Suzuki 800 Intruder Club & Forum
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Welcome to suzuki800 Intruder forum

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50, Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder.

You will need to register before all the area's become visible, before doing so please enter & read the first thread in the Introductory area

It will only take a minute to register & it would be great to have you on board
This is a free to access and use site.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A UK Site Dedicated To The Suzuki C800, VL800, VX800, M800, VZ800, VS800, C50, M50 Model Intruder / Boulevard / Marauder

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System

Go down 
+9
Sanddancer
Proudtexson
fat intruder
alfie92
MarcinG
captain crash
simbo
Mr Intruder
typan
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:31 pm

shadycowboy wrote:
Where is the cheapest place to buy?

There's a link at the top of the page pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 3498837457
Back to top Go down
typan
typan

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 6:53 pm

looking good paul, great job , pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 102087026 all we need is some sunshine and bobs your uncle.
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 pm

YEah i think I prefer the Pyle one for looks as well but £20 cheaper
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:19 pm

heres a link to the 200w model for a £5 cheaper http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pyle-PLMCA30-Motorcycle-Amplified-Handlebar/dp/B001RJMPBA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_5
Back to top Go down
captain crash
Mentally Deficient lunatic ..... & ..... Site Moderator
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 8:23 pm

Now thats a flippin crazy bargain
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Suzuki800.com Founder ... & ... Senior Administrator
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Just did a quick video of how I have mine setup.

Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Good video Dave pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 3498837457 Cracking set up it looks very neat and tidy pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 2170595768 Good idea with the designated Mpeg player rather than a more expensive unit.
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Nice setup. I like the remote setup on bars. Great video
Back to top Go down
fat intruder
Very Valued VIP Member
fat intruder

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:19 pm

nice vid but it lacks a sertan something ? lol
good set up nice neat fitting job well done pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 184121345
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Looks great dave, the way you have it setup is very neat and tidy and well thought out and executed for ease of use pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 2170595768
Its been very interesting to see that the 3 members that have this music system have all set it up very slightly differently pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 881924
Back to top Go down
typan
typan

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 7:46 pm

great vid dave,good setup.enjoy your system in the coming months. pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 3039991824
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Thanks guys I am very happy indeed with the way it is setup, an excellent buy. The remote control being place where it is was just copied on the way that Phil (typan) did it, that then lead on to the idea for the MP3 player mounting bracket.
As always on this site, fantastic ideas often come up and others help you see the wood in the trees.
Back to top Go down
Sanddancer
Valued Member
Sanddancer

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:10 pm

I must admit, I do like the idea of the Amp unit concealed (and may yet change mine).

I put mine accessible (centre bar mounted) for 2 reasons...

1. I don't think you can change radio stations from the remote (correct me if I'm wrong)

2. The remote did not look as "water resistant" as the Amp unit (In case there was a downpour mid ride)

Decisions decisions :what1:

PS- Did my video link work after the pics??
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Sorry Paul just scrolled back and watched your video, looking good.
Yes you are right that you can't change the stations from the remote but I will probably only ever use the mp3 player so that is not a concern for me.
On that note, I have have just been chatting to Doc Cox and he said not to bother fitting an aerial as I had originally planned as it will be a waist of cash. Much better to extend the aerial wire and just run it around the bike, even coiling it in areas to gain length, as the signal will be much better improved through length of aerial than by installing a shop bought one.
As for the remote control, I kind of took the attitude that if it was made for external use, it should be fine. However you have me concerned now so I will open it up at the weekend and fill it with Vaseline.
Back to top Go down
Sanddancer
Valued Member
Sanddancer

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Thanks Dave. I was looking at aerials so glad I've just read this and not wasted my money.

I'm busy making a cap/cover for the amp unit just for added protection, when parked up etc.

Watch what you're doing with the Vaseline- I don't want you cursing me, if you knack it!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Sanddancer wrote:
Watch what you're doing with the Vaseline- I don't want you cursing me, if you knack it!
Vaseline is an old trick used by automotive mechanics & electricians. There is nothing better on the market at any price for protecting electrics. Any time I have access to or connect any electrical components together I coat it in a layer of Vaseline. It fully waterproofs and stops corrosion!
Back to top Go down
Theanos
Theanos

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:55 am

I wanted to add something to this conversation, and for anyone interested in pictures, just PM me and let me know!

