Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Geordie
Prospect

VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable? Empty
PostSubject: VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable?   VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2019 7:12 am

Hi,
I've seen a few exhausts for sale that state both VL andVZ in their fitment, does this mean they are going to fit either model ? 
Reason I'm asking is as the owner of a VZ 800 (1999) I have seen an exhaust for sale listed as VL , owner isn't sure if it will fit mine. His is from a 2001 model.
Back to top Go down
hmac
hmac

PostSubject: Re: VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable?   VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 6:01 pm

Don't think the VL system will fit the VZ. On the VL the exhaust exits from the rear of the rear cylinder head the VZ exits from the front of the rear cylinder head.
Back to top Go down
Geordie
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable?   VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2019 8:50 am

Thanks mate, I didn't bother with them . 
How have you fixed the apehangers to yours ?
Back to top Go down
hmac
hmac

PostSubject: Re: VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable?   VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2019 12:41 am

To fit apes you will need a pair of risers for 1" bars look for ones that take a 12mm mounting bolt, plenty on ebay etc. The bars I have are an ebay purchase and are from a Harley Street Bob.

There is plenty of slack in the electric cables if you reroute them over the top of the engine and out from behind the steering stem. I had to buy a longer brake line and used universal kits to make longer clutch and throttle cables.  I got the brake line and cable kits from https://www.venhill.co.uk/

If you look close you will see where my electrics for the switch gear is routed. If you need more info just ask.

VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable? 69165989_2107281919376296_4628347467878891520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQm4IRbzk4ygjzds1d0vSd9ECMCxUgE3TXwku_DhmvJ2TQiE_bpmSC_1V1VrbGe_k-M&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1
Back to top Go down
Asmotsat

PostSubject: Re: VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable?   VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 2:45 pm

Ive just tonight bolted up a system (number on mufflers 841f58) which i bought on ebay which i think is from a vl800. on to my boulevard vz800z 2008 (numbers on mufflers 839g28)  muffler diameters were slightly smaller and about an inch shorter in length, but the actual outlet pipe at the back of the muffler was slightly larger. all mountings lined up. o2 sensosor bolted in ok. its too late tonight to fire it up. but tomorrow i will see how it works. i think it looks a bit better as the standard mufflers which in my opinion were a little too fat and a little too long anyway.   I am putting it in for a Roadworthy Test next week,  i hope it passes. it looks very stock standard. only a keen vz expert might spot the difference.  unsure if the sound level will be any different becuase the outlet hole is now slightly larger.
Back to top Go down
Asmotsat

PostSubject: Re: VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable?   VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 1:26 pm

Asmotsat wrote:
Ive just tonight bolted up a system (number on mufflers 841f58) which i bought on ebay which i think is from a vl800. on to my boulevard vz800z 2008 (numbers on mufflers 839g28)  muffler diameters were slightly smaller and about an inch shorter in length, but the actual outlet pipe at the back of the muffler was slightly larger. all mountings lined up. o2 sensosor bolted in ok. its too late tonight to fire it up. but tomorrow i will see how it works. i think it looks a bit better as the standard mufflers which in my opinion were a little too fat and a little too long anyway.   I am putting it in for a Roadworthy Test next week,  i hope it passes. it looks very stock standard. only a keen vz expert might spot the difference.  unsure if the sound level will be any different becuase the outlet hole is now slightly larger.
OK,  it sounds quite nice. slightly deeper rumble. much better than the stock pipes.  my roadworthy test man was not worried about the part number difference, he was happy to see that it had the e4 in a box stamped under the part numbers.    haven't had an opportunity to test its performance or determine any fuel consumption differences yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable?   VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VL and VZ exhausts interchangeable?
Page 1 of 1