Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....

Go down 
+4
fat intruder
Mr Intruder
simbo
hawktheslayer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Empty
PostSubject: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 4:51 pm

Like most of us I have constantly played with different bulbs for the headlight, both on my bikes and cars. Due to having various options available to me and the time to do it, when I first got my new 800 earlier last year I decided to see/prove to myself which type of bulb really was the better. Here are my findings, I hope they prove as useful to you. Each option shows the light facing a fence at 7m and then down my road which is about 200m long.

Normal H4 Halogen bulb on bike

THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... BikeNormalH4Halogen_zps743a29b0THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... BikeNormalH4bulbstreet_zps18e145a5

Xenon H4 Bulb on bike

THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... BikeXenonH4bulb_zps21a0f390THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... BikexenonH4bulbstreet_zpsb9ff78db

Osram NightBreaker Gold H7 on car

THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... BmwwithnightbreakerH7_zps8bd1a75dTHE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... BmwwithNightbreakerH7street_zps53d54204

and finally.....

HID H4 on bike

THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... NewHidstreet_zps1064afeeTHE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... NewHid_zpsd3a9eaf0

As you can clearly see HID replacements by FAR exceed all conventional bulbs, I liked them soo much that I have now installed them in my car. At about £85 each they may seem expensive but the osrams are about £20 each and on a bike with the bulbs on constantly they last maybe 6 months, depending on the amount of time the bike is used. The Hids come with a 2yr guarantee so in theory should be cost effective as well! I have had them in my VL800 for just over 6 months now and they still going strong, I will update when they eventually die.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 6:00 pm

They certainly light things up a lot better!  THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 2170595768
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 6:19 pm

Thanks SIM much appreciated coming from you.
Just in case anyone wants to know where I got them hids4u.co.uk, nothing to do with the company but I do tend to research the shit out of things!! and for the H4 bike its only £53. I also opted for the 5000k as I wanted better light rather than showy "blue" but they also do 6000k and 8000k. Dead easy to install just plug and play NO cutting at all and the ballast is really small.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 6:51 pm

What a great experiment, that'll be so much use to others, both now and in the future. THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 3322349030
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 7:57 pm

so you can get the bulb that really lights things up (bottom pic) for £53?
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 8:15 pm

Bulb, ballast and all connectors, took me a mech moron 5 minutes to fit, just checked their website and they are out of stock until the end of the month....shows it keenly priced and popular!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 8:11 am

Flippin eck what a great thread  THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 433968 THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 2645662097 THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 3322349030
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 10:21 am

THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 428386 VERY INFORMATIVE THREAD - Great stuff Justin - I will bear this in mind for future reference.

THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 3005623951  Yam
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 11:32 am

Thanks Justin I'll keep that in mind good bit of kit that lights things up really well will be great for unlit roads/country roads once I get all the other stuff done to me bike I'll cry that I've spent all my money then save and get one of these bulbs THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 852880
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 5:14 pm

Justin - can you help with this please?  Looking round at HID units for mine at the moment - when I had a HID on the Katana, the ballast unit was quite large (about the size of a couple of fag packets back to back) what size is this one & where have you located it?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 6:37 pm

I got mine at hids4u.co.uk and they do a really small slim ballast for bikes about the size of an I phone at a guess it Easily fitted in the light bucket and all the connectors are plug and go so no feckin about cutting and splicing and IF you should ever have a problem it takes seconds to unplug and insert original bulb. They do a simple slim version for 45 or canbus version for 53, I got the canbus because I wasn't sure at the time if our bikes monitored the light the way my car does, if you don't need canbus save a 10.
justin
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Cheers Justin - thanks for that
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 9:10 pm

YOUR THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 1530558013
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 10:37 pm

hawktheslayer wrote:
Don't encourage him Dave! He'll be offering to watch his 'Limited Edition' copy of Broke Back Mountain with you next  THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 1871120043
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Aaaahhhh - my favorite film  -   :happy036: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 210272711
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 10:47 pm

THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 2516569736 THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 3541186231 THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 3724349360 It's 2015 after all  THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 51970515 Carry on  THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 3498837457
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 9:35 am

simbo wrote:
hawktheslayer wrote:
Don't encourage him Dave! He'll be offering to watch his 'Limited Edition' copy of Broke Back Mountain with you next  THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 1871120043

Don't worry I do have a broad back! and thick skin......I am saving this all up for when we cross that big bridge in france! :shithhappens:Please feel free to bring HD :piss:Sim I will be able to kill 2 birds with 1 stone......tickets/parachute anyone THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 3213823784
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 4:46 pm

Justin don't encourage him for gods sake!  stir
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 5:36 pm

MOI!! I have NO idea what you mean peter hyst

:piss:Sim
:piss:Harley
:piss:Davidson
 :piss:Iron (hoof) 
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 6:06 pm

hawktheslayer wrote:
MOI!! I have NO idea what you mean peter hyst

:piss:Sim
:piss:Harley
:piss:Davidson
 :piss:Iron (hoof) 
You seem a little tense? so much so that you forgot to put a space between the emoticon and word  THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 2516569736 THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 335795
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 9:03 pm

Hold on!! That explains a lot!

piss SIM
piss Harley
piss Davidson
 piss Iron

Is that better or was you just teasing me!!!!!   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 3213823784
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 9:12 pm

THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Looks%20fine%20to%20me_zpspyemyv0l
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 9:47 pm

You doing selfies again Sim THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... 3213823784
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 12:40 pm

Marty Feldman lives !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....   THE difinative answer to which lights should i get.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE difinative answer to which lights should i get....
Page 1 of 1