I recently bought a used pair of the PLMCA10s to put on my Marauder (for $30), and with a handlebar mounted tach, there isn't any room to mount them! Well, in order to get them on, I ended up mounting them to the turn signal stems! I wasn't sure how they would look or act, but after adjusting them so they wouldn't hit the tank when I turned, they look pretty awesome. The other issue I ran into with these is that Pyle Audio seems to think that everyone rides a Harley, so the mounting brackets were too damn big. This was an even easier fix. I went to the hardware store, picked up some plumbing wall brackets, shined them up a little and lined the inside with rubber from an old inner tube. 76 cents was all it cost me! So for $30.76 I got a hell of a speaker system, and I would recommend these to anyone looking for something flashy, but reasonably priced!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:39 pm

Now thats thinking outside the box Ryan, very clever idea.
If you have a photobucket account, you can post pictures straight to the site.
Back to top Go down
Sanddancer
Valued Member
Sanddancer

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Yeah, I'd love to see that set up too.
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 10:59 pm

Cool vid Dave.... great little solution to holding the MP3 player.

I've been racking my brains for some way of holding my phone, so you may just have cracked it.

(seriously, NOT so I can text or talk while riding pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 2343124779 but just as a means of holding it if I wanted to charge it from the handlebar mounted USB/ciggie lighter while on the move.)

The fact so much of the mp3 is visible should make it easy to remember to grab when you park up too Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Yeah it works really well, I have cut the front of the mount so that I can access the controls better. With me I just hate paying for stuff when there is an easy home made solution available.
Back to top Go down
Theanos
Theanos

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:23 pm

There was enough of an interest in how I did it that I thought I would post a few pictures. I wasn't able to find the brand name of the brackets I used, but I don't think there are any Farm and Fleets in the UK anyway! So, without further ado..
pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 IMG_1395
pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 IMG_1392
pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 IMG_1393
pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 IMG_1394
pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 IMG_1390
pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 IMG_1391
And yes, these pictures were taken today. There is too much of that damn white stuff on the ground here!
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:31 pm

That's really smart - love the colour scheme on your bike too. (sorry COLOR!) Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Nice one. pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 276246
Very interesting to see how everyone on here has them set up in a different way. pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 3498837457
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:35 pm

Looks good Ryan, good idea fitting the speakers on the indicator stalks pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 2170595768
Back to top Go down
Theanos
Theanos

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Very funny, Mal, but I've watched the Two Ronnies "Fork Handles" skit, so I can decipher Brit fairly well! I was going to mention that the speakers are a little off-kilter, but I didn't want to offend any Scottish sensibilities by using the words off and Kilt in one sentence!
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Forcandles or andles for forks pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 3213823784
Looks great Ryan pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 2645662097
Back to top Go down
bigmal
Very Valued VIP Member
bigmal

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:58 pm

You'll be telling us you need radiator 'O's next! pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 852880
Back to top Go down
Theanos
Theanos

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 10:55 pm

After a few test runs, I think I need to move the amp. I can tell when the bike is in gear, so I don't need the N. light, but I keep leaving my blinker on cause I can't see the indicator light!
Back to top Go down
Sanddancer
Valued Member
Sanddancer

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 3:49 am

Got my amp in same place as yours, and going to move mine as well.
Just ordered tool roll to put it in. Moving mine cos I need some space for sat nav I want. Will operate amp from remote like others have done, and will sort a little weather proof cover for it.
Back to top Go down
Theanos
Theanos

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 6:39 am

I'll probably sew up a treated leather bag and "hang" it right underneath of where it is now. Post pics when you finish yours, Paul.
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Right, Im about to order these. (third attempt at buying speakers for the bike) has anyone done a write up or diagram for wiring. I really don't wanna splice anything.
Back to top Go down
Sanddancer
Valued Member
Sanddancer

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:26 pm

You shouldn’t have to splice anything. The wiring is dead easy...
In short, there is a cable that goes from the main unit direct to the battery. Other cables are L & R speakers, Aux cable for ipod, and cable for remote button pad.
After various trials, I have settled for the main unit in the side tool compartment (The unit does not have to be accessed if you have one pre set radio station).
I have also mounted the remote on the bars with the 2 speakers.
There is a simple wiring diagram included in the package, but believe me, you shouldn’t need it.
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:39 pm

