Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi yall! north pole calling

Go down 
+11
alfie92
ardie
hawktheslayer
stingray
yorky
simbo
Old Luner
Skidalot
v-twin
johnboss
Iam-Morin
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Iam-Morin
Prospect
Iam-Morin

Hi yall! north pole calling Empty
PostSubject: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi everyone, my names Liam from Nunavut, the most northern populated part of Canada, as close to santa and the north pole as you can get!!
Just Turned 30! a bit late for biking I know but done everything from driving snow plows to flying medical supplies to the mines in the middle of nowhere and was looking for a new "thrill"! Most of the "redknecks" up here have 4x4s or Harleys but wasn't really interested in getting a gut or a really big beard Hi yall! north pole calling 2740622253  and your pocket rockets (I think that's what you call them? Honda cbr bmw etc) are NOO good up here when its cold wet and slushy, might just as well try and use a bicycle. My mum lives in Vancouver (please no French jokes, its not my fault) and the last time I visited in june I saw some blokes riding quiet! Harleys and thought that was for me. found out they where built by Suzuki so bought one. A lovely red c50t, last years model with ONLY 1830 km hardly used really. It IS a bit wet and cold here but we do have sun! and the fat tyres and smooth engine make for an easy ride. Sorry if I dragged the intro out but loving the bike and us forums not as helpful, hoping to do some minor modding in the future (prob next year now) and hoping to get some tips from across the water to help!! Already seen looked through the site and loving the humor! really like the caravan section started by some guy called "bigmal" now that's really neat if santa rode our bikes I am sure he would be after one
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 11:27 pm

Welcome to the forum Liam - Sure you'll find the site useful and hope you're enjoying your new ride. Never heard of Nunavut before so looked on the map - There's 'north' and then there's Nunavut!
Back to top Go down
v-twin
Very Valued VIP Member
v-twin

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi yall! north pole calling 2773974287  and Hi yall! north pole calling 1530558013  Liam
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 11:47 pm

Hi yall! north pole calling 2773974287 Liam and Hi yall! north pole calling 936075699 to the forum.

30 is not too late by any means, not with the amount of 'gimmers' you have on this forum! Hi yall! north pole calling 852880
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 11:58 pm

Skidalot wrote:
Hi yall! north pole calling 2773974287 Liam and Hi yall! north pole calling 936075699 to the forum.

30 is not too late by any means, not with the amount of 'gimmers' you have on this forum! Hi yall! north pole calling 852880
'Gimmers' is a very ancient Welsh phrase, loosely translated into real English to mean kindly, intelligent, well meaning gentleman  who understand and appreciate the aesthetic beauty and mechanical craftsmanship of modern motorcycles.
Back to top Go down
Iam-Morin
Prospect
Iam-Morin

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 12:12 am

Thanks john, I think! was going to skype me granddad tomorrow in perth north Scotland and ask him what that one was, although anything HE tells me I take with a pinch of salt too. Skidalot is welsh I gather do the old jokes about sheep still ring true Hi yall! north pole calling 2343124779
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 12:27 am

Iam-Morin wrote:
Thanks john, I think! was going to skype me granddad tomorrow in perth north Scotland and ask him what that one was, although anything HE tells me I take with a pinch of salt too. Skidalot is welsh I gather do the old jokes about sheep still ring true Hi yall! north pole calling 2343124779
I believe they do.
Back to top Go down
Old Luner
Valued Member
Old Luner

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 2:17 am

wwweee Liam
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 8:18 am

Hi Liam welcm
Back to top Go down
yorky
VIP Member
yorky

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 8:23 am

Hi yall! north pole calling 2773974287 Liam and  wwweee
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 9:23 am

Hi Liam and Hi yall! north pole calling 2610028573
Back to top Go down
hawktheslayer
Very Valued VIP Member
hawktheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 10:10 am

Hi yall! north pole calling 2773974287 Liam wwweee I see your a fan of due south! excellent program used to love watching it
Back to top Go down
ardie
Valued Member
ardie

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 1:05 pm

hello liam and welcm , you really are on top of the world up there
Back to top Go down
alfie92
Very Valued VIP Member
alfie92

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi Liam and welcome.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 2:50 pm

Hiya Liam - welcome on board.  No need to apologise for the ramble - interesting to find out what's inspired people to get into bikes & why they've gone for the particular bike they've picked.  Looking forward to seeing a pic of your ride
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 4:41 pm

johnboss wrote:
'Gimmers' is a very ancient Welsh phrase, loosely translated into real English to mean kindly, intelligent, well meaning gentleman  who understand and appreciate the aesthetic beauty and mechanical craftsmanship of modern motorcycles.

Hi yall! north pole calling 4231872003  police Nah! Hi yall! north pole calling 25506679  Have a gander at the definitive version Hi yall! north pole calling 855947 .(Now thats more like it!) Hi yall! north pole calling 852880
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gimmer
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 4:51 pm

Skidalot wrote:
johnboss wrote:

Hi yall! north pole calling 4231872003  police Nah! Hi yall! north pole calling 25506679  Have a gander at the definitive version Hi yall! north pole calling 855947 .(Now thats more like it!) Hi yall! north pole calling 852880
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gimmer
Like I said - old git,wrinkly,decrepid pensioner who is a  kindly, intelligent, well meaning gentleman  etc etc.....
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 5:59 pm

Liam Hi yall! north pole calling 304308752  matey!
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 7:53 pm

Hi Liam and Hi yall! north pole calling 1530558013

Looks a beautiful place you live. It's just so hard for us in the UK to comprehend the size of Canada. A couple of years ago we visited my uncle in Ontario. Then he drove us for about 4 hours north, to a place called Tobermory, where he has a weekend cottage. "So that's the North" I thought. Wrong!! I guess you're about 1700 miles north of that!!!
Back to top Go down
Ken1964
Valued Member
Ken1964

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Welcome Liam
Back to top Go down
Iam-Morin
Prospect
Iam-Morin

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 10:36 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys crack me up, will try and post a pic but I am not overly it literate so may take me a while!(rather be out riding and flying than playing with computers)
BIG fan of due south hawktheslayer, too young to have seen it first time around but we get it repeated quite often up here, surprisingly! been down to Vancouver a few times to see Paul in various theatre productions and he seems to get better at acting with age.
Your right Mal it is a tad on the huge side, makes for interesting travel though and "im just going to the local for some milk" can sometime take the better part of a weekend! we do have local shops but wheres the fun in that
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 11:12 pm

Flying - Hi yall! north pole calling 4231872003   I thought I'd got a new found freedom when I got back to biking - over in Nunavut you guys get to choose to fly around in planes.  Think I'm going to go all immigrant and look for a lorry to climb in the back of Laughing
Back to top Go down
Iam-Morin
Prospect
Iam-Morin

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 11:38 pm

Your more than welcome to come and join us John! Just need to pass you flight exams and have a couple of hundred flying hours under your belt, and the balls! (sorry not sure what the correct terminology in the uk is) it can be quite hairy at times up here
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 11:55 pm

Probably not got the balls for that.  I'll leave that to you younger and braver people. Sounds like fun until, like you say its gets hairy.  I'd embarrass myself screaming!
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 10:21 am

Iam-Morin wrote:
Your more than welcome to come and join us John! Just need to pass you flight exams and have a couple of hundred flying hours under your belt, and the balls! (sorry not sure what the correct terminology in the uk is) it can be quite hairy at times up here
No need for google translate.... Balls and hairy are both in our lingo too Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi yall! north pole calling   Hi yall! north pole calling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi yall! north pole calling
Page 1 of 1