Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

...the piece of cake rear wheel removal

Go down 
+4
Bunso Steel
captain crash
Mr Intruder
Farmboy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmboy

...the piece of cake rear wheel removal Empty
PostSubject: ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:04 am

...as I said, after doing the rear wheel on the GoldWing, the Boulevard's a piece of cake. Total time 45minutes, including searching for the 17mm socket that rolled unseen under the tool cabinet. I did have to remove the top muffler to drive the axle out with a drift punch (I used the extension from the socket set). A little wigglewigglewigglewiggle and she was free.

...the piece of cake rear wheel removal QrJTQBK1IBI3Q25ed11ugj3DShMOsaoO

Incidentally, the Metzler tire with 2" whitewall retailed at 168.00 cdn (equal right now with usd). Dunlop K55 (or KK5) was 205.00. Don't have my converter handy but is this on a par with uk?
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:03 am

Glad to read the axle came out without an issue, we all know what a pain they can be. Love the white wall.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Farmboy wrote:
Total time 45minutes, including searching for the 17mm socket that rolled unseen under the tool cabinet.

A friend of mine was looking for a tool once and said "why is it that when you loose something its always in the last place you look?"

I gave it a little thought and but didn't reply because I thought he must be having a ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal 2382030061 Because if it wasn't in the last place you looked then why would you still be looking lol!
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:49 pm

using a converter, 168 cdn equates to about 106 pounds right now. I see the whitewall metzler marathons going for between £90 - £150 here, so it about par i'd say
Back to top Go down
Farmboy

PostSubject: Re: ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 7:32 pm

...and buttoned back up and taken for a test ride. The entire job solo. Total re-install time about 20 minutes. I'll tell you it's a bugger to torque that nut! lol All in all not a tough job, just attention to detail and procedure.
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 7:43 pm

Farmboy wrote:
All in all not a tough job, just attention to detail and procedure.
I think that is the key, most people have the ability to do their own maintenance but are often a little scared to go for it. The satisfaction of completing a job or some maintenance for ones self for me at least is immense.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 4:54 pm

At least when you do your own maintenance you know the jobs done properly. A lot of garages ain't got a clue, you would be better off letting a kid do it
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 5:20 pm

captain crash wrote:
At least when you do your own maintenance you know the jobs done properly. A lot of garages ain't got a clue, you would be better off letting a kid do it
if you go in some garages it looks like sum of em are not much more than kids ooohh shit im getting old
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 5:23 pm

You and me both Morgan, scary shit. affraid
Back to top Go down
churchy
churchy

PostSubject: Re: ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 2:23 pm

I've just removed the rear wheel without removing the exhausts.Undone the torque arm and rear drum nuts, removed the axle nut and cover cap on left hand side. I then put a socket on the left hand side and tapped the axle with butt end of a hammer to get a start, after which I placed a screwdriver behind the bolt on the left and a rag to protect the frame. A little pressure on the screwdriver whilst turning the socket and out she came. worth its weight in gold to keep that axle maintained took about 15 mins in total.
hope this helps some of you guys
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 12:00 am

churchy wrote:
. worth its weight in gold to keep that axle maintained took about 15 mins in total.

Preventative maintenance is worth it on every bike Paul, keep up the good work   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal 2170595768
Back to top Go down
Twojobmick
Valued VIP Member
Twojobmick

PostSubject: Re: ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 10:31 pm

simbo wrote:
churchy wrote:
. worth its weight in gold to keep that axle maintained took about 15 mins in total.

Preventative maintenance is worth it on every bike Paul, keep up the good work   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal 2170595768
...the piece of cake rear wheel removal 428386  Amir  ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal 3498837457
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal   ...the piece of cake rear wheel removal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

...the piece of cake rear wheel removal
Page 1 of 1