So if its constantly attached to the battery is it constantly turned on?
Back to top Go down
Sanddancer
Valued Member
Sanddancer

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:49 pm

No, there is an on/off switch on the remote pad and the main unit (called "Mode" button), whichever option you choose to go for.
A red L.E.D light indicates power on, on both options. So if the unit is off, no power should be drawn.
Back to top Go down
simbo
* Site Guru *
simbo

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:55 pm

You could always wire it to the aux plug in the headlight bucket, then it's only live when the ignition is on? No good if you want music on while your parked though.
Back to top Go down
Sanddancer
Valued Member
Sanddancer

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:14 pm

That’s a good point. (I wouldn’t of known how to do that).
It did cross my mind if some nosy bugger wanted to play with the remote and turn the tunes on, it could drain the battery. I will probably make a little cap/water cover for the remote when parked.
Something else to do!
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:59 pm

Simbo thats what id like to do.
Back to top Go down
Proudtexson
VIP Member
Proudtexson

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:32 am

I have my Kuryexpensive speakers hooked direct to the battery because I listen to my Sat Radio and Ipod a lot while I am working. They have their own on/off switch and a little green light thats on when they are on. I have run my Bat. down a couple of times from leaving them on. But once I finally pulled my head out of my ass it hasn't been a problem. pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 2740622253
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:22 am

The auxiliary power supply inside the headlight bucket and is rated at 10amps, so more than enough power. Most of us simply use 2 spade connectors to gain access to the power supply. O/B = Live / B/W = Earth. The connector is switched live, so only works when the ignition is on.

pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Plmca10_wiring_large

pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 IMG_0250
pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 IMG_0251
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 3:54 pm

Silly Question, but which color to which part of the aux supply above? My speakers arrived :-)
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 5:03 pm

Well my Amp doesn't work. Typical.

third time ordering speakers and looks like they are going back.

Tried the aux headlight. Nothing no power light

I have the connections direct to the battery. Nothing no power light.

Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Just discovered the problem. The Fuse is blown on the power cable. How can a new amp have a blown fuse!
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 5:44 pm

Just got given this set for my birthday, will be installing it on the triumph.
I'll make sure to check the power supply fuse if I get any problems!
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:08 pm

shadycowboy wrote:
Just discovered the problem. The Fuse is blown on the power cable. How can a new amp have a blown fuse!
Unless there is an issue with the amp, the only other real way is if the live and earth were connected the wrong way around.
Back to top Go down
shadycowboy
shadycowboy

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:57 pm

sorted and all working, Radio Crap. Music average to OK pretty distorted. Amazingly turning it UP helps lol

Couldn't expect more from £55
Back to top Go down
Mr Intruder
Mr Intruder

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 12:08 am

shadycowboy wrote:
sorted and all working, Radio Crap. Music average to OK pretty distorted. Amazingly turning it UP helps lol

Couldn't expect more from £55
radio just needs a longer antena wire but if your music is not coming through very good untill you turn it up then I would send it back and get a replacement.
Where you have it mounted could make a difference though as you may be getting interferance.
Back to top Go down
Theanos
Theanos

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 6:48 am

I'm back. My bike is in the shop, so it's been pretty depressing coming onto the forums.

This system is great, as long as you avoid rain. The biggest issue I've run into is the volume. It would be better suited on a quieter bike than mine, but tunes is tunes. To add onto what everyone is talking about, remember, the unit does NOT stop draining battery unless you disconnect the amp from the power source (i.e. Pulling the power cord from the back of the amp). There is always going to be a little trickle being pulled to maintain the time and the pre-set radio station. The trickle is minimal, as long as your battery is up for it.
Back to top Go down
captain crash
captain crash

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 10:51 am

The best thing to do with power is to have it run on a switched earth such as the spare port in the headlight bucket
Back to top Go down
Bunso Steel
Valued Member
Bunso Steel

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:37 pm

Hey guys need a little help installing mine on the Tiger. I have an auxiliary power point at the front of the tank which I'd like to power the amp from as its switched live. However this is not a standard cigarette lighter style socket its like a mini version I have never seen before. pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Img-2010
Could anybody give me some advice on what adapter I would need for this socket in order to connect the spades from the amp power cable?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System   pyle - Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pyle PLMCA10 Motorcycle Speaker & Amplifier System
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next