Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rear Crash bars

Go down 
+3
Skidalot
stingray
G.Terence
7 posters
AuthorMessage
G.Terence
Valued Member
G.Terence

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 10:29 am

Good day all,
My Fairy God Mother has agreed to buy me a set of Rear crash bars for my 2011 Intruder. Have looked at our usual suppliers I haven't found any one who stocks them. Point me in the right direction please !

G.Terence
Back to top Go down
stingray
Very Valued VIP Member
stingray

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 1:54 pm

I've never seen any but if someone knows where they can be obtained I will be buying as well.
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 2:26 pm

Terence I bought mine from Metric Cruisers down sarf matey. They aren't marked as fitting any 2008(?) onwards VL's but they do as I fitted them to mine & it's a 2010! Give Phil a bell & he'll sort them or go on E-bay as they're on there for around £100-+ ok.
Back to top Go down
G.Terence
Valued Member
G.Terence

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 4:30 pm

Peter,
Metric Cruiser no longer sell them, cant find any thing on e bay. Not looking good !

G.Terence
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 5:58 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-INTRUDER-VOLUSIA-VL800-C800-Boulevard-C50-Rear-Crash-Bars-Guards-/201044158427

There's these, but you'll have to change the exhaust from stock too. Suspect
Back to top Go down
johnboss
Very Valued VIP Member
johnboss

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Sure there's a thread about these somewhere on here but can't find it.  Sim - any ideas?
Back to top Go down
G.Terence
Valued Member
G.Terence

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 8:23 pm

Skidalot,
It all looks good, given that the bottom lug goes on to the exhaust. Using my standard exhausts it would be a question of making a extension flange to bolt up behind the rear foot rest. I think we may have a result.
Many thanks

G.Terence
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Lets get this right ok.
Seeing as I have a set of rear crash bars on mine I can tell you that they fit onto the pillion footrest mounting bolt, & at the top onto the crescent rear m/guard brackets & you may need some slightly longer bolts as well ok? There was a section about it so I'd keep searching guys ok.
They do not mount to the exhaust in any way whatsoever.
As to the one's on e-bay being exactly the same then obviously I'm not sure but they look exactly the same as mine.

Peter
Back to top Go down
G.Terence
Valued Member
G.Terence

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 4:58 pm

Hello all,
Peter is right re fixings etc, I have followed up Skidalots  link to bikebeauty and they are there exactly as  descried by Peter. Many thanks one and all. Delivery is scheduled for Friday. Will keep you all posted. I would even send you a photo if I new how to do it !

G.Terence
Back to top Go down
G.Terence
Valued Member
G.Terence

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 1:01 pm

Hi All
Rear crash bars arrived one day early, took less than one hour to fit absolutely brilliant. Thank you one and all for your advise, plus of course my fairy God mother.

G.Terence
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 2:19 pm

Rear Crash bars 2170595768
Back to top Go down
Skidalot
Very Valued VIP Member
Skidalot

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 2:49 pm

G.Terence wrote:
Hi All
Rear crash bars arrived one day early, took less than one hour to fit absolutely brilliant.

Rear Crash bars 184121345  I do so love a happy ending!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KeithW
KeithW

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi Guys,  Thought I'd use this thread as I am now looking for rear crash bars. Just ordered some new front bars as I don't like the ones I've got so I'm going to do the rear ones as well.  
As far as I can make out there is a choice of two. There are the Roadstyler bars from Poland and Bike beauty stocks them and I am assuming that they are the ones that Terrence has just bought and says they fit his 2011 C800. I believe that the 2011 model has the bigger exhaust mufflers (100mm diameter) fitted, which should be similar to mine which is a 2014 model registered in 2016. The exhaust part no's are not quite the same. According to Roadstyler these bars are not supposed to fit the C800 after 2009 as the bigger stock exhaust gets in the way. So, are these the bars Terrence bought and does the bike have the bigger exhausts? These are the bars in question.........

http://bikebeauty.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=132_63_208&product_id=247

and they look like this........

Rear Crash bars Roadst10

The other bars, which are said to fit all models to 2017, are sold by Chrome Cruisers in Bournemouth and made in Europe somewhere, Czech Republic I think. When I saw Peters' bike in Wales, these are the bars I thought he had fitted. The issue I have with these is that they are much higher on the bike and the top bar gets quite close to the rider's seat. This would be fine with a stock seat but the Mustang seat I have is wider and thicker. So, are these the bars fitted to Peters' bike and, if so, how close to the seat is the top bar? The bars can be found here.....

http://chromecruisers.co.uk/rear-guards/108-suzuki-vl800-volusia-heavy-duty-rear-saddlebag-guard-crash-bar.html

and look like this......

Many thanks

Keith

Rear Crash bars Chrome11
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Keith my seat was restyled by Tony Archer to be wider & deeper & there is plenty of space for the crash bars.
I was the one who was the test monkey to Chrome Cruisers find out if they fitted later than 2007 etc & they are spot on ok?
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 7:40 pm

If I have time tomorrow I'll measure the gap from top of bar to bottom of seat ok?
Back to top Go down
KeithW
KeithW

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeFri Nov 24, 2017 9:13 pm

Thanks very much Peter. I prefer the look of those but I don't think they do them in black. I 'll just have to pay a visit to the powdercoater!
I've just ordered the new front bars - powdercoated gloss black - from Chrome Cruisers. They've been quite helpfull the last couple of weeks.

Keith
Back to top Go down
peardrop3
Very Valued VIP Member
peardrop3

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 10:53 am

Morning from a snowy Derby!  I have just been out & the gap between the top of the crash bar & the seat, which I said was bigger than standard, is 1-1/2" aprox ok?
Back to top Go down
KeithW
KeithW

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 1:42 pm

Thanks Peter. That sounds ok so I'll go with that.

Keith
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear Crash bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Crash bars   Rear Crash bars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Crash bars
Page 1 of 1