fit it later, thanks for the link Dave.  Speedo / Tank Trim 3005623951
Back to top Go down
ippikin
ippikin

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 12:15 am

Black trim fitted today.... very easy and looks brill; also will protect the edges of the tank when it's off for maintenance procedures!
Back to top Go down
TwinDad
TwinDad

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Fuel tank trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 10:55 pm

lgd  Like it so much I bought some , just completed horn mod too!
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 10:58 pm

TwinDad wrote:
lgd  Like it so much I bought some , just completed horn mod too!

What's the horn mod ??
Back to top Go down
TwinDad
TwinDad

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:11 pm

Found a twin air horn bloody loud now not the tinny sound any more. Everyone knows where I am !
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 11:34 pm

TwinDad wrote:
Found a twin air horn bloody loud now not the tinny sound any more. Everyone knows where I am !

I've been looking round for a louder horn - what did you go for ?
Back to top Go down
TwinDad
TwinDad

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 6:46 am

Went for the one made by Ring. From Amazon £30 then made my own loom wires 2.5 hrs to fit see electrical mods horn.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 8:14 am

Cheers - I'll check that out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speedo / Tank Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speedo / Tank Trim   Speedo / Tank Trim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speedo / Tank Trim
Page 1 of 1