Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?

Go down 
+4
yorky
fat intruder
simbo
EazyDuz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? Empty
PostSubject: Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?   Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 4:50 pm

I'm not particularly tall at about 5ft 11. My C800 came with a windscreen which sits pretty high, probably around mouth/nose level.
Problem is at higher speeds it makes my head vibrate, with my visor open i can feel the ripples of wind hitting my eyes.
It certainly makes 70+mph more comfortable than without a screen but at the same time the buffeting is loud and annoying after a while. 
I could go with a larger screen but as i said the one i have is pretty huge. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?   Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?   Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 4:59 pm

sometimes the lid you wear can be as much to blame for buffeting but this sound like your screen maybe a bit of both can you adjust your screen? maybe try it lower or higher or change the angle of it if that is possible each time to adjust it take it for a ride until your happy with it if you cant get it right you could just take it of. not a great deal of help but give it a go failing that you can get an MRA bit to put on your screen this breaks up the wind I think some of the other guy's have them Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? 3498837457
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?   Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Small extra piece of perpex mounted on little adjustable brackets fixed it for me. ( MRA brackets as Morgan says )
Back to top Go down
Lowey
Valued Member
Lowey

PostSubject: Re: Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?   Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 6:39 pm

Lowers will reduce buffeting quite  considerably.
Back to top Go down
EazyDuz
EazyDuz

PostSubject: Re: Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?   Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 8:26 pm

My DIY skills are poor, i couldnt build lowers. They wouldnt solve the facial buffeting anyway as i know its coming from above the screen.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?   Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 9:01 pm

EazyDuz wrote:
My DIY skills are poor, i couldnt build lowers. They wouldnt solve the facial buffeting anyway as i know its coming from above the screen.

You'd be surprised.
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?   Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 10:04 pm

Just as an experiment,place your hand (left one) were you feel the wind is coming from in front of your face,and see if it goes after you adjust the screen,you may as others have said find it is coming from below the screen.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?   Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 10:33 pm

Hi mate, ideal height for a screen is to have the highest point level with the bridge of your nose and angled about the same as the front forks. Try adjusting it forwards and backwards if you can - on a trial and error basis until it's at its best.

Lowers will help tremendously too and an open face helmet will reduce buffeting compared with a full face lid ( if you can cope with one ). I use open face in the summer, full face in the winter and I can tell the difference just by changing helmets.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?   Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 10:34 pm

simbo wrote:
EazyDuz wrote:

You'd be surprised.
Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? 2215087486 Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? 428386
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?   Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 10:58 pm

Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? 428386 Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? 2215087486 Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? 2215087486 

EazyDus wrote:
You would be shocked at how easy they are to make.
Yes they would solve the facial buffeting. The wind you feel in your face is coming from below and then coming up behind the screen, before attacking you in the boat race.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?   Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 11:23 pm

Mr Intruder wrote:
Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? 428386 Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? 2215087486 Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? 2215087486 

EazyDus wrote:
You would be shocked at how easy they are to make.
Yes they would solve the facial buffeting. The wind you feel in your face is coming from below and then coming up behind the screen, before attacking you in the boat race.
Dave is right mate, although you'll probably doubt it until you prove to yourself otherwise. 
Lowers also help to keep your legs dry if you get caught in a rain shower - honestly !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?   Is buffeting just something you gotta live with? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is buffeting just something you gotta live with?
Page 1 of 1