Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cpmccoll89
Prospect
Cpmccoll89

Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations. Empty
PostSubject: Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations.   Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 9:28 pm

Hi,

New to the forum and recently installed vance and Hines staggered slashcuts to my 2005 m800 (which sound amazing). 
I've had a look through the site and can't find anything in regards to info I need.
The problem I have is that when I ease off the throttle, I'm getting a lot of backfire. I've been told it may need 'remapping'. 
I have looked on the V&H website and they recommend their own 'FuelPak', although I can't really get much info I want about it.
Does anyone have any experience with this and/or recommend better/cheaper alternatives?

Thanks,

Chris
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations.   Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Hi Chris, Try blocking the "pair valve" first to see if that stops it? there'll be a thread on it somewhere in the fueling section.

www.suzuki800.com/t2939-pair-valve-blanking-kit-recommendations-please
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations.   Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 10:16 pm

I followed Moccs instructions as far as Option 2 - cured pretty much all of my back-fire issues.  Didn't bother removing it completely - looked like a complete pig to go all the way.  I did end up having it Dyno tested, which was one the best £60 I've ever spent
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations.   Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 9:19 am

It will be the sound from the unremoved pair valve. You only need to put a fuel injection module on the bike if you have or will be adding a hi-flo air filter such as a K&N at some point.
Back to top Go down
Cpmccoll89
Prospect
Cpmccoll89

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations.   Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 6:51 pm

Cheers for the info,

Will have a look at blocking it on the weekend (unfortunately got a busy week in work). Hopefully the neighbours will get used to the noise soon as well. One didn't seem too happy when I pulled up with the new pipes on.
Back to top Go down
katsd
Very Valued VIP Member
katsd

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations.   Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 9:14 pm

Congratulations - you've just found a new way to win friends & influence people !!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations.   Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vance & Hines pipes installed, possible remapping recommendations.
Page 1 of 1