Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from a newbie

Go down 
+10
captain crash
OldManYam
bigmal
Ken1964
hawktheslayer
ardie
yorky
stingray
simbo
Guest1
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Guest1
Prospect
Guest1

Hello from a newbie  Empty
PostSubject: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 12:46 pm

Hello from a newbie  433968 Hello to you all , as you can see I'm a newbie 

Stay in  Glasgow and not yet an intruder owner although seriously thinking about 1 so thought this would be the place to come. 

Currently on a Ninja but the Mrs has took to pillion riding hence looking at a different bike so I'm looking to get some details on the intruders 

I think they're brilliant looking bikes and the Suzuki engine quality goes without mention however 

1. Are they any good for pillion didint (mostly throughout Scotland) nothing over strenuous 

2. Fuel consumption ? How much  to fill the tank and how many miles from the tank? 

3. Anything else you guys could tell me would be appreciated !! 

Ps it's the Intruder 800 I'm looking at
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 4:53 pm

Hiya Mate  WELM Good choice of bike if you go for it? 1. Yeah great for riding with a pillion I ride mainly 2 up and there's plenty of room with comfort. 2 Depends on how heavy you are on the throttle? but you will probably average about 180 miles per tank, I'm not sure how much it is to fill one these days?. 3. if you buy one? you won't be disappointed, very reliable,smooth,roomy comfort, usual suzuki slick gear change.  Hello from a newbie  3498837457
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi Guest and Hello from a newbie  2610028573  doubt you'll find many negatives on the Intruder 800 here m8, just lots of Hello from a newbie  3498837457 Hello from a newbie  3498837457 Hello from a newbie  3498837457 Hello from a newbie  3498837457
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 5:53 pm

welcm its a great bike, pleasure to ride.
Back to top Go down
Guest1
Prospect
Guest1

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 7:26 pm

Thanks for the welcome folks 

Was away looking at one today and to be honest I'll probably be getting her pending the good lady having a sit on as well , looking forward to posting more often as a Suzuki rider ilis
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 9:32 pm

hello guest wife loves this bike more than any other ive had and that's a few mostly ride with pillion cost me 15 or 16 pound to fill up. 180 /190 to a tank. I put a pair of rear peg exstenders on wife says far better with sissy bar as well makes for a comfy ride. enjoy the site and welcm
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:58 pm

welcm I bought my intruder in Kircaldy! rode my ninja from London up and returned the next day on the intruder in the rain! been in love ever since, my wife loved the pillion over ninja so much so she has gotten into bikes herself and now has her own Honda twisty! about 14l to fill the tank and I have yet had to fill her up before 140 miles
Back to top Go down
Guest1
Prospect
Guest1

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 11:45 am

Thanks again for the info , I'm looking forward to getting her down to see it
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 8:20 pm

Welcome
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 9:09 am

Welcome mate. My wife loves the pillion on the intruder. We've been to Germany and to northern Spain for hols.

And we'll done... You move quick! Just read all this thread, and in a matter of hours you've said "hello, I'm thinking about one" , got some opinions, bought the bike, and ridden miles in the rain!!
Back to top Go down
OldManYam
Very Valued VIP Member
OldManYam

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 5:54 pm

Hello from a newbie  2773974287  Guest 1, & Hello from a newbie  304308752 Hello from a newbie  18617

Hope you take the plunge & get your Intruder.

totally different to a ninja, but good fun too ride, easy to work on (Not that you need to do much to them) & generally quite cheap to run.

The Suzi 800 engine is quite 'torquey' and it makes it a versatile road bike, with an engine temperament that is well suited to pillion riding and touring, as well as just fun riding for the hell of it !

Best thing I could say is go to see if you can have a test ride on one at a dealers, It should 'seal the deal' in terms of making your mind up. (Doesn't mean you have to buy the bike you test ride - you can always look elsewhere !)

Best of luck tracking down you 'choice' of Suzi 800           Hello from a newbie  3005623951    Yam
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 9:37 pm

Welcome matey  welcm
Back to top Go down
Guest1
Prospect
Guest1

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Update Thus far lol 

The one I saw in the showroom that the Mrs came and had a sit on has sold !!! Despite me saying is be down later that day with my Ninja for the guy to value for a part ex price and to complete the deal 

Que Se Ra !! He has however arranged for a 59 plate 800 Intruder to be brought to the place on Tuesday when I'm off work and this isn't going anywhere except home with me lol 

Can't wait 

I'll keep you all updated
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 1:23 pm

WE had a very similar situation when we were looking for a bike as the place we had a ride on's bike was gazumped before we could sort out the deposit basically even though the owner had told us we were first in the cue!
Rosie managed to find our bike on the net at another dealer & we never looked back & would not be without the bike now for anything.
Sometimes a better deal comes along after the first deal goes sour so take a look & a ride then go for it if it's 'your' bike!
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 6:39 pm

I think as well, by the time you've looked at a few in the flesh, or online, you've got a much better feel for what the right price is. So if you do see one that's in good nick, and the price feels right, it's a much easier decision to grab it. Did that with mine... Spent all of 25 seconds deciding.
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 7:55 am

Hello from a newbie  2773974287 & WELM
Back to top Go down
customerlin
customerlin

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 10:43 am

Welcome
You have a nice bike now... don't sell her... LOL
About the Intruder 800, nothing to do with a Sport Bike. She is confortable but slow. 
Is a bike to relax and enjoy the ride and the views
For a better enjoying, ride 1 bike 1 people.... 
Tell your woman about to buy a bike for her!!! 
Custom bikes are easy to drive even when you are a begginer 
Hello from a newbie  256401
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 7:51 pm

Welcome to site Guest - as everyone has said, riding a cruiser is totally different from riding a Ninja - but not in a bad way !!  Must be doing something wrong on mine - cost's about £15 to do about 130 miles - mind you, I do have a "vigorous" riding style.

I can tell you that if you do decide to take the plunge, you'll be struggling to find a more helpful & friendly forum than this one
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 10:34 pm

Hello from a newbie  2215087486 Hello from a newbie  276246 Hello from a newbie  881924
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a newbie    Hello from a newbie  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from a newbie
Page 1 of 1